The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks offer to the fans.

PlayStation

Discounted food, discounted merchandise... FOR THE FIRST 3 GAMES!

Also note they are doing a jersey off out backs the first game and allowing a fan to drop the puck opening night. (Saw another tweet about this)

But wow, if there were some of you that were about to break and buy tickets this season, this would change that for me. I'm going to stand pat like I was.

With the lockout done, the Vancouver Canucks will be selling single-game tickets for their abbreviated NHL season this week, and if you feel like feeding your pro hockey habit, it'll cost you at least $63.75 a pop to attend games at Rogers Arena.

The tickets go on sale at 2 p.m. Tuesday.

The first three games will feature cheap food and merchandise discounts, but some fans on twitter say that's not enough.

CKNW listeners have tweeted in concerns about long lineups due to the one-dollar grub, while others want the reduced food prices to stay season-long.

Still others say they're planning on boycotting the team altogether.

Here are some Tweets from CKNW listeners in reaction to the food and merchandise discounts touted by the hockey club:

@WilliamHousty

just for opening weekend?#Cheap #OweTheFans

@_preetgill

Damage Control much?

@sprog

too little, too late.

@carakitten78

that good deal should do that more often least once a mounth

@NucksNiners

that sucks! The Sens are giving away one free game to season ticket holders..

@KevynNobel

the tickets for the first 5 games should be half price too!@VanCanucks otherwise I won't be there for hotdogs pop and merchandise

@kalradia

That'll make it all better. #sad

@TwittleAir

well since half the season's over *eyeroll* how about those prices for the rest of the year?? Fans will pay 4 it in higher season fix

@ChrisWalks1

Still really frustrated by the lockout. Not going to #Canucksgames, so this doesn't affect me at all.

@lynneux

Would rather #Canucks charged full price and donated all the revenue to @CanuckPlace for a few games. They've been hurt by this.

@Stackie41

too bad tickets are so expensive....can't afford it and won't go to a game this year

@EstateVancouver

These discounts should be for the entire season.

@Sinochick

chaos and long lineups to purchase food/merch = angry customers.

@drksky48

Two hour line ups !!!!

@brokensegment

I’m never going to a Canucks game again.

@findchico

Boycott.

@toughtorque

#emptyrink

Discounted food, discounted merchandise... FOR THE FIRST 3 GAMES!

Also note they are doing a jersey off out backs the first game and allowing a fan to drop the puck opening night.

But wow, if there were some of you that were about to break and buy tickets this season, this would change that for me. I'm going to stand pat like I was.

there was never any chance they would do anything more. the market in vancouver is too strong. discounted tickets would be "nice" but there is no need. fans flock back.

so basically nothing for the fans who don't attend the first 3 games?

if you want cheap tickets, tampa has $200 season tickets

With all the money we make & after hearing MG speak about it and hearing him say they have some things in store, I was honestly expecting something huge, something close to what LA did, this is pretty disappointing maybe the entire season but only for 3 games... Quite disappointing.

I'm not going to hold it against them, but I would have liked something bigger just to show they are sorry, seems like they just expect us to run back cause we are a competitive team, everyone will go back, and they will have my full support, but I'm not gunna spend any money.

Regardless of how many fans will flock back, for the first 3 days is pretty weak, especially for discounted food and merchandise. The jerseys are already at least a 150% markup, so now they make what, only 100% markup? The food is worse mark up at that too, how much does it cost them for 1 bag of popcorn? With the volume they do, about 20 cents (bag included) yet it is what $7?

I would have MUCH prefered what LA did and have the Canucks do the 3 day cheap out for Fans and and donated a huge chunk to Canuck place, maybe $ for $ what was dontaed (to date) this time last year, since they took such a huge hit from the 50/50

Discount tickets would he a mess.

Pens are doing the discount for merchandise for the entire season.

The Kings however have done the best thing that I have heard of yet, by donating $1 Million to the community.

As for discounted food, have fun wasting even more time in line.

This only concerns me if I intend on purchasing tickets for this season. As such, I do not.

Good luck to the concession workers who will have to endure extremely long lineups (and therefore impatient fans) and verbal harassment after said impatient fan misses 2 seconds of the second period. Of course, this will be back to status quo come home game 4, so let's sweep this under the rug and pretend like nothing happened.

Archived