The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider makes it look easy

ronningsback

Im a bit confused...

Looking good in PRACTICE doesnt mean anything?

Does looking BAD in practice mean anything?

If practice means nothing why do we have it (ive wondered the same about the regular season)?

Im not a "team Luongo" or "team Schneider" guy, but shouldnt we be glad that hes looking better than lu in PRACTICE since it looks like he is the one were going to keep? Would you guys rather he looked BAD and Luo looked GOOD?

maybe it would be better if they both looked BAD in practice... its just practice after all. Why take it seriously?

<.< *wanders off*

Wasn't there an article about most Canucks players agreeing that Hansen was the best player every practice? Please tell me how Hansen carries the team throughout the regular season and the playoffs...wait, he doesn't.

Playing well in practice does not mean great performance during real games. This Luongo hate/Schneider love is getting ridiculous. I imagine that many people will be disappointed when Schneider doesn't reach their ridiculous expectations.

practice and game are entirely different and if you don't understand that then GTFO.

We have two great goalies and I would be happy with either of them moving forward.

We need to put a stronger team together in order to stop the bullying and mind games in the playoffs. I guarantee Luongo isn't the reason we have not yet won a cup. If the team iced in front of scheinder busts and gets pushed around like they did in front of Lou then I doubt Schneider is going to bring us a cup either.

I love both these goalies and will be sad to see either of them go.

Gillis needs to start improving this team their is not much time this season to screw around.

Hey -ronningsback- THANK YOU :) , That is Awesome News, Cory has worked so hard , he never ever said a bad word about Lu and he never caused any rifs he accepted his role and now Amazing things are happening , Just look at any other sport that has two starters , the backup that is ready to play will say stuff like im ready whenever just to let the coach know he wants to play where as Cory always said Lu taugh him so much that Lu is the starter ,

Cory stayed quiet and worked so damn hard

Practise and game is totally different. But the majority of you posters are so whiny it's ridiculous. If he didn't look good In p ractise you guys probably make a new thread and have 100 plus posts saying Schneider sucks lol

Back when my son played goal (in minor hockey, it was the same thing. Most coaches didn't notice him because they all looked for the guy that looked flashier(?). He wasn't out of position much, therefore didn't have to make the "BIG" save. That's a good thing to have in a goalie. Don't over play the puck and good things happen. Although the "BIG" save is nice to see, most don't need to happen.

Give it a rest.......

Back to the op, it's the same in games. He reads the play so well, he's almost always square to the shooter controls the rebounds and rarely has to make the big save. Making it look easy!!! I think that the thing a lot of Lou supporters don't understand, it's not that the D plays better for Cory it's that his rebound control and positioning is better and it makes the D look like they are not giving up a great chance.

Archived