Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Canucks offer to the fans.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
136 replies to this topic

#121 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

jesus christ are you all really this big of a bunch of freeloaders?

"waaah give us more cheap/free stuff that's not enough"

don't go to the games if you don't like it, more tickets available for other people

Again, I'd much rather see the Canucks organization do nothing than offer up a pathetic apology and a gesture to show how much they "care" about their fans. I won't buy tix or merchandise so it doesn't affect me. Seems like the Canucks always blow it when it comes to appreciating their fans whether its that pathetic 7th man banner or this pathetic gesture. It makes the organization look like a mickey mouse organization.

Posted Image

#122 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

As far casual employees go, the point is to maintain a happy and efficient workforce, one that feels it is valued and appreciated by their employers as they go through a tough economic labour struggle that doesn't involve their working conditions. This is Management 101. It's a pittance to make a substantial difference.

The intent of casual employees is that they are only called in as needed. They must know that these are the conditions of their employment. Their hours are not guaranteed. I'm sure they're just happy to be working again and seeing familiar faces. It does not make sense for a company not making any money to be giving away money to it's employees, especially when the terms of their employment does not entitle them guaranteed work. Such employees should just be happy/grateful to earn a bit of money again...you cannot take your job for granted and just be thankful you have a job especially in this economy.
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#123 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Uhhhhh..... *speechless*
Cheaper than WHL hockey

Chris Botta@ChrisBottaNHL
Florida Panthers: season tix start at $7 per game. Get free parking and jersey. Don't have to commit to next season.

Isn't that their regular priced tix anyway? Yet we wonder why lockout happens. Buttman should just move these teams somewhere else. With $7 I can't even buy a burger in Vancouver yet you can buy a hockey ticket, free parking, free food, free jersey and a beer in Florida. That is freaking pathetic even with the poor US economy. We pay $300/tix for the Canucks to support bum teams like FLA.

Edited by Pouria, 14 January 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

#124 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

If Hollywood actors were locked out/went on strike, what would you see in the theatre the first time there is a new movie? Dicounted tickets, free popcorn? I don't think so.

Even without lockouts and actors going on strike, silvercity still does have free movie days with $1 popcorn with the proceeds going to charity (children foundation or children's hospital). So yes, some still offer up something even if lots of people go to watch movies and pay for expensive tix and popcorns.

Posted Image

#125 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Again, I'd much rather see the Canucks organization do nothing than offer up a pathetic apology and a gesture to show how much they "care" about their fans.

Lol... no you wouldn't. Nerd rage is the rule, the rest is details. If they had done nothing you would be beaking about that.

#126 'nucklehead

'nucklehead

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

That's pretty nice considering the Canucks don't owe the fans squat.

#127 VoiceOfReason_

VoiceOfReason_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Internet nerds? Uh nice one. Spend no money on the team? How would you know that? You yourself are a internet nerd who spends "no money on the team"

Yeah. My 5 season tickets that cost 35,000 dollars must be a lot less expensive that your Canucks pencil crayons.

#128 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Yeah. My 5 season tickets that cost 35,000 dollars must be a lot less expensive that your Canucks pencil crayons.

I can vouch you have 5 seats in 119.

Canucks should do something for sths first and foremost

#129 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,241 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Win the cup and all is forgotten. Oh wait, it already is.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

(I think they do alot for season ticket holders already?)

Posted Image

#130 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

Uhhhhh..... *speechless*
Cheaper than WHL hockey

Chris Botta@ChrisBottaNHL
Florida Panthers: season tix start at $7 per game. Get free parking and jersey. Don't have to commit to next season.

That's how it is. The teams that make money, are cash cows for the league, the teams that don't are on corporate welfare.

The Canucks are a Cash cow.

We are all just teats on the cow!

Go Canucks :towel:

#131 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

I take it this is what Gillis meant by "cooking up something special?"

http://metronews.ca/...or-fans-gillis/

What an insult.

#132 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,100 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I personally think they should have done nothing at all rather than give out this garbage. The reason is that if they did nothing at all then they would at least be in a position where they feel they didn't do anything wrong (fair enough). However they decide to give something to a few fans for the mistakes they are now acknowledging they made and the rest of the fans basically suck it up. To me that is ridiculous.
Posted Image

#133 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm just happy to have hockey back.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#134 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

As businessmen, they're smart for not lowering their prices. In Vancouver, a hockey hungry market, people will pay what they ask if not more.

Currently, as a business student, this sucks for people like me.
Posted Image

#135 2nastie

2nastie

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

People should really stop complaining how their lives suck.

If you don't like it, go do something about it.

Quit complaining about this and that. Why something is so damn expensive or we should boycott this. They should do more of that, give me this, give me that ...

HOCKEY IS BACK! WATCH THE GAME! IF YOU CAN GO TO THE GAME, WATCH IT HOME OR THE BAR!

ST*U AND STOP B*******

If you don't like it is up to YOU to do something about. NOT others to do something for you!

Edited by 2nastie, 16 January 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#136 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Well let's just say when I get back the money I spent on tickets for the games against the Leafs and Habs...it ain't going to tickets. Maybe concert tickets. More likely, liquor.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#137 VoiceOfReason_

VoiceOfReason_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

Haha. Season Tickets aren't going to be ready until the 1st week of February.

We have to print them out from our accounts. Oh, well. That's pretty understandable considering how much work goes in to making them.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.