The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Min

bigpush

Not that I would expect this to happen but I feel like this is fair value and think it could help both teams.

To Van

Heatley

Zucker

To Min

Ballard

Schroeder

2nd round pick

I like Schroeder and think Ballard is the easy scapegoat in this town but think that they both have some value for the Wild. Schroeder is almost NHL ready and would add to a good group of young players in Minnesota and Ballard could potentially be a very steady presence for a young defence that looks a bit weak to me. Heatley has a cap hit of 7.5 mil this year which puts the wild right up to the cap this year and more importantly hurts them next year when they have 4 good RFA's to sign and 2 UFA top 9 guys expiring as well as their # 1 goalie Backlund and are at 58mil. They would save 3.3 million and gain two local players.

I have never been a huge Heatley fan, but he knows how to score and is an underated playmaker. I think the canucks need more firepower in the top 6 and Heatley would improve the PP as well. Worst case scenario he can be bought out but doubt he would be that terrible. Zucker is a pretty good prospect for the Wild and has had a solid rookie season in the AHL this year as well as a strong WJC this year with 7 points in 6 games.

I understand that Minnesota would miss Heatleys production but also think that they are screwed having to resign Clutterbuck, Scandella, Falk, Spurgeon and even if they dont resign Backlund, Bouchard and Cullen they will need to replace them.

Sedin Sedin Heatley

Burrows Kesler Heatley

Booth Higgins Heatley

Kassian Lapierre Heatley

Well; I'm not sure Minny wants to make such a splash on D then blowup their forward lines?

But the deal has merit. My only concern is he's a left wing. Maybe Booth (from nearby Michigan and Schroeder?

Not that I would expect this to happen but I feel like this is fair value and think it could help both teams.

To Van

Heatley

Zucker

To Min

Ballard

Schroeder

2nd round pick

I like Schroeder and think Ballard is the easy scapegoat in this town but think that they both have some value for the Wild. Schroeder is almost NHL ready and would add to a good group of young players in Minnesota and Ballard could potentially be a very steady presence for a young defence that looks a bit weak to me. Heatley has a cap hit of 7.5 mil this year which puts the wild right up to the cap this year and more importantly hurts them next year when they have 4 good RFA's to sign and 2 UFA top 9 guys expiring as well as their # 1 goalie Backlund and are at 58mil. They would save 3.3 million and gain two local players.

I have never been a huge Heatley fan, but he knows how to score and is an underated playmaker. I think the canucks need more firepower in the top 6 and Heatley would improve the PP as well. Worst case scenario he can be bought out but doubt he would be that terrible. Zucker is a pretty good prospect for the Wild and has had a solid rookie season in the AHL this year as well as a strong WJC this year with 7 points in 6 games.

I understand that Minnesota would miss Heatleys production but also think that they are screwed having to resign Clutterbuck, Scandella, Falk, Spurgeon and even if they dont resign Backlund, Bouchard and Cullen they will need to replace them.

Sedin Sedin Heatley

Burrows Kesler Heatley

Booth Higgins Heatley

Kassian Lapierre Heatley

Yeah, in addition to what's already been said, the Wild aren't in the cap hell you seem to think they're in... The Wild are only at $51 mil before signing those RFAs. If Backstrom doesn't re-sign cheap he likely won't be back and the two top 9 spots will be filled internally by Coyle/Zucker/Larsson/Mitchell.

BTW, nice lines :)

Archived