The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How many points should we expect from the Nucks, and will we be presidents again?

Tom Sestito

How many points should we expect and will we be presidents again?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Kesler was terrible last year and missed time. Raymond and Booth had injuries and such, the twins slumped hard. We still won the Prez. I don't see why we can't do it again.

I don't buy the "rest and save for the playoffs", look how that worked out last year. We played uninspired and lazy, ended up letting down our guards and went into the playoffs without Daniel, and again, an injured Kes. Won a whopping 1 game.

When we played with a vengeance all year, we went to the finals.

I would bet that we snag the Presidents Trophy again. People forget how beat up a lot of our key players were last year. We essentially had 2 years of cumulative injuries. Mayray will likely bounce back. Even if Kesler isn't on his PP unit, he's apparently been working on his accuracy, taking sneaky shots from bad angles generated a lot of his goals a couple years ago. Booth is likely going to be the force we hoped for when we snagged him (if he stays healthy) and Garrison for Salo is going to do more for our GF and GA than many seem to believe. I'd say most importantly, Schneider is a more calm presence in net for now and the guys plays quite well in front of him. That should give us some help building momentum during the season despite the expected growing pains.

10-11 67 points through the first 48 games

11-12 62 points through the first 48 games

I think most peoples' predictions are quite good, the 60 point range. We do have a reputation of being a slow starting team, though December is usualy one of our better months so I think the first 48 of the past season is a good indication of how we will preform.

Winning the division, let alone the conference, let alone the league is far from a guarantee this year.

Minnesota has bolstered their line-up, the Oilers young guns are a yr older and in game shape from their time in the AHL. In a short season, they are a threat.

I THINK we will win the division again, but not as confident as last year, not even close.

Barring a plethora of major injuries, we are easily making the playoffs and lets be honest, that matters FAR FAR more than winning the presidents trophy. Only once in the last 10 years has the PT winner wont the Stanley Cup.

I would rather we finish 4th to 6th and not burn ourselves out trying to win a window dressing award so we still have juice left in the tank for the playoffs.

I hope they don't make too strong a push for the PT, last Lear I thought the were all about getting the PT when they should have been prepping for the playoffs. Doing things like experimenting with potential playoff line so they wouldn't have to do things like through out untested lines in playoff games. Hey but we won the PT. :)

I only care about being fit for the SC.

Fortunately this shortened season with less long distance travelling should help the Canucks stay fresh. Sadly staying fresh won't help us imo as we have not got "bigger and badder" (yet) where we need it, so I'm expecting similar to last season.

The one heartening thing was MG on the radio regarding the Lu deal saying something like "we know what we need" I think/hope he realises that we still lack size with pushback in this team if we are going to stand up to "best of 7's against the likes of LA, Boston, Philly etc.

I only care about being fit for the SC.

Fortunately this shortened season with less long distance travelling should help the Canucks stay fresh. Sadly staying fresh won't help us imo as we have not got "bigger and badder" (yet) where we need it, so I'm expecting similar to last season.

The one heartening thing was MG on the radio regarding the Lu deal saying something like "we know what we need" I think/hope he realises that we still lack size with pushback in this team if we are going to stand up to "best of 7's against the likes of LA, Boston, Philly etc.

Archived