The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lance Armstrong the Fraud

Harbinger

I'm disgusted by Lance Armstrong and more generally the way our global society has seized upon the story but this made me think of redemption. He's a fraud and cheat but if you believe in redemption what would it take for you to see him in a positive light again? Or at the very least what does he have to start to do to right the wrongs he has caused? When I thought about this I realized almost nothing he could realistically do would change my mind after what I've come to realize was a career built upon lies and cheating but find that to be a troubling reflection of myself and my views on justice.

I'm disgusted by Lance Armstrong and more generally the way our global society has seized upon the story but this made me think of redemption. He's a fraud and cheat but if you believe in redemption what would it take for you to see him in a positive light again? Or at the very least what does he have to start to do to right the wrongs he has caused? When I thought about this I realized almost nothing he could realistically do would change my mind after what I've come to realize was a career built upon lies and cheating but find that to be a troubling reflection of myself and my views on justice.

Archived