The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Report) Sabres Luke Adam on the block?

vancanfan

Drafted 44th overall in 2008 by Buffalo

No invite to training camp.

If he can produce with Pominville and Vanek surely he can be a good fit at second line center and at a good price.

Just because it didn't work in Buffalo doesn't mean he can't be somebody's player in the NHL. Last season, Adam was second on the Sabres in goals scored per 60 minutes to only Tyler Ennis. He can produce.

More or less, Adam and the Sabres have gone as far as they can go with each other. He believes he's an NHL player and they would, apparently, rather sign a player such as Jochen Hecht than even give him another sniff.

It's time for the Sabres to do what they should have done at the trade deadline last year and deal Adam to a team that can use him. Some teams play systems in which offensive and defensive players are used in specified roles. It's realistic to think he could fit in with one of those teams.

We're all to aware that reports of weak skating can be exaggerations or not really issues, but I'm not so certain he'd be a specific improvement over who we have in the system now.

Buffalo certainly has options, and they must feel those are better than Adam. Ennis, Hodgson, Grigorenko, Hecht, etc. all vying for top 6/top 9, so I can see why they wouldn't want to keep him around a camp as a 4th or 5th option in the top 6 but not really an option in the bottom 6.

Luke Adam - 13 goals, 11 assists in 71 games in the NHL, drafted 44th overall in 2008.

Cody Hodgson - 20 goals, 21 assists in 91 games in the NHL, drafted 10th overall in 2008

Still a young kid, might be disgruntled from being pulled off that top line in Buffalo, was rookie of the year in the AHL, put up some awesome numbers. I like the fact he is big and uses his size, unlike Raymond.

Archived