The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

48 Games... Perfect for a Tank?

Spotted Zebra

Let me start off by saying that this isn't a troll thread, I am not suggesting that the Canucks blow up the organization and trade away the Sedins and Edler for prospects. Nor am I suggesting there isn't a chance the Canucks could go all the way this year.

But...

What's the one thing you keep hearing CONSISTANTLY about the Canucks from someone who is not a fan of them? It's not that they aren't tough enough, or they're to thin on defence. Both these statements may be true, but the thing I keep hearing over and over is : "Their window is coming to an end"

Whether you agree with it or not, you have to acknowledge it.

Years of sketchy drafting have led to a prospect pool have led to Jensen, Schroeder, Corrado, and Gaunce as the future of the team. That isn't bad, but chances are they arent going to take over for the Sedins and Kesler and Burrows, all of whom are slowly aging.

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make here is this. When people found out there was going to be a 48 game schedule, most of the initial reaction was that the Canucks had to go balls to the walls to ice their best possible team for the playoffs, which is what we, the fans would like. No arguing that.

But what happens, when someone decides to take liberties on Daniel Sedin again, and our D core disintegrates? Whats the point of making the playoffs and being eliminated in the first round, only to get the 23rd Overall draft pick? Each year we don't win the cup, our chances fade slightly more the following season.

We were not expecting hockey this year. Hamhuis is hurt, Kassian is hurt, Booth is hurt, Kes is hurt.

Our second line stands to be : Raymond - Ebbett - Hansen.

Why not let Kes rest up the whole season, get healthy, and get 70 points next year? This team will not have forgotten how to win, and the addition of a Jones, or MacKinnon extends the shelflife of this team by YEARS.

I'm rambling now, but you get the point. We suffered though a 4 month lockout, could we not suffer through 3 more for the good of the team, Edmonton had to endure this for close to 300 games, we could do it for 48.

we suffered through 4 months of lockout whats another 3 months???

that was 4 months of no hockey ......NO NHL games .. have you looked at the schedule?

they get 2 days off tops , then its game , day off game ,day off, game, day off , game , game, 2 days off, game ECT ECT ECT ECT

i cant put up with a few losses back to back let alone 3 months of straight loss every other day

only person who could possibly deal with this would be a hermit or the deaf / blind

I don't understand, OP.

Are you suggesting that we trade away the Sedins, Kes, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler etc etc and load up on prospects so that maybe one day we can have a team as good as the one we have right now?

Or are you saying that somebody needs to go into the locker room and tell those guys to lose on purpose? Tough to find a volunteer for that job I think.

Archived