The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Next batch of players on waivers

elvis15

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Today's waivers: E Oberg (TB). G Desbiens, P Mullen (VAN). S Legein, D Meckler, M-A Cliche, T Hickey (LAK). J Pearce, F Pare (DET).

F Wathier, M Fortunas, L Gazdic, T Morin, T Petersen, T Sloan (DAL). S Backman, N McIver, M Watkins, T Wishart (NYI).

[MY EDIT:] More waivers: M Ford, D Syvret (PHI). B Lerg, S Sullivan, B Thomas (COL). P-L Letourneau-Leblond (ANA). T Eckford, H Jessiman, N Lawson (OTT

And WSH: R Potulny, Z Hamill, M Clackson, D Sabourin, P McNeill, G Stafford, K Marshall.

Whoa. Hickey still hasn't played a single game in the NHL after being drafted 4th overall... can you believe that?

NOT suggesting the Canucks should pick him up, they should definitely not.

A little surprised by Wishart being sent down, thought they would wait until the very last second.. at least he's played some games this year, could've been the equivalent to the Canucks' Barker for the Islanders during training camp.

Last report was he's on the bus with his KHL team to go to their next road game. The bus may or may not be named after his favourite aunt, so that could be personal reasons...

I'm not convinced by Barker from past performance, but am willing to keep an open mind. Granted, Gillis couldn't have known who would get waived, but surprised he didn't keep him on a PTO and then see if someone better would come available. I guess he could consider a player good enough for him to want to claim wouldn't even get to us, and even if they did they could get claimed if we had to send them down later.

Archived