62 replies to this topic

#31 Rollieo Del Fuego

Rollieo Del Fuego

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

What the hell is going on? Kassian, Hamhuis, Kesler and Booth are already out??

Kassain and Hamhuis are back as of Monday but Hammer with the groin is going to have to be careful.

#32 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Higgins over Raymond?

Nah; your probably right. Might be fun to see such speed on the 2knd line. Bet line 3 and line 4 get the defensive shifts though?

-_-

Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian it is then.

#33 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Yes there is logic to lending Burrows to help the 2knd line. Hmm, how about;

Sedin/Sedin/Hansen
Raymond/Schroeder/Burrows Thats fast! Boston's 2knd line is not big and had the Selke winner last year.
Higgins/Lappy/Kassian
Volpatti/Manny/Weiss

Why Hansen? Like Burrows he's a glue guy that does forechecking, backchecking and add's speed. Where I think Kassian could take advantage scoring wise, the Twins really just need a guy to do their dirty work. Its why Burrows works! Hansen would be better at that at this stage?

Well we don't have much of a choice right now. From the looks of things in practice, Raymond will be on the second line.

Maybe to balance things out a bit more they could do:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Raymond Lapierre Burrows
Higgins Schroeder Hansen

#34 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

Looking at it, you have to respect Ossi's perspective; its opportunity for another guy!

Our depth on LW; Danny, Burrows, Booth, Raymond, Higgins and Jensen in Europe. Take one out; we're still fine on the left side. Maybe we'll see Jensen if the injury is going to eat up weeks or months. He should get the call Ossi is suggesting???

Ahem; Its also a calling that we could run out of left wingers to continue to borrow our weak right side. Still a need there which does not have an Ebbet stop gap or Schroeder prospect as we have at centre. I hear a Lou trade fix calling or Arnott who plays centre, but also RW.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 14 January 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#35 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,851 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

Yes there is logic to lending Burrows to help the 2knd line. Hmm, how about;

Sedin/Sedin/Hansen
Raymond/Schroeder/Burrows Thats fast! Boston's 2knd line is not big and had the Selke winner last year.
Higgins/Lappy/Kassian
Volpatti/Manny/Weiss

Why Hansen? Like Burrows he's a glue guy that does forechecking, backchecking and add's speed. Where I think Kassian could take advantage scoring wise, the Twins really just need a guy to do their dirty work. Its why Burrows works! Hansen would be better at that at this stage?

I think Kassian makes more sense with the Sedins then Hansen. Hansens been tried there and he doesn't have the hands to finish. Kassian does, and he can make sure nobody touches the Sedins.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#36 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Raymond-Lappiere-Kassian
Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen

Middle six.

#37 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

What I love about our forward group is our bottom 6. Whenever someone is injured or hurt we have player in the bottom 6 that could jump up and play that kind of role. Depth is really important. Now we have depth on D by acquiring Barker and Vandermeer!

I would have to respectfully disagree about part of the statement that's bolded, Vintage. I didn't see any bottom six (or second liners) jump up and provide a solution when Daniel went down last year. It's arguable Lapierre showed well during his time on the top six and Higgins moves between the second and third line seamlessly, but other than that, where was the depth and production that we were expecting from our group of forwards last season? I didn't see it.

Would definitely agree the defense looks deeper with the addition of Barker and Vandermeer...though I would say that comparatively, the defense was already deeper than the forwards. You could never have enough qualified defencemen in the system.

#38 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

Pics or it didn't happen
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#39 dangler696969

dangler696969

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Booth is not a true Canuck. I surely hope we trade him soon. He always bobbles the puck when he skates and I feel he gets very lucky when he actually is able to control it. Now that he has a bad knee he is not what we need. We have to trade him now while he still has value. We should package booth with luongo. Trade booth a 2nd rounder, and Luongo for Kessel and Reimer. Move Kessel onto wing with raymond. Our lines will look like this once kesler is back:
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Kessel
Higgins Lappy Kassian
Weise Schroeder someone???

Boom. We are just about ready to go. Pull the trigger Gillis

#40 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,927 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

If he happens to go on IR watch for the Canucks to sign Arnott to fill 2nd line. That 2nd line combo of Schroeder kass and ebbett or Raymond is WEAK! Might as well make the 3rd line the new 2nd line

Edited by Lui's Knob, 14 January 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#41 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

POPULAR

Booth is not a true Canuck. I surely hope we trade him soon. He always bobbles the puck when he skates and I feel he gets very lucky when he actually is able to control it. Now that he has a bad knee he is not what we need. We have to trade him now while he still has value. We should package booth with luongo. Trade booth a 2nd rounder, and Luongo for Kessel and Reimer. Move Kessel onto wing with raymond. Our lines will look like this once kesler is back:
Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Kessel
Higgins Lappy Kassian

Mmmmmmmmm drugs.

#42 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

But Hansen also wins them the puck, which maximizes time in the offensive end. Kassian is not the energy player that Hansen or Burrows is. I readily admit Kassian might score more than Hansen; but likely the Sedins will score less as they might not even have the puck.

I think Kassian makes more sense with the Sedins then Hansen. Hansens been tried there and he doesn't have the hands to finish. Kassian does, and he can make sure nobody touches the Sedins.

#43 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

crap hopefully nothing too serious
Posted Image

#44 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I know MG wants Jensen to stay in the SEL but with all these players being hurt i kind of expect to see a Jensen apperance to camp in a couple days

Edited by BertuzziFan2010, 14 January 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#45 MikeyD

MikeyD

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

Muscle tear would be great. Heals well with no problems down the road. Adductor tendon insertion (most bad groin strains) is another story. Has the potential to slow a player for good.

Yep, better to have a muscle tear than anything to do with the cartilage.

Posted Image

#46 Wh!stler R!der

Wh!stler R!der

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:17 PM

Did he pull it by putting up his mountain goat trophy on his wall? Seriously!

Edited by Wh!stler R!der, 14 January 2013 - 09:19 PM.

This city deserves a championship. This is the best era in Canucks history, keep bleeding blue n green always!
Win it for Ripper, Luc and Demo.

#47 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 PM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Raymond Kesler Kessel
Higgins Lappy Kassian

Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

You know there is a black bear chuckling away atop a landfill somewhere.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#49 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,437 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

But Hansen also wins them the puck, which maximizes time in the offensive end. Kassian is not the energy player that Hansen or Burrows is. I readily admit Kassian might score more than Hansen; but likely the Sedins will score less as they might not even have the puck.

Not to mention that Hansen, like Burrows, is a speedy defensive player that can back check so that the Sedins can be more aggressive offensively. Kassian isn't there yet, and might be better suited playing with a great 2-way player in Kesler to master his defense.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#50 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Karma for being a dikhead and going around shooting animals for the fun of it.

#51 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

The Sedin line may have to score all the goals this year...kidding.

#52 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,338 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

Wow these injuries are going to pile up all over the league soon. MG did a fantastic job of getting 2 depth defencemen, now he needs to focus on top-6 forwards capable of playing 16-18 minutes a game. Ideally a center and middle-6 forward would be a perfect fit, and we have Luongo and Ballard to move to free up cap space.

Here's how I'd like to see us start the season if Booth isn't ready to go:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (or Hansen/Raymond would suffice, everyone has success with the twins)
Higgins - Lapierre - Burrows (ex-Habs and Quebec boys have shown chemistry before)
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen (very fast line)
Weise - Malhotra - Pinizotto (big hitters and Pinizotto would have out performed every other 4th liner last year if healthy)
Posted Image

#53 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

Thanx for that backup!

I suppose in a perfect world we could find a bigger winger, who still had the speed and wear with all to do all the dirty work. The difference between Brown in LA and Burrows here is simple; 20 pounds.

When we had CoHo here, and Manny was not injured yet, I always wondered why we did not load the top line with Kesler three or 7 times a game? He could have still played a 2knd line Selke role, but come up to the top line in key situations.

Not to mention that Hansen, like Burrows, is a speedy defensive player that can back check so that the Sedins can be more aggressive offensively. Kassian isn't there yet, and might be better suited playing with a great 2-way player in Kesler to master his defense.

#54 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

That is a weak 2nd line imo, Raymond is soft, Schroeder is unproven. Kassian is about the only player in that mix I think will be reliable.

Based on WHAT???!................get a grip, if you want to frame it in these terms Raymond IS BY FAR the only PLAYER in that mix.

Edited by Bodee, 15 January 2013 - 04:36 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#55 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,442 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

Not gonna lie, could care less that Booth isn't starting the season in the Canucks lineup.

I'd like to see a line of young guns who play sheltered mins. Higgy-Lappy-Hansen will eat all the tough mins, Sedins line and Mannys line could share the workload. Give Raymond- Schroeder- Kassian all the o-zone starts and 4th line opponents they can handle. Canucks have 2 great goalies and a solid defensive back end - they'll be fine.

#56 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Quite honestly, I think many on here are being unfair to Kassian.

You are building him up as if he was Ryane Clowe. He's not, he's still a young guy with much of his "puppy fat" and still it seems to me lacking in stamina, who is yet to find a way to fit in to this team ...................................... yet you propose putting him on the top line with a mission to "hander" (Scots term meaning step in for in a fight) the Twins against some of the toughest D's out there.

Give the youngster a break and stop inserting him into some playstation hero role. Thankfully AV and MG have more sense.
Kevin.jpg

#57 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I still don't have Raymond on the 2nd line.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Schroeder - Kassian
Raymond - Lapierre - Hansen
Volpatti - Malholtra - Weise
Ebbett (Blake?)

Hamhuis (?) - Bieksa
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Tanev
Vandermeer/Barker

Schneider
Luongo

I say keep Luongo, with the condensed schedule we'll need him. Hamhuis sat out practice, as well as Kassian (back), some real questions in our line up all of the sudden.

If Raymond isn't on the second line he really shouldn't be on the roster.
Posted Image

#58 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

If Raymond isn't on the second line he really shouldn't be on the roster.

I would go further. If he is not on the 2nd line we are f------d.
Kevin.jpg

#59 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,525 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Hopefully nothing too serious.
We need Booth's power game in the top 6.

Edited by playboi19, 15 January 2013 - 10:59 AM.

#60 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Wrong, if I learned 1 thing with AV in the past years,

our second line will be : Higgins-Lapierre(or Manny)-Hansen

our third line will be : Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.