The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Typical slow starts for Luongo

danjr

Its a..."What have you done for me lately" kinda business. Lou was middle of the pack last season and you can;t trade a gold medal for the Stanley Cup the last I heard. Hamburgler and Down unda don;t have a clue and I'll wager never even held goalie gear let alone put them on. Its all opinion with no real knowledge of the position.

lol might as well just trade both goalies and the rest of the core and rebuild. face the truth.. our team don't have what it takes in the playoff to win regardless of who's in net. we don't have the grinders capable of grinding out goals. we don't have the forwards that steps it up to another gear. the core is getting old and beat up. might as well trade them all while they are still worth something.. it's better than wait til they become more useless and then start rebuilding. we have nothing amazing in the farms and we rarely attracts big name UFA to the city.. so might as well restock and reload.

For Luongo to come back as the starter the Canucks would have to lose pretty badly with Schneider in net first. So you're saying you'd like the Canucks to lose just so you can rub in your Luongo man-crush in your friends' faces?

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard, and I wonder if you're a Canucks fan at all. It just sounds like you love Luongo.

lol might as well just trade both goalies and the rest of the core and rebuild. face the truth.. our team don't have what it takes in the playoff to win regardless of who's in net. we don't have the grinders capable of grinding out goals. we don't have the forwards that steps it up to another gear. the core is getting old and beat up. might as well trade them all while they are still worth something.. it's better than wait til they become more useless and then start rebuilding. we have nothing amazing in the farms and we rarely attracts big name UFA to the city.. so might as well restock and reload.

have to remember Schneider has been playing in Europe during the lockout, whereas Lui hasn't. Schneider starting makes sense to me right now. I think if the lockout happened last season and the Canucks were in this situation they would start Schneider for the first few games until Luongo upped his fitness level back into game shape.

Prior to 1977 only players who had completed the Stanley Cup playoffs were eligible. Today, players appearing in 41 regular-season games or one Stanley Cup Final game for the championship team have their names engraved on the Cup. The NHL makes exceptions for players who do not meet the standard because of injury or other extenuating circumstances

Archived