The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jim Vandermeer

Strombone1

I don't see hitting as a problem. Edler, Bieksa, Ballard, and Garrison can all throw big hits. Whether it be standing up players or throwing a hip check here or there.

What we need is some nastiness in front of our net, and someone who's willing to keep the other team from running around.

YES! Finally an established veteran fighter!

I love the guys attitude too. Willing to play in the minors if needed.

Make no mistake, he has excellent fighting ability. Considered a middle weight at 6'1 215 but has NO problem taking on the heavies.

Has fought the likes of Lucic, Thornton and even Big Mac and Boogey.

The guy genuinely loves to fight, ear to ear smile every time he drops the mitts.

Im so happy with this signing, i wanted him ever since i found out he was available and wanted to play here. He's definately someone we could use on our defence.

MG is packing some heat this season, he probably got tired of goons (Keith) taking shots at our stars without retaliation from our players.

I don't see hitting as a problem. Edler, Bieksa, Ballard, and Garrison can all throw big hits. Whether it be standing up players or throwing a hip check here or there.

What we need is some nastiness in front of our net, and someone who's willing to keep the other team from running around.

Great signing imo. I wasn't of the opinion that Conn could have stepped up this year anyway. Makes you wonder if Edler is moving and maybe Ballard steps up. I wouldn't like that to be honest. I think to win a SC we need all these guys.

Vandermeer was a genuine "missing piece" for this club. Watch that fight with Milan Lucic and what stands out besides Vandermeer's awesome grin is that Lucic is nowhere NEAR Dubnyk. Can't get close, gets frustrated and throws the gloves down. Looks like Schneid is gonna make a new friend.

Archived