201 replies to this topic

#121 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

every sponsor should bolt away from this turd as fast as they can if they already have'nt. liestrong is dead. Lance should be going to jail for fraud.

Armstrong already stepped down from Livestrong in 2012, and they officially removed his name from their organization's title as well

Does he still do anything for the organization?
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#122 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,715 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Armstrong already stepped down from Livestrong in 2012, and they officially removed his name from their organization's title as well

Does he still do anything for the organization?

According to what I read today, he is recognized as the "founder" and that is it! .. he has no more official connection .. I hope that Livestrong does not have to defend itself legally, as surely Armstrong will have to ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#123 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

IMO his good deeds outweigh his bad deeds.
It's subjective so you can disagree all you want, but I'm not going to paint a man who has done as much in a bad light.

Slippery slope...

The next thing you know some big city mayor could claim that he was using his office and position improperly to solicit donations for a good cause, say like a charitable football foundation to buy football equipment for struggling high school teams. OH WAIT...
http://www.thestar.c...lf-from-himself
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#124 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I think people are giving too much credit to Lance for the 'good things' he has done. The real good came from those that donated their money and time for the foundation. The biggest thing Lance did was donate his name. And as it turns out that name was built on cheating and dishonesty.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#125 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:05 PM

I think people are giving too much credit to Lance for the 'good things' he has done. The real good came from those that donated their money and time for the foundation. The biggest thing Lance did was donate his name. And as it turns out that name was built on cheating and dishonesty.

uhh...

the biggest thing lance did was "win" the tour de france 7 times, then use much of his limelight for cancer research awareness, which is what made those people do their good deeds. there were 80+ million (MILLION!) livestrong bands sold. that was all armstrong.

don't try to reclaim the whole thing, power to the people, etc.

armstrong was absolutely huge for cancer research, and while the people did give their money, they gave it because of him, no question
Posted Image

#126 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:09 PM

Looks like someone has trouble with comprehension

#127 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

k
Posted Image

#128 Yung Pony

Yung Pony

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Skimmed through the first few pages. I see a lot of people saying his good outweighs the bad, but consider this:

By doping and being a ringleader in the cycling doping system, think about how many carriers of honest cyclists he has destroyed. Because they didn't want to dope, they could not compete and therefore never achieved the fame and wealth that they would have had Lance not been such a cheater.
Posted Image

#129 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Anyone else hear that mosquito buzzing around?

#130 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,578 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

Skimmed through the first few pages. I see a lot of people saying his good outweighs the bad, but consider this:

By doping and being a ringleader in the cycling doping system, think about how many carriers of honest cyclists he has destroyed. Because they didn't want to dope, they could not compete and therefore never achieved the fame and wealth that they would have had Lance not been such a cheater.

do they exist?
Posted Image

#131 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,806 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

do they exist?

In the hearts of idealists. :lol:

#132 Buggernut

Buggernut

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

In the hearts of idealists. :lol:

They're ALL guilty then. It doesn't vindicate anyone.

#133 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

A cheater amongst cheaters.

Meh.

#134 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

There are reports that Lance Armstrong lied during the Oprah interview. He say the last time he used doping in racing was in 2005.

Investigators believed he used doping in the 2009 race. He may have lied to prevent being prosecuted since the 7 year statute of limitation goes back to 2005.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=18245484

So another lie on top of a pile of lies? Can you really believe anything he says?

#135 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,715 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

There are reports that Lance Armstrong lied during the Oprah interview. He say the last time he used doping in racing was in 2005.

Investigators believed he used doping in the 2009 race. He may have lied to prevent being prosecuted since the 7 year statute of limitation goes back to 2005.

So another lie on top of a pile of lies? Can you really believe anything he says?

Not likely ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#136 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,800 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Both of you (z & BB) need to knock off the back and forth. Ignore buttons to be set now....

Posted Image

#137 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

Not without confirmation that it was indeed raining cats and dogs if he said it was raining out. I don't know how he can possibly think he has any credibility with anyone after the depth of his deceit, fraud and bullying of those who dared to call him on his crap.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#138 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

How come Lance was never busted for cheating in the first place? Does the Tour de France have poor drug testing methods? When you see how successful some American athletes are then you realize they're cheating: Armstrong, some of the MLB's biggest stars, undoubtedly some NFL players. It makes you wonder who else is cheating and how bad the issue really is getting. Of course you don't like to play the accusation cards without evidence, but when you see someone like Michael Phelps dominate in the Olympics year after year, it makes you wonder if he too is cheating.
Posted Image

#139 dudeone

dudeone

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Library prank sends Armstrong books to fiction section

Reuters – 23 hrs ago
http://news.yahoo.co...06719--spt.html

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A prank note in an Australian library declaring that disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong's books would be moved to the fiction section has gone viral on the Internet, with one commentator declaring: "Hell hath no fury like a librarian".
"All Non-Fiction Lance Armstrong Books, including 'Lance Armstrong - Images of a Champion', 'The Lance Armstrong Performance Program and 'Lance Armstrong: World's Greatest Champion,' will soon be moved to the fiction section," read the sign posted at Sydney's Manly Library on Saturday.

A photograph of the sign posted on the Internet quickly sparked heated debate over whether Armstrong's fight against cancer and motivation of people outweighed his drug cheating in a sport rife with doping.

"As a cyclist the guy's work was inspiring, his foundation do amazing work and his story was great. ... You feel embarrassed for recommending his book to people, you stare at the books on the shelf questioning if the lessons and the inspiration is honest and real," said one commentator.

Manly Library said the printed notice, which was placed in a plastic stand on a bookshelf in the library, was a prank and that an internal review was underway.

"Libraries can't arbitrarily reclassify categories of books, because that depends on the ISBN number that is issued by the National Library," a spokesman at Manly Council, which runs the library, said on Monday.

(Reporting by Pauline Askin; Editing by Elaine Lies and Michael Perry)

#140 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

^^^

Posted Image

Love it!

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#141 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,715 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

^ ^ ^ :lol: Too funny ... but fitting ..

#142 Zamboni_14

Zamboni_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

Not without confirmation that it was indeed raining cats and dogs if he said it was raining out. I don't know how he can possibly think he has any credibility with anyone after the depth of his deceit, fraud and bullying of those who dared to call him on his crap.

way to much to say on this... so I'll just leave it with, yes I agree that his credibility is shot just like Bonds, McGuire, Palmaro, and any other athlete who took performance enhancing drugs.

#143 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,412 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

Hes scum. Sure he did great things, but he lied to everyone for years... He cheated. Again he did many great things, but still... The fact he kept it in for so long shows what kind of a person he is....
Posted Image

#144 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

How come Lance was never busted for cheating in the first place? Does the Tour de France have poor drug testing methods? When you see how successful some American athletes are then you realize they're cheating: Armstrong, some of the MLB's biggest stars, undoubtedly some NFL players. It makes you wonder who else is cheating and how bad the issue really is getting. Of course you don't like to play the accusation cards without evidence, but when you see someone like Michael Phelps dominate in the Olympics year after year, it makes you wonder if he too is cheating.

You realize he bullied people by suing them or by calling them names. Calling them liars or worse. Like the wife of one his teammates, he called a "b--tch", for alleging he was doping. People wanted to bust him but were afraid to speak out.

People on the Tour De France believed he was doping but could not come up with the proof since he used ways to mask the drugs. Remember he had the best experts to help him and he was always one step ahead of the authorities in drug doping technology.

Edited by DonLever, 21 January 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#145 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,191 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

You realize he bullied people by suing them or by calling them names. Calling them liars or worse. Like the wife of one his teammates, he called a "b--tch", for alleging he was doping. People wanted to bust him but were afraid to speak out.

People on the Tour De France believed he was doping but could not come up with the proof since he used ways to mask the drugs. Remember he had the best experts to help him and he was always one step ahead of the authorities in drug doping technology.

No, I hadn't really been paying attention to what was going on.

But I learned that after watching Piers Morgan, Anderson Cooper, etc.
Posted Image

#146 Harbinger

Harbinger

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,198 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

He's definitely still lying. After watching the first hour of the interview with him and Oprah. It was so visible on his face that he was still lying. What kind of moron does he take everyone for. He's even losing more credibility with his botched admission. Fool.

Posted Image

#147 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

I'd post it but prob get banned go check out george Carlin on Youtube on his F Lance Armstrong bit from 3 years a gp

#148 Scott Hartnell's Mane

Scott Hartnell's Mane

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,211 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

I'd post it but prob get banned go check out george Carlin on Youtube on his F Lance Armstrong bit from 3 years a gp

From "It's Bad For Ya"....I remember that well. Carlin hit the nail on the head with that one. I never liked this guy...even from the beginning. It makes me feel somewhat satisfied to see him on his downward spiral.
Posted Image

Well I tell you what Heretic..if Tim Tebow becomes Terry Bradshaw I will shave off all my hair, convert to Christianity, go into the ministry and become a preacher.

#149 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

Phelps is next!
Posted Image

#150 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

Library prank sends Armstrong books to fiction section

Reuters – 23 hrs ago
http://news.yahoo.co...06719--spt.html

SYDNEY (Reuters) - A prank note in an Australian library declaring that disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong's books would be moved to the fiction section has gone viral on the Internet, with one commentator declaring: "Hell hath no fury like a librarian".
"All Non-Fiction Lance Armstrong Books, including 'Lance Armstrong - Images of a Champion', 'The Lance Armstrong Performance Program and 'Lance Armstrong: World's Greatest Champion,' will soon be moved to the fiction section," read the sign posted at Sydney's Manly Library on Saturday.
A photograph of the sign posted on the Internet quickly sparked heated debate over whether Armstrong's fight against cancer and motivation of people outweighed his drug cheating in a sport rife with doping.
"As a cyclist the guy's work was inspiring, his foundation do amazing work and his story was great. ... You feel embarrassed for recommending his book to people, you stare at the books on the shelf questioning if the lessons and the inspiration is honest and real," said one commentator.
Manly Library said the printed notice, which was placed in a plastic stand on a bookshelf in the library, was a prank and that an internal review was underway.
"Libraries can't arbitrarily reclassify categories of books, because that depends on the ISBN number that is issued by the National Library," a spokesman at Manly Council, which runs the library, said on Monday.
(Reporting by Pauline Askin; Editing by Elaine Lies and Michael Perry)

This actually made me chuckle :lol:

/=S=/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.