The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks offer to the fans.

PlayStation

What's your point? Canucks are still charging full price for tickets. The small discounts on merchandise and food apply only for the first 3 games. How does this thank you help anyone other than the suits that have the season tickets?

Pens are the only ones doing it right. 50% off at the team store. MOST fans can't even afford to go to a game, but would like to still buy a new T shirt, hat or jersey for the partial season. Nothing less will do. They alreadly lost all of my christmass spending, they could get some back with a nice discount, but I will not pay full price for anything this year. 50% off merchandise or nothing.

It is possible to enjoy the game and get your entertainment/lifeblood from it without forking out $$$$$ PEOPLE!

Here's an idea, instead of buying that garbage hot dog,

TIP YOUR WAITRESS AN EXTRA % BUX YOU CHEAPSKATES!

TIP YOUR CABBIE!

TIP YOUR MAILMaN!

Give the local bum a bag of groceries.

Buy the coffee for the guy behind you at Starbux.

BUY SOME HOCKEY EQUIPMENT FOR UNDERPRIVILEDGED KIDS.

DON"T BUY THE NEW JERSEY< DONATE TO CHARITY!!!!!

Anything but buying stupid trinkets that have the NHL logo or NHLPA logo

What is gonna happen when they sell all the stock at the Canucks store at a "discount"? They will tweak the jersey's, design new hats and Tee's and then everyone will eat up that merchandise at regular prices.

C'mon Sheeple, use your heads. Don't fall for it.

What a meaningless and brainless gesture. It sounds like they gave this 5 seconds of thought and went with the first idea that popped into their heads.

What about the employees who work at the arena? What about the local establishments who have been hurt by the lockout? Thats an easy one. If they bothered to give the matter an additional 5 seconds of thought this probably would have occured to them.

This thread and the responses are exactly the reason why I laugh at anyone suggesting boycott. The whole season could've been wiped out and next year there'd still be plenty of people lining up to buy tickets.

Good for those who stand by their principles and have boycotted the NHL, but to think the Canucks and other major hockey markets (Boston, TO, Montreal, Edm, Calgary, etc....) don't recognize that for every one boycott there are 5 people behind them willing to take their place is just ignorant.

Oldest business principle in the world people, people will pay what the market demands, and in the Canucks market, they could've given absolutely nothing and they'd still sell out all the seats. Don't matter if you like it or not, that's just how it is.

I may not say anything new here. Some of it will be repeat for certain, but....

1. The Canucks have sold out year over year, and they will do so again this year and for the forseeable

future. As such, lowering the ticket price is a total hit off their bottom line.

2. The ownership was only half the equation to this whole mess. What are the *players* doing for the fans? If the offer that the Canucks were making was doubled (the players also doing their part), then would that be good enough for everyone? Isn't it really the players we should be complaining about?

3. There is no law or requirement that says the Canucks had to do anything at all. What they've done (as little as it might appear) is at least *something* and I've seen little appreciation for it. I have a feeling that not many of you would change your minds until they provided free swag and stuff. Free is something that's really eye-opening for cheap people and complainers, but maybe even then it wouldn't be good enough for some of you.

4. The whole "apologize to the fans" is really a bit of BS in the first place. I mean, this is a business. In the world of business, strikes happen and things go sideways. While there would be no business without the fans, it is still our personal choice to follow overpaid athletes who weren't even born in the city they represent throwing a little piece of rubber to each other.

Guys... seriously. Just suck it up, and enjoy what season we have left.

I don't know why people are whining so much, we are a strong hockey market they know people will come back no matter what. Look at the teams that are giving out all the discounts, most of them are teams that could lose their franchises due to the lockout. Unlike other teams though, our team does a lot for the community even when there is no lockout (canucks for kids fund, telethons, charity events). Just start playing hockey.

Archived