Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PlayStation

Canucks offer to the fans.

137 posts in this topic

It's pathetic, really. The Canucks had a real opportunity to display some community leadership with this. Discounts on food that people shouldn't be eating anyway, at all, and discounts on merchandise - effective walking Canuck advertisements - is what they're offering?

Honestly, I would've been happy with a sincere apology from Mr. Aquilini, a la Ron Burkle, but I guess Francesco doesn't feel a need to apologize to his patrons over this. Really a shame. Makes the organization look very Mickey Mouse.

Has Sportsnet Pacific released their schedule?

It's pathetic, really. The Canucks had a real opportunity to display some community leadership with this. Discounts on food that people shouldn't be eating anyway, at all, and discounts on merchandise - effective walking Canuck advertisements - is what they're offering?

Honestly, I would've been happy with a sincere apology from Mr. Aquilini, a la Ron Burkle, but I guess Francesco doesn't feel a need to apologize to his patrons over this. Really a shame. Makes the organization look very Mickey Mouse.

In the CBA, is there a clause that mandates that teams must give something back to their fans?

They could have done nothing and it still would have been a sell out. Sure they are sorry to the fans, but realistically, despite all the tough talk about fans not coming back or sticking it to the Canucks... in the end it doesn't matter, the building will still be full every game. They don't even need to offer as little as they are and it would still be enough to get people back by just having hockey back. It's nice of them to do this little, even though they could have gotten away with doing nothing.

They should do as said above and donate a good portion to Canucks place or do something different outside of the game, community time somewhere they don't usually etc. Not that there is a shortage of effort on the organization and players parts already when it comes to this sort of thing.

They are also doing Jersey off our backs. Also opportunity to win a road trip with the Canucks on the team charter and they are lanching 'My First Game' program, where the club hosts a fan that has never been to a Canucks game.

To help reduce line ups have those walking concession stands people walk up and down the aisle selling hot dogs, popcorn and drinks and even a merchandise guy selling some things. Offer some good service to the fans by serving the food & drinks from the comfort of their seats or set up extra hot dog/popcorn/drink carts. I think the $1 concession food is a super deal; however, this does only benefit those who can actually afford to go to games. Discounted merchandise should be offered in all the Canucks stores and available to all their fans (online store as well ie. extra 20% percent off and free shipping over $50 or something like that). Canucks fans go beyond those that can attend the games.

I agree, discounted food and beverage, pathetic. The club missed the boat on an opportunity to make a meaningful gesture to life long fans of the team. It is not about making up for lost time, because that is not possible. This was a chance for the club to make a true expression of regret and graditude to some of the people who pay their inflated prices and ultimately their salaries.

Cheap hotdogs at a couple games is more than they need to do. its not like someone cut off your water and air for 4 months in order to secure a decade of water and air for everyone...but it is as though a sports entertainment group of companpanies shut down for 4 months in order to secure a decade of entertainment for all their fans.

You want something special because otherwise you won't watch? I think you wanted the basketball channel..its over there.

They could have done nothing and it still would have been a sell out. Sure they are sorry to the fans, but realistically, despite all the tough talk about fans not coming back or sticking it to the Canucks... in the end it doesn't matter, the building will still be full every game. They don't even need to offer as little as they are and it would still be enough to get people back by just having hockey back. It's nice of them to do this little, even though they could have gotten away with doing nothing.

They should do as said above and donate a good portion to Canucks place or do something different outside of the game, community time somewhere they don't usually etc. Not that there is a shortage of effort on the organization and players parts already when it comes to this sort of thing.

I agree, discounted food and beverage, pathetic. The club missed the boat on an opportunity to make a meaningful gesture to life long fans of the team. It is not about making up for lost time, because that is not possible. This was a chance for the club to make a true expression of regret and graditude to some of the people who pay their inflated prices and ultimately their salaries.

More good points made, the canucks are lucky they are a winning team and a wealthy team. If they were in the poorer markets they would never get away with this and wouldn't see any fans show up for these amazing offers.

A big charitable donation would do the trick. Especially to Canuck Place which has been hurt quite a bit by the lockout.

Canucks fans are everywhere,all over the world.

How about live streaming for free?

How about 100 walk up tickets per game for half price?

How about 25% off certain merchandise and 25% to charities?

How about partial proceeds from certain games(say ,certain divisional games) go to a charity that the fans choose online and at the rink? Flames games proceeds go to burn victims,etc.-be creative and help the community's less fortunate.

This whole affair seems to have been about the very rich whacking it over the rich.The emperor wears no clothes so how about showing a genuine gift to the less fortunate in any attempt at redemption?

funny they keep telling us we are the best fans but then when the time come to reward those fans they give you a dollar off a ten dollar hotdog. canadian fans will come back they know this so why give us anything.

i won't be buying any canuck merchandise or wearing the jersey i own and i'm not going to any games at least for this season . however i will watch every game on tv and and can't wait for the puck to drop.

I aint going to any games this year and few years or maybe never... they fork too much $$$ I will go to game if i get free tickets! :)