The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton Fans strike again

logic

Ldn2y.png

So basically, a team without a goaltender or any defense is going to be "best prepared". Better hope they can score 7 goals a game.

I did vote for the Canucks. Not just because they're my team but because I feel they have actually prepared.

1. They made good depth signings(Our D has 9 capable players)

2. With the Luongo trade we will address our second line issues.

3. We have much needed rest we haven't gotten the last 2 years.

Why is this bad? They have a lot of young stars who've been playing in the AHL or elsewhere. Probably get a good start with a number of guys already in pretty good game shape. More importantly, why does it matter what a TSN poll says?

Yes, Edmonton WILL be best prepared for the 48 game season. Why? Simple.

They are a very young team and so they won't tire out easily and can get off to a fast start easily. While the oldies will have to struggle to find their feet, and by then it would be halfway through the shortened season, a.k.a. Canucks slump at the beginning of a season.

I feel Edmonton may actually surprise some teams and make the playoffs. Same goes for the Flames. Tough division we have now especially with what Minny has done to their team.

Edmonton actually could be, all their important players have been playing, although like you say goaltending and defense don't seem to be any less of an issue than they were at the end of last year.

I dont think we are though, too many injuries. I think Ottawa might be, they have had some key players playing, thr goaltending is solid, they might need to add more to the defense but I think they will make a move to address that need.

Not neccessarily considering how many top prospects they are playing against, and just because it's a different level doesn't mean it prepares them any less, I mean the Oilers have been playing this whole time so they'll be prepared to jump right into the NHL

Don't give the Oilers too much credit. They finished 29th last year. The AHL and euro leagues are not even close to NHL standards.

They might squeak in at 8th but the Canucks will dominate the NW and possibly contend for the President's trophy especially if Kesler and Booth can return ASAP.

Archived