The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Garrison - Better then we expected

DhillonCanuck

During the summer when the Shea Weber fiasco was going many people overlooked the Jason Garrison signing including me. Honestly the day we signed him all I knew was that he had one good season and may just be one hit wonder. All I wanted was Shea Weber, but now after hearing how he's been the best defense man at camp the last two days, I wonder if this guy can be just as good as Weber. He put up Ehrhoff like numbers playing for Florida and now that he is on Vancouver I feel he can double that production, speaking optimistically So who knows we may just have picked up the best bang for its buck signing from the off season.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

I care more about his defense. Florida fans think Garrison-Weaver (yes, Mike Weaver) was an amazing shutdown pairing prior to Campbell-Garrison.

It doesn't get talked about as much as getting a bruiser or offensive juggernaut, but I think we really are missing a consistent defender in our top 4 outside of Hamhuis.

During the summer when the Shea Weber fiasco was going many people overlooked the Jason Garrison signing including me. Honestly the day we signed him all I knew was that he had one good season and may just be one hit wonder. All I wanted was Shea Weber, but now after hearing how he's been the best defense man at camp the last two days, I wonder if this guy can be just as good as Weber. He put up Ehrhoff like numbers playing for Florida and now that he is on Vancouver I feel he can double that production, speaking optimistically So who knows we may just have picked up the best bang for its buck signing from the off season.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!

First day on the job.A tiny bit of restraint may be in order.

Zoolander,I believe Booth,Kesler and Kassian are all injured and at this stage there is no real second line save Raymond and Higgins,which may not be what is wanted or desired.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Garrison-Hamhuis

Booth-Kesler-Kassian/Higgins

Edler-Bieksa

I care more about his defense. Florida fans think Garrison-Weaver (yes, Mike Weaver) was an amazing shutdown pairing prior to Campbell-Garrison.

It doesn't get talked about as much as getting a bruiser or offensive juggernaut, but I think we really are missing a consistent defender in our top 4 outside of Hamhuis.

He's not going to be better than I expected.

I'm on record saying on CDC that Garrison would be the best UFA signing of the summer.

Parise and Surer got all the headlines but Garrison is the bet signing all things considered including his cap hit and the impact he will have on the Canucks.

He's not going to be better than I expected.

I'm on record saying on CDC that Garrison would be the best UFA signing of the summer.

Parise and Surer got all the headlines but Garrison is the bet signing all things considered including his cap hit and the impact he will have on the Canucks.

For those who dont know garrison posted I think it was the 2nd or first highest relative corsi the years he played left side stay at home defender, then when he got put onto the right side for offense he put up 17 goals I believe? and another 15+ assists. He is going to be a very solid D man.

Mr. Reputable,I believe Hamhuis and Garrison had a desire to come home and play in B.C..

With the gifting of Tanev to this club via Gagner that is three of the top six d men and two of the top four that Gillis performed little to nothing but have to sign their contracts.

Re: That's why MG is one of the best GM in the NHL. Mr. Reputable

Archived