The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Garrison - Better then we expected

DhillonCanuck

Capgeek has him down for $5.5 mil with a $3 million signing bonus.

http://www.capgeek.com/player/839

Jason is going to earn a boatload no matter how well he performs or how much ice time he gets.

Better than we expected? Just what did fans expect for that kind of dough?

For that kind of dough being lavished on him I expect that he plays with the skill of Dan Hamhuis' paycheque ,yet brings $1.5 million more in shots that hit the net,hits that hurt the body while putting 50% more confidence into Eddy.

Let's face it we don't imo have a SC defence. The reason for that is two-fold.

Firstly they are too offence minded. (part of the reason for that is our offence sucks come the SC so our D is caught pinching all the time) Over best of 7 a good coach works them out and finds the holes.

Secondly we are not big enough or stay at home enough to protect our goalie properly.

We have had an imbalance in this team in both defence and offence for the last 4 years. Luckily not every team works us out and few teams who do are able to do much about it. Nevertheless unless we are really lucky or we change some aspects of the team, it is our destiny to always meet a Boston or an LA.

Let's face it we don't imo have a SC defence. The reason for that is two-fold.

Firstly they are too offence minded. (part of the reason for that is our offence sucks come the SC so our D is caught pinching all the time) Over best of 7 a good coach works them out and finds the holes.

Secondly we are not big enough or stay at home enough to protect our goalie properly.

We have had an imbalance in this team in both defence and offence for the last 4 years. Luckily not every team works us out and few teams who do are able to do much about it. Nevertheless unless we are really lucky or we change some aspects of the team, it is our destiny to always meet a Boston or an LA.

He played with Campbell on the PP but it was his shot that got Campbell a good portion of his points.

Now imagine that bomb of a shot playing with the Sedins on the PP........

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Garrison-Hamhuis

Booth-Kesler-Kassian/Higgins

Edler-Bieksa

Capgeek has him down for $5.5 mil with a $3 million signing bonus.

For that kind of dough being lavished on him I expect that he plays with the skill of Dan Hamhuis' paycheque ,yet brings $1.5 million more in shots that hit the net,hits that hurt the body while putting 50% more confidence into Eddy.

Mr. Reputable,I believe Hamhuis and Garrison had a desire to come home and play in B.C..

With the gifting of Tanev to this club via Gagner that is three of the top six d men and two of the top four that Gillis performed little to nothing but have to sign their contracts.

Re: That's why MG is one of the best GM in the NHL. Mr. Reputable

I have never seen you post anything positive about the canucks. are you even a fan of this team? do you actually like any player currently on the roster. other teams have discussion boards too you know. why not check out the oilers forum. in other news congratulations on beating out Mr reputable for my first ever member block. give yourself a pat on the back, you've earned it friend.

Hey now boys.. don't forget reading comprehension is your friend. He never said Garrison could double Ehrhoff's production but that he might be able to double his own, AKA 66 Points which I'd think is quite unlikely. But nowhere did he ever say 100 points, nice try though.

Mr. Reputable,I believe Hamhuis and Garrison had a desire to come home and play in B.C..

With the gifting of Tanev to this club via Gagner that is three of the top six d men and two of the top four that Gillis performed little to nothing but have to sign their contracts.

Re: That's why MG is one of the best GM in the NHL. Mr. Reputable

Archived