The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rick Ball + Kelly Hrudy to call HNIC late games

Canucks_4_Cup

Hockey Night in Canada is finally getting a much-needed makeover. Rick Ball and Kelly Hrudey will takeover calling the main 7:00pm Pacific/10:00pm Eastern game on many weeks this season. Scott Oake will continue to report rinkside and host After Hours for the second game of CBC’s doubleheader. Jim Hughson, Craig Simpson and Glenn Healy will continue to call the 7:00pm Eastern Toronto Maple Leafs broadcast most weeks. Bob Cole and Garry Galley will mostly do Canadiens and Senators games. CBC has demoted Mark Lee to Winnipeg Jets regional broadcasts, where he will work with Greg Millen. Dean Brown also remains with CBC to call selected games. CBC will only have four games twice this season, however, on Hockey Day in Canada and again on April 6. Kevin Weekes will also stay with Hockey Night in a new role.

I love Kevin Weekes. The idiot is his partner on after hours, Scott Oake. I have no clue how he manages to keep his job.

I would love to see Shorty. I think it's only a matter of time Shorthouse gets the gig, he's better the Ball. Perhaps he turned it down to stick with Canucks for now.

Archived