The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Best way to watch Canucks games online this season (Legally!)

Canadia_Eh

Refer to my post where it says "it's 720p"

That's high def.

it's $90/yr. a year being 12 months, not season. Because they also show KHL, AHL, QMJHL, OHL, and WHL games.

Check out the preview. Judge the quality yourself. They also show tons of free games.

Thanks I'll check it out.

I posted this last year. Not a single response. I guess people prefer to pay 250 bucks for centre ice or whatever. Oh well!

And is that a legal site, authorized to rebroadcast the NHL feed of the game? If not, then it's not legal to post it here and you risk getting a ban/suspension for doing so.

In all honesty, I thought NHL Gamecenter was total garbage.

I was amazed to learn that the NHL doesn't actually have a top notch way of viewing games online. Maybe they're working on it still?

The money they could make if they just did it right, would be significant. The fans would be happy too.

As far as experience goes, there was lag even while viewing at lowest quality.

I found the coverage wasn't as good and there was never any after game banter and highlights.. it would just end.

It just made me miss Sportsnet and TSN Highlights.

There are ways to view live streams, but i won't get into that.

(BTW I'm in Vancouver, and have a good connection.)

Though I paid for about 6 Canucks games, I won't be back. Piss poor.

It's already been mentioned, but bares repeating: NHL Gamecenter Live blacks out any games that are televised in your region.

ie: if you live in BC or the Yukon, you can't use GameCenter to watch Canucks games.

WTH is going on with Canucks TV is what I'd like to know. The season starts tomorrow and they still have the old (full) schedule up and more importantly the FULL PRICE ($39.99) stated .

https://canuckstv.neulion.com/canucks/secure/loginform

Are these goofs going to get their crap together by tomorrow and slash that price since we're only seeing half the games this year?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I moved from BC to Southern California over 10 years ago, and Gamecenter helped keep me sane, giving me the chance to watch a pile of canucks regular season games.

As others have mentioned, you will not get to see the game if it is on a local channel. This gets brutal during the playoffs if the Canucks are playing an American team, as generally one of the Fox Sports stations were covering the game, and I'd be blacked out.

If your computer is in decent shape and not bogged down with viruses, your viewing experience should be fine. The application could be better designed, but all in all, I enjoyed it, and the only reason I unsubscribed is because I now work for DirecTV, and will be getting their hockey package, and I won't have to suffer the local blackout issue anymore.

Side note: Gamecenter's customer service is pretty good, once you get to talk to someone. They can fix your problem quickly, or explain why a game isn't visible (i.e. what channel the game is on on regulat TV). The automated garbage you have to go through to get to someone on the phone gets annoying, especially when you are missing out on prime Canucks action. However, you can start the game at the beginning and catch up, as if it was DVR'd, so that helps.

It's already been mentioned, but bares repeating: NHL Gamecenter Live blacks out any games that are televised in your region.

ie: if you live in BC or the Yukon, you can't use GameCenter to watch Canucks games.

WTH is going on with Canucks TV is what I'd like to know. The season starts tomorrow and they still have the old (full) schedule up and more importantly the FULL PRICE ($39.99) stated .

https://canuckstv.ne...ecure/loginform

Are these goofs going to get their crap together by tomorrow and slash that price since we're only seeing half the games this year?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No kidding! Been checking everyday for a week now.

Don't hockeystreams.com redistribute the gamecenter streams? Those aren't very good quality. Sure, they're 720 pixels in height, but the bitrate isn't well very used. Some teams' feeds are very blurry and/or grainy, among them Canucks home games. They also aren't 60 fps (actually seems more like 15) so it gets pretty tiresome watching whole games.

The illegal alternatives are still better quality than the legal ones and free too. Until the service provided is worth the price asked I won't be paying.

And is that a legal site, authorized to rebroadcast the NHL feed of the game? If not, then it's not legal to post it here and you risk getting a ban/suspension for doing so.

wow you are all kinds of fun

i beleive "mini-modding" is also against the rules! so get a life.

gamecenter is a great deal this year - im waiting to see if theres an adjusted price on centre ice... has anyone heard or signed up for it? i don't need this weekend (both on CBC) but starting next week its gonna be tough to watch canucks from edmonton without a subscription to one of them.

wow you are all kinds of fun

i beleive "mini-modding" is also against the rules! so get a life.

gamecenter is a great deal this year - im waiting to see if theres an adjusted price on centre ice... has anyone heard or signed up for it? i don't need this weekend (both on CBC) but starting next week its gonna be tough to watch canucks from edmonton without a subscription to one of them.

think sundays game is regional tv.

On Hockeystreams.com and/or Gamecenter Live, do they stream the Canucks feeds? like Sportsnet Pacific, etc?

or, since Gamecenter blocks locally broadcasted games, would using a VPN work to allow me to watch Canucks games on GCL? (as far as I know VPN's are legal)

on GCL, you usually (90%?) have a choice between the home and away feeds, so yes you will often get the Sportsnet gang.

I believe they do check for VPN usage, and if I remember correctly, it is mentioned in the instructions/terms of service documentation.

Since Canucks TV is still on the fritz (maybe someone forgot to tell these asshats the lockout is over?), those of us without cable are being forced to source out "illegal streams".

I guess you better call the cops on me then because that's exactly what I'm going to be doing tonight.

:rolleyes:

At least you could log in the other day, now when I try it says "General Failure: The server is unavailable, please try again later.

https://canuckstv.ne...ecure/loginform

Welcome back, fans... :rolleyes:

• 9 months later...

Archived