The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Edmonton Fans strike again

logic

Yes, the Edmonton youngsters have been playing together, scoring lots of points... ...and yet, as an AHL team, they were barely above .500.

If those guys can't even elevate their team to dominate the AHL, I don't see how the same group will turn their NHL team into an instant contender.

First off, it wasn't just one line of Oiler players on that team. At least two of the guys from their secondary scorers - Paajarvi and Hartikainen - will likely be in the Oiler line-up.

Secondly, what makes you think that the Oiler's secondary players, in relation to the NHL, are any better than the Barons had in relation to the AHL? Barons were a decent AHL team last year, while the Oilers were barely better than the Blue Jackets. Only Hall and Eberle cracked 20 goals last year. No Oiler defenseman scored more than 5. If you take out that one game where he went crazy, Gagner only had 38 points. Is Horcoff suddenly going to be a legitimate threat?

And lastly, I sure HOPE that RNH, Eberle, Hall, and Schultz dominated the AHL, because they are 4/5 of an NHL team's starting line-up. I seriously doubt they'll be able to dominate to the same degree against NHL defense and goaltenders. They'll be good, but not the toast of the league.

Fuklly healthy, neither MPS or Harty are regulars. Harty is close.

Secondly, that is absolutely absurd that you think the NHL secondary players are barely better than their AHl players......I don't know what to say to that.

I'll take Gagner, Hemsky, Smyth, Horcoff, Belanger, etc over the Barons secondary players. That's just me.

I agree with this. they have a super young team with a majority of them having been playing in leauges across North America and in the world juniors. I dont think they are the BEST team on that list, but when it comes down to who should have the best "hockey legs" when the season starts... You have to give them credit

I don't think you quite understand what "best prepaired" means. You seem to be getting it confused with the team that has the most skill. They can be as prepaired as they want, but with out the skill to match it's a bit of a lost cause.

Looks great to me; as much offense as they had in Oklahoma they're still only good for tenth in the west.

In the AHL! :towel:

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay.php?type=standings&subType=1&leagueId=4&lastActive=&singleSeason=&confId=0

Technically, they are the most prepared team.

Their whole team has been playing since September in the AHL

Archived