136 replies to this topic

#61 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

I don't care. 50% off a jersey? Hell yeah!

yay! 50% off a 30% inflated price of the teamstore compared to every other local retailer AWESOME!

honestly, as a season ticket holder all the flashy food/ticket price/merchandise reductions dont mean squat, give STH more access to the players (something we all want) and donate a buttload of money to local charities and minor hockey programs. (something i think they will do as they do every other year)

#62 ice3u3

ice3u3

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

We are the most loyal fans people may hate us we might lose every year, but we know it will make it sweeter when we win the cup and I think its unfair that after a lockout Canucks management thinks just because we are in Vancouver we don't deserve anything as fans

#63 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

yay! 50% off a 30% inflated price of the teamstore compared to every other local retailer AWESOME!

honestly, as a season ticket holder all the flashy food/ticket price/merchandise reductions dont mean squat, give STH more access to the players (something we all want) and donate a buttload of money to local charities and minor hockey programs. (something i think they will do as they do every other year)

Well it's 50% off all merchandise so the best deal would probably be the hats. Those are crazy expensive at the store.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

View PostMarkus Alexander Cody, on 19 July 2010 - 11:34 PM, said:

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#64 xWCMx

xWCMx

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Here's what I get out of that release:

To say sorry to the millions of Canucks fans, we've decided to make the food a little bit cheaper for a few days for the few corporate folks whos companies have seasons tickets. For all of the regular joes who can't really afford tickets, you just get a "thanks"!

What a joke
Posted Image

Sig removed - inappropriate ^ how was this inappropriate?

#65 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Pretty pathetic. 3 games of discounted food and merchandise? That's the biggest gesture they can possible bring themselves to make?

I will always love the Canucks, the TEAM. The Canucks as a business I almost can't help but loathe. I'm one of the biggest fans you'll find but I can honestly say I've only been to, I think, 6 regular season games in my life and 2 preseason games. Growing up, my family couldn't 'afford it and personally I'm not in a position financially that I can afford to go to one more than once a year. What does it matter? Even if you can afford to fork over the ridiculous amounts of dough for a ticket, it's hard to get a hold of one anyway. Therefor, you're forced to make way for the well off folks who can afford season tickets.

#66 gnarbot

gnarbot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Discount tickets would he a mess.

Pens are doing the discount for merchandise for the entire season.
The Kings however have done the best thing that I have heard of yet, by donating $1 Million to the community.

As for discounted food, have fun wasting even more time in line.

The kings didn't do the best thing they did the smartest thing. They make the donation so that's all everyone will be talking about which allows them to charge full price for everything and noone will complain about it

#67 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

What a joke this is. Give a little discount on overpriced gear and hot dogs and all is good??? So the millions of fans in this province that actually can't get to games get nothing. They're making money on their apology for christ sakes. Just disgusting.

I would have rather seen them do what the LA Kings just did and donate $1 Million to Canuck Place.

Edited by MJDDawg, 14 January 2013 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image

#68 goneforever

goneforever

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

Thing is, Canucks don't really have to do anything. People pay money each year to be on a waiting for several years just to buy season tickets. Vancouver is hockey-crazed. They'll have no problem selling tickets at regular prices and people will flock to Rogers Arena to see as many games as they can afford. That's the reality. Enjoy the discounts while they last.

#69 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

The kings didn't do the best thing they did the smartest thing. They make the donation so that's all everyone will be talking about which allows them to charge full price for everything and noone will complain about it

What's your point? Canucks are still charging full price for tickets. The small discounts on merchandise and food apply only for the first 3 games. How does this thank you help anyone other than the suits that have the season tickets?
Posted Image

#70 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:12 AM

agree... i rather see more for STH.. food and merchandise don't interests me.. hopefully they will come up with more this week..

#71 Te@m1040

Te@m1040

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Here's what I get out of that release:

To say sorry to the millions of Canucks fans, we've decided to make the food a little bit cheaper for a few days for the few corporate folks whos companies have seasons tickets. For all of the regular joes who can't really afford tickets, you just get a "thanks"!

What a joke

EXACTLY THIS....couldn't have said it better myself

#72 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

As others have said, Vancouver doesn't really need to win back a few angry fans. We have such a strong market that many more will simply replace the "boycotters".
We are all Canucks

Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!
"I'll play on one leg, I don't care" - Ryan Kesler
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#73 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

jesus christ are you all really this big of a bunch of freeloaders?

"waaah give us more cheap/free stuff that's not enough"

don't go to the games if you don't like it, more tickets available for other people

#74 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:01 AM

jesus christ are you all really this big of a bunch of freeloaders?

"waaah give us more cheap/free stuff that's not enough"

don't go to the games if you don't like it, more tickets available for other people

It's not about being "freeloaders" and it's not about a bunch of fans asking "What have you done for me lately?". It's about fans that waited patiently throughout this ridiculous, unnecessary lockout wondering if their team will show some kind of sign that they're sincere in their regret about the crap that has transpired these last few months. Several people here really like the Kings idea of giving money to the community so this is definitely not about being a "freeloader".

#75 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

Honestly, I think it's just the optics of it. In several weeks I doubt many people, if any, are going to care about what the Canucks gave or didn't give. It's simply about how it looks when a wealthy team like the Vancouver Canucks gives back so little. Scrooge syndrome, if you will.

#76 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,941 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

The biggest thanks they can give us is building this team to contend for the Stanley Cup this year and the future via the Luongo trade.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#77 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,080 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

They should divide all the air miles they accumulate and disperse them to the fans. Then we can all afford to take trip to see them play.

Ofcourse if you can afford to go to a game here, you can take that trip anyway....

#78 Evolution10

Evolution10

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

I guess now would be a good time to get the Bieksa jersey I had wanted to get for awhile now :)

Posted Image

#79 Edler0023

Edler0023

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:57 AM

The whining in this thread is something else.

#80 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:07 AM

Compared to the other Canadian teams it's quite a bit. Seems on par with most of the richer teams so what're ya guna do? I do like the Bruins promotion of half price for all students.

Edited by WestCoastCanucks, 14 January 2013 - 02:08 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#81 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

I don't believe the Canucks personally owe us anything, I think the NHL does owe us something. *Cough, Free Centre Ice

#82 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,706 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:17 AM

What's your point? Canucks are still charging full price for tickets. The small discounts on merchandise and food apply only for the first 3 games. How does this thank you help anyone other than the suits that have the season tickets?

Be happy they're offering anything. After all, what did the lockout actually cost you? The truth is the lockout saved most of us money. I don't see that as a reason to be angry.
Posted Image

#83 Systemaddict

Systemaddict

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,788 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

Squat really. The poorer teams have to fork out lot's tho, by comparison.

Yeah - that's exactly it. The markets that the lockout hurt the most financially in the short term (Vancouver, New York, Toronto, Montreal, etc) won't be lowering ticket prices because the demand is there. While teams that the lockout hurt for the long haul (barring playoff success -- Pho, TB,etc) will have to do something more substantial.

#84 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

Pens are the only ones doing it right. 50% off at the team store. MOST fans can't even afford to go to a game, but would like to still buy a new T shirt, hat or jersey for the partial season. Nothing less will do. They alreadly lost all of my christmass spending, they could get some back with a nice discount, but I will not pay full price for anything this year. 50% off merchandise or nothing.

Edited by osu canuckeye, 14 January 2013 - 05:16 AM.

<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#85 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

It is possible to enjoy the game and get your entertainment/lifeblood from it without forking out $$$$$ PEOPLE!

Here's an idea, instead of buying that garbage hot dog,

TIP YOUR WAITRESS AN EXTRA % BUX YOU CHEAPSKATES!

TIP YOUR CABBIE!

TIP YOUR MAILMaN!

Give the local bum a bag of groceries.

Buy the coffee for the guy behind you at Starbux.

BUY SOME HOCKEY EQUIPMENT FOR UNDERPRIVILEDGED KIDS.

DON"T BUY THE NEW JERSEY< DONATE TO CHARITY!!!!!

Anything but buying stupid trinkets that have the NHL logo or NHLPA logo

What is gonna happen when they sell all the stock at the Canucks store at a "discount"? They will tweak the jersey's, design new hats and Tee's and then everyone will eat up that merchandise at regular prices.

C'mon Sheeple, use your heads. Don't fall for it.

#86 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:18 AM

What a meaningless and brainless gesture. It sounds like they gave this 5 seconds of thought and went with the first idea that popped into their heads.

What about the employees who work at the arena? What about the local establishments who have been hurt by the lockout? Thats an easy one. If they bothered to give the matter an additional 5 seconds of thought this probably would have occured to them.

Edited by Red Light Racicot, 14 January 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#87 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:23 AM

Canadian market

I didn't expect much to begin with so not disappointed at all.

#88 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,651 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

There should never have been an expectation that the owners would provide a discount for anything.

As we all should have learned during the lockout, this is a business. Businesses don't go giving out things for free, especially when they are trying to earn back losses that resulted from the lockout.
Posted Image
Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#89 snipes2539

snipes2539

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

This thread and the responses are exactly the reason why I laugh at anyone suggesting boycott. The whole season could've been wiped out and next year there'd still be plenty of people lining up to buy tickets.

Good for those who stand by their principles and have boycotted the NHL, but to think the Canucks and other major hockey markets (Boston, TO, Montreal, Edm, Calgary, etc....) don't recognize that for every one boycott there are 5 people behind them willing to take their place is just ignorant.

Oldest business principle in the world people, people will pay what the market demands, and in the Canucks market, they could've given absolutely nothing and they'd still sell out all the seats. Don't matter if you like it or not, that's just how it is.
Marriage = When the man comes home, he checks his balls at the door.

#90 kloubek

kloubek

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I may not say anything new here. Some of it will be repeat for certain, but....

1. The Canucks have sold out year over year, and they will do so again this year and for the forseeable
future. As such, lowering the ticket price is a total hit off their bottom line.
2. The ownership was only half the equation to this whole mess. What are the *players* doing for the fans? If the offer that the Canucks were making was doubled (the players also doing their part), then would that be good enough for everyone? Isn't it really the players we should be complaining about?
3. There is no law or requirement that says the Canucks had to do anything at all. What they've done (as little as it might appear) is at least *something* and I've seen little appreciation for it. I have a feeling that not many of you would change your minds until they provided free swag and stuff. Free is something that's really eye-opening for cheap people and complainers, but maybe even then it wouldn't be good enough for some of you.
4. The whole "apologize to the fans" is really a bit of BS in the first place. I mean, this is a business. In the world of business, strikes happen and things go sideways. While there would be no business without the fans, it is still our personal choice to follow overpaid athletes who weren't even born in the city they represent throwing a little piece of rubber to each other.

Guys... seriously. Just suck it up, and enjoy what season we have left.
Biggest Canucks Fan this Side of the Rockies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.