The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks offer to the fans.

PlayStation

I don't see anyone wanting things for free, what most want is a show of good faith from the owners. Considering what other teams have offered so far, the Canucks missed the boat. Discounting already crap food sure isn't the answer.

How about they donate the majority of the teams profits this year to a charity that the fans choose through a vote.

It's pathetic, really. The Canucks had a real opportunity to display some community leadership with this. Discounts on food that people shouldn't be eating anyway, at all, and discounts on merchandise - effective walking Canuck advertisements - is what they're offering?

Honestly, I would've been happy with a sincere apology from Mr. Aquilini, a la Ron Burkle, but I guess Francesco doesn't feel a need to apologize to his patrons over this. Really a shame. Makes the organization look very Mickey Mouse.

the majority of the teams profits? i like the charity idea...but lets get back to sniffing the ashphalt ..your in orbit here. The Canucks did not break any laws, or cause mass polution or heck, even riot and burn cars...what is it that the Vancouver Canucks did that they should fork over 20 million dollars for? (*assumming its like 20m, i have no idea) Your ridiculous.

This brings up an interesting thought. By "thanking the fans" with cheap food deals and encouraging people to eat at the rink, that will hurt restaurants in the area that do not need more lost business. I'm sure people will still go to restaurants in the area, but people before that would think that they won't eat at the stadium because it's too expensive may now go for the cheaper option especially with the costs of tickets in the first place. If I owned a food business in the area, I may not be too happy about this.

I fully expected a lockout was gonna happen half way through the first round last year. Honestly, I don't care about the owners or Bettman. I just hope they reviewed their officiating and disciplinary staff. After everything they players went through last year, they didn't deserve to get shafted by the lockout like they did.

I'm just hoping my favorite sport is fixed... and by "fixed", I don't mean the NHL's standards of "fixed"...

Archived