Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Best way to watch Canucks games online this season (Legally!)

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#31 Allt svartnar

Allt svartnar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

Don't hockeystreams.com redistribute the gamecenter streams? Those aren't very good quality. Sure, they're 720 pixels in height, but the bitrate isn't well very used. Some teams' feeds are very blurry and/or grainy, among them Canucks home games. They also aren't 60 fps (actually seems more like 15) so it gets pretty tiresome watching whole games.

The illegal alternatives are still better quality than the legal ones and free too. Until the service provided is worth the price asked I won't be paying.

Edited by Allt svartnar, 19 January 2013 - 12:24 PM.

last.fm | "så kunde därav intet annat följa än allmogens och gemene mans ruin och undergång"

#32 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,381 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:46 AM

And is that a legal site, authorized to rebroadcast the NHL feed of the game? If not, then it's not legal to post it here and you risk getting a ban/suspension for doing so.

wow you are all kinds of fun

i beleive "mini-modding" is also against the rules! so get a life.

gamecenter is a great deal this year - im waiting to see if theres an adjusted price on centre ice... has anyone heard or signed up for it? i don't need this weekend (both on CBC) but starting next week its gonna be tough to watch canucks from edmonton without a subscription to one of them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#33 70seven

70seven

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

wow you are all kinds of fun

i beleive "mini-modding" is also against the rules! so get a life.

gamecenter is a great deal this year - im waiting to see if theres an adjusted price on centre ice... has anyone heard or signed up for it? i don't need this weekend (both on CBC) but starting next week its gonna be tough to watch canucks from edmonton without a subscription to one of them.

think sundays game is regional tv.

#34 Kragar

Kragar

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

On Hockeystreams.com and/or Gamecenter Live, do they stream the Canucks feeds? like Sportsnet Pacific, etc?

or, since Gamecenter blocks locally broadcasted games, would using a VPN work to allow me to watch Canucks games on GCL? (as far as I know VPN's are legal)

on GCL, you usually (90%?) have a choice between the home and away feeds, so yes you will often get the Sportsnet gang.

I believe they do check for VPN usage, and if I remember correctly, it is mentioned in the instructions/terms of service documentation.

Edited by Kragar, 19 January 2013 - 11:45 AM.

Love the weather here, but I miss Vancouver hockey.

#35 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

And is that a legal site, authorized to rebroadcast the NHL feed of the game? If not, then it's not legal to post it here and you risk getting a ban/suspension for doing so.

Since Canucks TV is still on the fritz (maybe someone forgot to tell these asshats the lockout is over?), those of us without cable are being forced to source out "illegal streams".

I guess you better call the cops on me then because that's exactly what I'm going to be doing tonight.

:rolleyes:

At least you could log in the other day, now when I try it says "General Failure: The server is unavailable, please try again later.
https://canuckstv.ne...ecure/loginform

Welcome back, fans... :rolleyes:

Edited by darkpoet, 20 January 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#36 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

heh.... "legal" streams...

#37 NuckNuckNucks

NuckNuckNucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I watch live Canuck games on CBC (Or any channel)anywhere I go in North America or overseas on my iPad, laptop or IPhone. Free.

You have to be a true bandwagoneer if you buy Mike's line about looking for the right deal to trade Luongo.

True fans and hockey diehards know, that is double talk for, "Luongo is a high ticket commodity now or next year, we'll keep him around just in case Schneider turns out to be a lemon and chokes games."

And choke he will.

I know this. I'm never wrong.

#38 HX833

HX833

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

What happened to that package where you could stream all Sportsnet Canucks games (I think it was about $40 for the year)? I can't seem to find it. Any help would be great!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.