The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Next batch of players on waivers

elvis15

I don't think the contract to Barker precludes putting a claim in on another player. Barker would just as likely clear waivers if he was sent down anyway.

Unfortunately, after winning the Pres trophy again, I don't think the Canucks have much of a chance getting a guy like Hickey. He'll probably get claimed by a handful of teams. I'd be shocked if he passed through.

I may be misinformed, but isn't there some advantage to waiving a player right now, versus say on Friday...I think the club can still keep the guy in camp, but the formal 'what league is he in' gets done now before other teams really get their needs prioritized...thus in the case of say Wishart, he can be recalled any time, but getting him down where he is likely to be playing early might save him from being claimed.

Again, i could be misunderstanding it..but my interpretation is that if you know or have a good idea that a guy will be on the farm, but you want to keep him on your depth chart, now is the time to get him down there...not sure if this applies, would Ty have had to be waived to get him back to the farm at this stage?

Wouldn't mind giving hickey or wishart a chance here. We're pretty stacked at the moment though, not really much room.

I got hammered with wishart in the summer and asked him if he'd ever want to put on the blue and green lol he said ya that would be dream one day because he grew up here.

Wouldn't mind giving hickey or wishart a chance here. We're pretty stacked at the moment though, not really much room.

I got hammered with wishart in the summer and asked him if he'd ever want to put on the blue and green lol he said ya that would be dream one day because he grew up here.

Archived