The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UFA market

Hunter.S-Kerouac

So with Kes and Booth and hammer (most likely out to start the season) injured I am curious who the CDC thinks could be a decent signing from the ufa market. I am personally not sold that trading either goaltender is the right decision In this shortened season of groin related injuries. My gut feeling is all season long we will have players alternating on and off the IR with all of this fluctuating cap space I think it might be in our best interest to sign some ufa's that we wouldn't have to give anything up for. To a one year deal so next season when the cap drops we can say thanks for the memories (cup victory fingers crossed) bye bye.

I'm sure we could fit Arnott and/ or Huselius in and all of a sudden we have depth at forward we currently have more than enough cap room for both. But there are alot of decent players that could temporarily fill holes on our team B mo, D Langkow, P Sykora come to mind but there are many.

so who do you think would be a good ufa signing that could play a role on the canucks for this season?

I don't mind Brendan Morrison (0 points- 1 goal in playoffs) or Jason Arnott (22 points).

Arnott would be ideal though, but definitely a higher price.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Lapierre Hansen

Higgins Arnott/Morrison Kassian

Volpatti Malhotra Wiese

Healthy*

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Booth

Higgins Arnott/Morrison Hansen

Lapierre Malhotra Kassian

I don't mind Brendan Morrison (0 points- 1 goal in playoffs) or Jason Arnott (22 points).

Arnott would be ideal though, but definitely a higher price.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Lapierre Hansen

Higgins Arnott/Morrison Kassian

Volpatti Malhotra Wiese

Healthy*

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Raymond Kesler Booth

Higgins Arnott/Morrison Hansen

Lapierre Malhotra Kassian

I am sorry to say I see Kassian peaking as a 2nd liner, in order to develop him I do believe he should play 3rd line with spot duty on the first after a penalty kill. That would be developing him. He's not matured enough to be a full time 2nd liner yet he still takes way to many O zone penalties. You dont go from fringe 4th liner to 2nd line regular in one off season. The biggest advantage he has right now is that he at least has been playing which means he has a leg up on earning a larger role. Don't be too impatient. He can become that Lucic type player not just another Bitz/Cowan

No way, Arnott > Langkow. Langkow doesn't have nearly as much playoff experience as Arnott does, not to mention the leadership he brings- he has a cup ring for christ sake! lol Langkow played on the top two lines and didn't do that great, let's go with someone who is a proven performer guys. :rolleyes:

Well Langkow brings leadership and veteran experience aswell, he is younger, hasn't aged as bad, more mobile, can play in every situation proficiently, is an absolute warrior who sacrifices and does whatever it takes to win.

And unlike Arnott he played a big role for Phoenix in their run to the conference finals, unlike Arnott who was a healthy scratch the entire post season for St.Louis.

Archived