#1 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Posted Image
So basically, a team without a goaltender or any defense is going to be "best prepared". Better hope they can score 7 goals a game.

I did vote for the Canucks. Not just because they're my team but because I feel they have actually prepared.
1. They made good depth signings(Our D has 9 capable players)
2. With the Luongo trade we will address our second line issues.
3. We have much needed rest we haven't gotten the last 2 years.
Posted Image

#2 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,550 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

Why is this bad? They have a lot of young stars who've been playing in the AHL or elsewhere. Probably get a good start with a number of guys already in pretty good game shape. More importantly, why does it matter what a TSN poll says?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#3 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,083 posts

POPULAR

Technically, they are the most prepared team.

Their whole team has been playing since September in the AHL
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#4 VoiceOfReason_

VoiceOfReason_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Considering most of the importnant players have been in game shape all year I would say that poll is pretty accurate.

#5 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yes, Edmonton WILL be best prepared for the 48 game season. Why? Simple.

They are a very young team and so they won't tire out easily and can get off to a fast start easily. While the oldies will have to struggle to find their feet, and by then it would be halfway through the shortened season, a.k.a. Canucks slump at the beginning of a season.

I feel Edmonton may actually surprise some teams and make the playoffs. Same goes for the Flames. Tough division we have now especially with what Minny has done to their team.

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#6 VoiceOfReason_

VoiceOfReason_

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Thread backfire,

#7 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

I agree with 250Integra, they are the best prepared team considering a few of their better players have been playing in Oklahoma.

#8 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Technically, they are the most prepared team.

Their whole team has been playing since September in the AHL

Sure they've been playing, but what does it matter. It's the AHL not the NHL. The caliber of players is a big difference.
Posted Image

#9 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Edmonton actually could be, all their important players have been playing, although like you say goaltending and defense don't seem to be any less of an issue than they were at the end of last year.

I dont think we are though, too many injuries. I think Ottawa might be, they have had some key players playing, thr goaltending is solid, they might need to add more to the defense but I think they will make a move to address that need.

zackass.png

#10 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Sure they've been playing, but what does it matter. It's the AHL not the NHL. The caliber of players is a big difference.

Not neccessarily considering how many top prospects they are playing against, and just because it's a different level doesn't mean it prepares them any less, I mean the Oilers have been playing this whole time so they'll be prepared to jump right into the NHL

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#11 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,655 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I can't fault them for that. Every fan thinks their team is the one to beat....they have a good young team and I wish them luck noidon't.

Posted Image

#12 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Not neccessarily considering how many top prospects they are playing against, and just because it's a different level doesn't mean it prepares them any less, I mean the Oilers have been playing this whole time so they'll be prepared to jump right into the NHL

The difference between a goalie like Hackett, and Rinne is quite a lot. Although, I do understand what you're saying
Posted Image

#13 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,550 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Game Shape. They're ready for actual game play, which you can't replicate with scrimmages and practice.

Teams with more veterans (and minimal team changes) might be considered ready because they are familiar with the systems and experienced in more situations, but there's something to be said for having highly touted players who have an average age in their early 20's if you want to play well out of the gate.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#14 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,492 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

You're not very observant. Everyone is saying this.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#15 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

I voted Edmonton myself.. Mostly because their young guys have been playing in the AHL while our guys have only been practicing.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#16 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Thread backfire,

This made me lol, and yes they are the most prepared.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#17 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,083 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

So you think that a team with most of their stars playing, while a team with all their stars only practicing, are less prepared?

The caliber of play is different because nothing can replicate the best league in the world, but at least they're in game-shape hence being more prepared for this season.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#18 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

AHL. They are in mid-season form already.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#19 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

Don't give the Oilers too much credit. They finished 29th last year. The AHL and euro leagues are not even close to NHL standards.

They might squeak in at 8th but the Canucks will dominate the NW and possibly contend for the President's trophy especially if Kesler and Booth can return ASAP.

Edited by Mr. Reputable, 14 January 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#20 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,683 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

I agree with 250Integra, they are the best prepared team considering a few of their better players have been playing in Oklahoma.

A few? Think their entire first line and Schultz. That said, this poll is "best prepared," and this young team isn't prepared for a grinding 48-game season IMO.

Make no mistake - the NHL is multiple steps up from the A or the E.

Edited by Common sense, 14 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#21 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,107 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

A few? Think their entire first line and Schultz. That said, this poll is "best prepared," and this young team isn't prepared for a grinding 48-game season IMO.

Make no mistake - the NHL is multiple steps up from the A or the E.

I don't think that a 48 game season is a grind at all. If they make the playoffs though, you can bet your bottom dollar that they will burnout when it comes to the playoffs.

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#22 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,059 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

If the poll was best prepared for the first week of the season, the Oil might make sense.

And their young bodies may recover rapidly between games during a compressed schedule.

When it comes to stamina and withstanding the NHL grind however...

You've got to wonder about the demographic voting.

Veteran teams that have played together for years don't need to develop chemistry.

If the season were 20 games long, all bets are off, but 48 games would seem like enough to really reveal the cracks in teams with as many areas that still need improvement as the Oilers have...

#23 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,258 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Posted Image
So basically, a team without a goaltender or any defense is going to be "best prepared". Better hope they can score 7 goals a game.

I did vote for the Canucks. Not just because they're my team but because I feel they have actually prepared.
1. They made good depth signings(Our D has 9 capable players)
2. With the Luongo trade we will address our second line issues.
3. We have much needed rest we haven't gotten the last 2 years.

Typical Canuck fan:

Our team isn't on the top of the list so we must complain about it.

As stated, most of their players are already in mid season shape because they've already been playing for well over 3 months

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 14 January 2013 - 08:29 PM.

2yyb7lj.jpg

#24 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,418 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

i voted for the oilers.

canucks have NO second line. kesler is out, booth is injured, and the only guys "on the roster" we had playing were kassian, schneider, raymond (not sure if he ever played a game), tanev... (i may be missing some so I am admitting im probably missing a few guys that are on the roster. however i did not include schroeder et al). also edler, garrison, kassian are all coming back from injury?

look at the oilers on the other hand, they had all their young superstars playing in the A and they were destroying it.

its a shotgun start for a 48 game season, and right now the oilers are the best prepared
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#25 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Can someone post a who the hell cares or a who the frack cares picture somewhere? As someone pointed out, a lot of the Oilers "core players" Have been playing since October. They are in mid season form. Who cares. Vancouver is a 2nd place at 21 %. The rest is below 9 %.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#26 7thMan

7thMan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

I voted for Edmonton, too.

a) They're full of young talent that will only get better and veterans who can't play much worse.
B) They added Justin Schultz (and now Mark Fistric) to help fill one of the gaping holes in their blueline.
c) Their core young guys have been playing and practising together while a lot of other teams sat around, not playing a single competitive game.

EDIT: Side note, why is b ) an emotion?

Edited by 7thMan, 14 January 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#27 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I dont disagree with that at all.

#28 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

EDM was voted up because CDC is full of pessimists who voted EDM as well. False fans.

#29 JoshuaGuy

JoshuaGuy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

i voted for the oilers.

canucks have NO second line. kesler is out, booth is injured, and the only guys "on the roster" we had playing were kassian, schneider, raymond (not sure if he ever played a game), tanev... (i may be missing some so I am admitting im probably missing a few guys that are on the roster. however i did not include schroeder et al). also edler, garrison, kassian are all coming back from injury?

look at the oilers on the other hand, they had all their young superstars playing in the A and they were destroying it.

its a shotgun start for a 48 game season, and right now the oilers are the best prepared

Their mid season form is good enough for 9th place in their AHL conference. How the hell does that translate to NHL success??
Posted Image

#30 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,079 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Most prepared =/= most likely to succeed. The Edmonton Oilers are the most prepared Canadian team. Will that matter in April? Not really.

aXmDa9t.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.