The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks offer to the fans.

PlayStation

Just called the team store at the arena.

It's 50% of merch for the 1st 3 home games. The employee thinks it's only for ticket holders and he does not know if the store will be open during the day or just at game time.

Makes sense. They are showing STH loyalty. Not internet nerds who spend no money on the team.

If you don't spend money on the team, frankly; they don't care about you.

Just called the team store at the arena.

It's 50% of merch for the 1st 3 home games. The employee thinks it's only for ticket holders and he does not know if the store will be open during the day or just at game time.

Makes sense. They are showing STH loyalty. Not internet nerds who spend no money on the team.

If you don't spend money on the team, frankly; they don't care about you.

I don't think Canuck ownership really feels like they did anything wrong, as in, I'm pretty sure there were a handful of owners that were much more willing to get the season going a lot earlier than it is such as with the Canucks. The owners that were putting up the big fight trying to get more from the players and in turn making the lockout as long as it was are the teams that have been losing money and competitiveness. The rich teams that have been making lots of money, such as the Canucks, likely don't feel to blame for the lockout. This could also be part of the reason they didn't offer up much, and why the poor teams have.

^^

I don't think Canuck ownership really feels like they did anything wrong, as in, I'm pretty sure there were a handful of owners that were much more willing to get the season going a lot earlier than it is such as with the Canucks.

Honestly with a hockey mad market like Vancouver i'm surprised they are doing anything because really...people would come back one way or the other. So I suppose it is nice for the thought, however execution is poor and I find this 'offer' to be pretty...uninspired. It definately wouldn't influence me if I was a person on the fence about purchasing season tickets or anything else suitably major.

I'd have prefered for the very profitable Canucks organization to donate some money to local hockey or some other such grass roots type movement. The LA Kings did a good job with the whole 'giving back' idea and I hope its a model more teams follow (if all clubs haven't already decided on their PR Moves)

Guest Gumballthechewy

Pens are doing the discount for merchandise for the entire season.

The Kings however have done the best thing that I have heard of yet, by donating $1 Million to the community.

It's better to trim wages then lose your job. They could have just cut back on their employees and laid people off but instead opted to keep them but to make the books work as no revenue/work was coming in they had to cut back on wages. As for casual employees that's the nature of the job. You're only called in as needed.

Thing is, Canucks don't really have to do anything. People pay money each year to be on a waiting for several years just to buy season tickets. Vancouver is hockey-crazed. They'll have no problem selling tickets at regular prices and people will flock to Rogers Arena to see as many games as they can afford. That's the reality. Enjoy the discounts while they last.

Archived