The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks offer to the fans.

PlayStation

We are the most loyal fans people may hate us we might lose every year, but we know it will make it sweeter when we win the cup and I think its unfair that after a lockout Canucks management thinks just because we are in Vancouver we don't deserve anything as fans

yay! 50% off a 30% inflated price of the teamstore compared to every other local retailer AWESOME!

honestly, as a season ticket holder all the flashy food/ticket price/merchandise reductions dont mean squat, give STH more access to the players (something we all want) and donate a buttload of money to local charities and minor hockey programs. (something i think they will do as they do every other year)

Here's what I get out of that release:

To say sorry to the millions of Canucks fans, we've decided to make the food a little bit cheaper for a few days for the few corporate folks whos companies have seasons tickets. For all of the regular joes who can't really afford tickets, you just get a "thanks"!

What a joke

Pretty pathetic. 3 games of discounted food and merchandise? That's the biggest gesture they can possible bring themselves to make?

I will always love the Canucks, the TEAM. The Canucks as a business I almost can't help but loathe. I'm one of the biggest fans you'll find but I can honestly say I've only been to, I think, 6 regular season games in my life and 2 preseason games. Growing up, my family couldn't 'afford it and personally I'm not in a position financially that I can afford to go to one more than once a year. What does it matter? Even if you can afford to fork over the ridiculous amounts of dough for a ticket, it's hard to get a hold of one anyway. Therefor, you're forced to make way for the well off folks who can afford season tickets.

Discount tickets would he a mess.

Pens are doing the discount for merchandise for the entire season.

The Kings however have done the best thing that I have heard of yet, by donating $1 Million to the community.

As for discounted food, have fun wasting even more time in line.

What a joke this is. Give a little discount on overpriced gear and hot dogs and all is good??? So the millions of fans in this province that actually can't get to games get nothing. They're making money on their apology for christ sakes. Just disgusting.

I would have rather seen them do what the LA Kings just did and donate $1 Million to Canuck Place.

Thing is, Canucks don't really have to do anything. People pay money each year to be on a waiting for several years just to buy season tickets. Vancouver is hockey-crazed. They'll have no problem selling tickets at regular prices and people will flock to Rogers Arena to see as many games as they can afford. That's the reality. Enjoy the discounts while they last.

yay! 50% off a 30% inflated price of the teamstore compared to every other local retailer AWESOME!

honestly, as a season ticket holder all the flashy food/ticket price/merchandise reductions dont mean squat, give STH more access to the players (something we all want) and donate a buttload of money to local charities and minor hockey programs. (something i think they will do as they do every other year)

Here's what I get out of that release:

To say sorry to the millions of Canucks fans, we've decided to make the food a little bit cheaper for a few days for the few corporate folks whos companies have seasons tickets. For all of the regular joes who can't really afford tickets, you just get a "thanks"!

What a joke

Honestly, I think it's just the optics of it. In several weeks I doubt many people, if any, are going to care about what the Canucks gave or didn't give. It's simply about how it looks when a wealthy team like the Vancouver Canucks gives back so little. Scrooge syndrome, if you will.

Archived