#61 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

POPULAR

What I find amusing is that even the mere mentioning of the fact (not that I was the one who even brought gender into it) that men are not perfect drivers resulted in those of the male persuasion leaping all over themselves to defend the so-called position that men are perfect drivers. The 'joke' is an old one and stereotypical..it is in poor taste.....and funny how it only seems to be humorous amongst those of the male persuasion. So this 'joke' is automatically funny because someone with male chromosomes said it? I didn't even make a gender joke yet males were falling all over themselves to defend the fact that they're ......well.......male. Perhaps your so-called 'humor' could use a 2013 update.

Quiet, woman. Men are speaking.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 15 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#62 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Quiet, woman. Men are speaking.

:P

(And get your own damned sandwich :lol:)

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#63 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

I don't know how! Sandwiches are far too complicated for my male brain. :frantic: :lol:

Edited by MaximYapierre, 15 January 2013 - 11:28 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#64 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

Storm's a brewin'.

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#65 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

I also use the three strike rule.
Except mine is Woman/Immigrant/Age

Some Immigrants drive better than those who aren't immigrants. A German drivers beats a Canadian driver any day. I would say the worst drivers would be old Asian ladies.

Posted Image

#66 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:06 AM

Some Immigrants drive better than those who aren't immigrants. A German drivers beats a Canadian driver any day. I would say the worst drivers would be old Asian ladies.

Well being born in Canada and my mother in Stuttgart I win hands down every time. :emot-parrot: Seriously though I have been to Europe a few times and German drivers are excellent ! It is the simple fact that their cars are built to higher standards, handle higher speeds and the drivers have more testing and road classes in different seasons. The whole North American approach to the road is all wrong . The worst drivers by far are new and or young drivers. They have no concept of things like threshold braking, double clutching, weight transfer, simple breaking distances etc.

AS for the gender thing , sorry ladies after 25+ years behind the wheel in a few cities and countries, I have learned to stay the hell out of your way. Driving with your knees, putting on eyeliner/lipstick while your celly is attached to your face is not multitasking :sadno: It borders on criminal negligence.

Edited by vanfan73, 16 January 2013 - 12:19 AM.

2zf729h.jpg

"BiG UP"  to TS for the deadly sig !

#67 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,833 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

You go, girl!

And might I mention: I am woman (hear me roar) and I have only had 3 misdemeanors in my whole 22 years of driving (one was a nasty photo radar on Como Lake Rd. hitting ALL of us / one warning / one no u-turn) . Not one accident that was my fault. So, HAH. And now that I have a truck, I am one of those truck jerks, who can get away with anything. <3
Posted Image

#68 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,911 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

You go, girl!

And might I mention: I am woman (hear me roar) and I have only had 3 misdemeanors in my whole 22 years of driving (one was a nasty photo radar on Como Lake Rd. hitting ALL of us / one warning / one no u-turn) . Not one accident that was my fault. So, HAH. And now that I have a truck, I am one of those truck jerks, who can get away with anything. <3

Only..?

Pfff.

My dad has had 0 in his 30+ years of driving -_-

Edited by Armada, 16 January 2013 - 12:29 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#69 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

A most brilliant post. Congratulations.

thx BB youuu make my day :)

#70 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:43 AM

ok. women normaly drive bad, sometimes they don´t know where they´re going (unless the destination is a shopping center).

but sometimes some women drive, errr, well.

my mom is a clear example of "how fast you can go without be considered insane". She loves Formula-1 soo much that she drives like Michael Schumacher, she drives at 180KM/H in the city and 230KM/H on highways and she always says "I´m not driving fast, the car is driving fast"

and to every women posting here, I want a giant chocolate cake, some pudims, and fish. I´m hungry...
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#71 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Only..?

Pfff.

Clearly your dad is a male.

Edited by MaximYapierre, 16 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#72 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

and to every women posting here, I want a giant chocolate cake, some pudims, and fish. I´m hungry...

Just let me program the most direct route to the kitchen on your GPS for you........

#73 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Q: What do you call a woman who works twice as hard as a man?

A: Lazy.

Edited by D-Money, 16 January 2013 - 02:44 PM.

Posted Image

#74 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Just let me program the most direct route to the kitchen on your GPS for you........

better start planning your route on all my 4 GPS, all of them for professional use with tons of resources including Lateral and Vertical navigation and fuel consuption.also please prepare the same route on my INS in case the 4 GPS fail. and send the copy of the Flight Plan to me ok?thanks :)
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#75 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Only..?

Pfff.

In 45 years of driving I had one ticket (when I was 20 in 1971) for what a rookie RCMP officer called a "California or rolling stop" at a stop sign at a deserted intersection at 4am in the morning in the bustling metropolis of Prince Rupert. Must have been a slow shift for him.

Nothing else and no accidents for which I was held responsible although I was hit several times by other drivers who were held 100% liable.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#76 Dral

Dral

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

What I find amusing is that even the mere mentioning of the fact (not that I was the one who even brought gender into it) that men are not perfect drivers resulted in those of the male persuasion leaping all over themselves to defend the so-called position that men are perfect drivers. The 'joke' is an old one and stereotypical..it is in poor taste.....and funny how it only seems to be humorous amongst those of the male persuasion. So this 'joke' is automatically funny because someone with male chromosomes said it? I didn't even make a gender joke yet males were falling all over themselves to defend the fact that they're ......well.......male. Perhaps your so-called 'humor' could use a 2013 update.

I just reread the thread... no where does anyone claim men are perfect drivers... in fact, no one even said men are GOOD or better then average drivers.

After your post linking a bunch of articles about men drivers, all I saw were youtube videos of women drivers (which were also pretty funny)

And no, I'm pretty sure it'd still be funny if a woman said it.

I'm sure it won't be a funny joke anymore once cars drive themselves completely. Until then, no amount of logical counter-points or debating will change it. Don't try and dictate humor to people, it's a lost cause and you just end up looking like a raging humorless feminist.

Also, poop and fart jokes will always be funny.

#77 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I just reread the thread... no where does anyone claim men are perfect drivers... in fact, no one even said men are GOOD or better then average drivers.

After your post linking a bunch of articles about men drivers, all I saw were youtube videos of women drivers (which were also pretty funny)

I'm sure it won't be a funny joke anymore once cars drive themselves completely. Until then, no amount of logical counter-points or debating will change it. Don't try and dictate humor to people, it's a lost cause and you just end up looking like a raging humorless feminist.

:picard:

My post obviously went completely over your head.....but not to worry, I'm sure there's a GPS somewhere in your future that will help you find it.

Perhaps to the juvenile and immature.....

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 16 January 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#78 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,367 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Haha, you said poop! :lol:

Edited by Jägermeister, 16 January 2013 - 09:51 PM.

Posted Image

#79 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,615 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Why would she tell the media about this ? How did this story get out there ?

#80 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

In 45 years of driving I had one ticket (when I was 20 in 1971) for what a rookie RCMP officer called a "California or rolling stop" at a stop sign at a deserted intersection at 4am in the morning in the bustling metropolis of Prince Rupert. Must have been a slow shift for him.

Nothing else and no accidents for which I was held responsible although I was hit several times by other drivers who were held 100% liable.

I now know your age. I'm 33% of the way to being a good stalker.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#81 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#82 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Someone drives 900 miles in wrong direction?

How has this not been posted yet:

Posted Image

Edited by taxi, 17 January 2013 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.