The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Boycott? Maybe not completely but...

odjick22

Kinda sad that people can only be not bored if they watch Canucks' games. That is a pretty sad life you lead.

Some people do lead sad lives and Canucks' games give a bit of relief from that.

To fill you in, I got out of an abusive marriage and had two young kids to care for, so was feeling overwhelmed. Then things got really bad and I was caring for my Mom (brain cancer) at the same time as my Dad (colon cancer). After running between jobs, rushing home to cook dinner, then to the hospice or hospital for chemo treatments, there was little left in the tank for me. Canucks (and Lions) were my world beyond my kids....so perhaps not bored, but deeply miss when there are no Canucks to follow. They were an important part of my happiness on some pretty "sad" days.

For some of us, it's like the air we breathe....it's a big part of our lives. So don't undermine that, despite your own intentions.

:)

Some people do lead sad lives and Canucks' games give a bit of relief from that.

To fill you in, I got out of an abusive marriage and had two young kids to care for, so was feeling overwhelmed. Then things got really bad and I was caring for my Mom (brain cancer) at the same time as my Dad (colon cancer). After running between jobs, rushing home to cook dinner, then to the hospice or hospital for chemo treatments, there was little left in the tank for me. Canucks (and Lions) were my world beyond my kids....so perhaps not bored, but deeply miss when there are no Canucks to follow. They were an important part of my happiness on some pretty "sad" days.

For some of us, it's like the air we breathe....it's a big part of our lives. So don't undermine that, despite your own intentions.

HAHAHA.

To intentionally avoid watching games would result in boring evenings.

I spend many a Friday and Saturday night having some beers and pizza with friends watching hockey. If I were to 'boycott' the NHL, I would miss out on any of the social aspects of it.

Why do fans boycott because of a lockout? We all knew the end of the previous CBA was coming up and that a new one would have to be agreed upon. Anyone with a brain saw this lockout coming a mile away.

It had to be done for the games sake. Without the lockout the players would be getting fleeced and that is just not fair and i understand completely.

Archived