39 replies to this topic

#1 ronningsback

ronningsback

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

The contrast between Schneider and Luongo never was so evident as it was watching today's practice...Schneider makes it look easy!!

#2 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Oh yeah?

Tell me more how Schneider has carried our team on his back through an entire season and without him we wouldve been in contest for a lottery pick.

K

Posted Image

#3 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,011 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

POPULAR

We talkin bout practice!

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#4 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

It's practice lol typical Schneider fans
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

Im a bit confused...

Looking good in PRACTICE doesnt mean anything?

Does looking BAD in practice mean anything?

If practice means nothing why do we have it (ive wondered the same about the regular season)?

Im not a "team Luongo" or "team Schneider" guy, but shouldnt we be glad that hes looking better than lu in PRACTICE since it looks like he is the one were going to keep? Would you guys rather he looked BAD and Luo looked GOOD?

maybe it would be better if they both looked BAD in practice... its just practice after all. Why take it seriously?

<.< *wanders off*
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#7 Dancin'Droid

Dancin'Droid

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

Ok then... not sure what relevance this has but good for him

DancingAndroidYellow-1.gif

2013 Kent Jr. Football Champion

2014 Bronze Boot

2014 Kent Sr. Football Champion

2014 SWOSSA Football Finalist 

#8 Watermelons

Watermelons

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

Wasn't there an article about most Canucks players agreeing that Hansen was the best player every practice? Please tell me how Hansen carries the team throughout the regular season and the playoffs...wait, he doesn't.

Playing well in practice does not mean great performance during real games. This Luongo hate/Schneider love is getting ridiculous. I imagine that many people will be disappointed when Schneider doesn't reach their ridiculous expectations.

tumblr_lv6jbk180f1r5jtugo1_250.gif  Kirby_eats_a_watermelon.gif 

#9 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,687 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

#10 pistolpro327

pistolpro327

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

practice and game are entirely different and if you don't understand that then GTFO.

We have two great goalies and I would be happy with either of them moving forward.

We need to put a stronger team together in order to stop the bullying and mind games in the playoffs. I guarantee Luongo isn't the reason we have not yet won a cup. If the team iced in front of scheinder busts and gets pushed around like they did in front of Lou then I doubt Schneider is going to bring us a cup either.

I love both these goalies and will be sad to see either of them go.

Gillis needs to start improving this team their is not much time this season to screw around.

#11 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:13 PM

The contrast between Schneider and Luongo never was so evident as it was watching today's practice...Schneider makes it look easy!!

What are we talking bout here? PRACTICE??

We ain't talking about the game, the game that actually matters but we talking bout PRACTICE??

Posted Image

#12 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Glad to hear he looked good in practice. Hopefully that translates into the start of the season.

Thought this thread needed some positivity as opposed to Canucks fans ripping each other. :rolleyes:
Posted Image

#13 Drew1

Drew1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

Hey -ronningsback- THANK YOU :) , That is Awesome News, Cory has worked so hard , he never ever said a bad word about Lu and he never caused any rifs he accepted his role and now Amazing things are happening , Just look at any other sport that has two starters , the backup that is ready to play will say stuff like im ready whenever just to let the coach know he wants to play where as Cory always said Lu taugh him so much that Lu is the starter ,
Cory stayed quiet and worked so damn hard

#14 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,746 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

How can I make my team better by practicing? - Iverson = chump

No wonder he is what he is/was.

"What players need is the right kind of strength and power. That includes learning to understand that leverage and positioning can be just as important as raw strength when it comes to winning battles in the game. It's more about timing and athleticism --and avoiding injury--than it is about how much you can bench press. I don't know how many times I've seen a guy with the physique of a defensive end line up a guy half his size, only to bounce off when he connects. Sure, there is room in the game for big guys who can throw their weight around. But for the most part, players are smart enough to see them coming--and strong enough to protect the puck when they arrive. There are trainers out there who know how to devlop hockey-specific strength--though a trainer can help only if a player follows the program. All too often, I've seen players sign up with the best trainer, but not show up for their workouts and never to reap the benefits."

Bobby Orr - ORR MY STORY Viking 2013

#15 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

Practise and game is totally different. But the majority of you posters are so whiny it's ridiculous. If he didn't look good In p ractise you guys probably make a new thread and have 100 plus posts saying Schneider sucks lol

Edited by Gonz, 14 January 2013 - 05:40 PM.

#16 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Oh yeah?

Tell me more how Schneider has carried our team on his back through an entire season and without him we wouldve been in contest for a lottery pick.

K

Give it a rest.......

Back to the op, it's the same in games. He reads the play so well, he's almost always square to the shooter controls the rebounds and rarely has to make the big save. Making it look easy!!! I think that the thing a lot of Lou supporters don't understand, it's not that the D plays better for Cory it's that his rebound control and positioning is better and it makes the D look like they are not giving up a great chance.

#17 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

op shutup
Posted Image

#18 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I have not had a chance to watch any practice.

You point out that Cory makes things look easy, does not mean Roberto is making things look hard?
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#19 Shoot the Puck!!!!

Shoot the Puck!!!!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Back when my son played goal (in minor hockey, it was the same thing. Most coaches didn't notice him because they all looked for the guy that looked flashier(?). He wasn't out of position much, therefore didn't have to make the "BIG" save. That's a good thing to have in a goalie. Don't over play the puck and good things happen. Although the "BIG" save is nice to see, most don't need to happen.

#20 VMR

VMR

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

Give it a rest.......

Back to the op, it's the same in games. He reads the play so well, he's almost always square to the shooter controls the rebounds and rarely has to make the big save. Making it look easy!!! I think that the thing a lot of Lou supporters don't understand, it's not that the D plays better for Cory it's that his rebound control and positioning is better and it makes the D look like they are not giving up a great chance.

Just thought I would ask for clarification. Are you saying Cory is so good that he makes the D look like they are not doing as much as they do?
They are my team!
Go Canucks Go!

Posted Image
Thank you VC!!!!!

#21 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

Just thought I would ask for clarification. Are you saying Cory is so good that he makes the D look like they are not doing as much as they do?

It's about his positioning and rebound control, if the goalie misreads the play and is out of position it makes the D look like the gave up a great chance, same with big rebounds. If the goalie in good at reading the play and controlling rebounds it makes the D look like they didn't give up a chance, that ='s them looking better. Need me to clarify it more or do you understand what I'm saying now?

#22 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:32 PM

Cory is a good goalie.He does the right things and when he plays he makes saves. Cory is a goalie. He is a goalie for the canucks and practices He is funny when he jokes on tv and is full of hockey funniness I'm sorry to anyone who spent the time to read this, bet you wish you had it back. Derp..

And that's why He will WIN A STANLEY CUP!
linden Vey Sig

#23 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Im a bit confused...

Looking good in PRACTICE doesnt mean anything?

Does looking BAD in practice mean anything?

If practice means nothing why do we have it (ive wondered the same about the regular season)?

Im not a "team Luongo" or "team Schneider" guy, but shouldnt we be glad that hes looking better than lu in PRACTICE since it looks like he is the one were going to keep? Would you guys rather he looked BAD and Luo looked GOOD?

maybe it would be better if they both looked BAD in practice... its just practice after all. Why take it seriously?

<.< *wanders off*

With 5 days to get ready for the season, practices take on much greater significance. The goalies are trying to get into game mode quickly. Its a mind set, and very important !

#24 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Not only does Cory make the "D" look better, he makes it much easier to play in front of by covering up loose pucks, directing shots to the corners etc.

#25 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Op is a luongo hater.........he is no fan

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#26 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Op is a luongo hater.........he is no fan

You can hate Lou because your a fan. To be honest the fans in bean town and Chicago love Lou, well love that we had him anyways.

Edited by Nino, 14 January 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#27 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

We talkin bout practice!

C'Mon Man! Too bad practice would have made AI a bit better and possibly a bit smarter with his money.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#28 Mr. White

Mr. White

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Wow, what an insightful post.
Posted Image
^VanCauck93^

#29 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Wow, what an insightful post.

And what an insightful comment.

#30 tigbond

tigbond

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Poor Schneider...I feel bad terrible for him that in two or three years' time when he tanks one playoff series the media and fans will s**t on his head just like they did with one of the best goalies of all-time.

Edit: Including some of you reading this post.

Edited by killthejoe, 14 January 2013 - 08:48 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.