Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

if a cashier gave you extra change without relizing it and you knew it, would you keep it or give it back

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: would you pocket extra change given in error by cashier? (81 member(s) have cast votes)

would you keep the extra change?

1. no i would give it back to the cashier. (55 votes [67.90%])

Percentage of vote: 67.90%

2. yes i would pocket the change. (26 votes [32.10%])

Percentage of vote: 32.10%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Depends on the store, the cashier and the amount.

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 14 January 2013 - 07:50 PM.

#92 inane

inane

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,103 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Depends on the store, the cashier and the amount.

Hmmm, sounds like you're a motherless, heathen thief too.There's no room for grey here, move along.

#93 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Large corporations are typically owned by shareholders for example the general public. That's who you're stealing from. You keep on justifying it any way that let's you sleep at night but that's the truth.

Good luck with your attitude of entitlement. I bet it will get you far in life.

not really stealing when they just give it to you. Its like that chance card in monopoly: "bank error in your favour, collect 45 dollars"
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#94 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

not really stealing when they just give it to you. Its like that chance card in monopoly: "bank error in your favour, collect 45 dollars"

They didn't give it to you. Did they specifically say "Here take this, it's free" ?

You know you're supposed to pay for it. You took advantage of them.

Like I said previously ...................

You keep on justifying it any way that let's you sleep at night but that's the truth.

Good luck with your attitude of entitlement. I bet it will get you far in life.

#95 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

They didn't give it to you. Did they specifically say "Here take this, it's free" ?

You know you're supposed to pay for it. You took advantage of them.

they're failure to do their job properly is telling me yes its free. Its not their money, and that they will learn quickly. I know, I've been a cashier before, got to be within $5 till amount as recipts. But if you can't take the time to do your job and do simple math, then hey, I'm quite happy when its in my favour.

as for that time at mcd, they have ommitted or got my order wrong so many times over the years that finally their incompetance worked in my favour.

as wetcoaster said, its legal and not "stealing" as you say, its just up to my morals. And they are pretty happy when it goes my way once in a while
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#96 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

they're failure to do their job properly is telling me yes its free. Its not their money, and that they will learn quickly. I know, I've been a cashier before, got to be within $5 till amount as recipts. But if you can't take the time to do your job and do simple math, then hey, I'm quite happy when its in my favour.

as for that time at mcd, they have ommitted or got my order wrong so many times over the years that finally their incompetance worked in my favour.

as wetcoaster said, its legal and not "stealing" as you say, its just up to my morals. And they are pretty happy when it goes my way once in a while

Here's hoping you run a business someday. Though I have a feeling management isn't quite what you're cut out for.

As for your 2nd point. If that's the case why would you keep going back there? Surely there are other establishments that will give your total daily caloric intake in one serving?

Your morals appear to be MIA.

#97 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,010 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Hmmm, sounds like you're a motherless, heathen thief too.There's no room for grey here, move along.

Ha ha .. good one .. :lol:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.