The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whatever's best for the team....

enjaya

Pretty much any interview with Roberto Luongo is bound to be packed with cliches and mindless rhetoric. However, recently all we have been hearing is how he has handled this situation with such class and dignity.

The thing that struck me though, is how he keeps repeating that he wants whatever is best for the team.

He's either going to be traded or he is not.... why would he care whats best for the Canucks?

If he is traded we instantly become his enemy. So if he "just wants to do whats best for the team" that must mean he wants to stay here.

Just wish he would cut to the chase sometimes and stop feeding the BS.

I don't even care who is in net and who has dignity anymore I just want to win.

Talking about this crap is so dam annoying already.

Can't wait to drink pilsner and eat Doritos during HNIC while my wife does the dishes and cusses me out.

I still don't understand how "I want to do what is best for the team" ends up being "I want to stay here"...I guess Canucks fans don't expect someone who they crucified to still support the team. Why shouldn't he care about the team after he leaves? His buddies are all playing here and I'm sure Luongo has a soft spot for the Canucks after playing here for six years.

Luongo is a classy guy and he clearly doesn't want to ruin the Canucks' reputation. He could easily pull a Shane O'Brien (or more recently, Brent Burns) and publicly lash out at the team in a manner that makes players think twice about signing in Vancouver.

And even though he chooses not to do so, fans still hate him because he "wants to do what is best for the team"??? Classic Canucks fans :picard: It is starting to make me feel ashamed to be a Canucks fan. Someone who saved the Canucks' current stars butts when they were developing is now being run out of the city because he played poorly in a few playoff games (even though his teammates did nothing to help him :sadno: ).

Can't wait to drink pilsner and eat Doritos during HNIC while my wife does the dishes and cusses me out.

Archived