The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

He admitted he wasnt hitting the gym while hunting.

“I was in my hometown because I thought we were getting close. I was able to keep in shape and keep doing some of the favourite things I enjoy. It’s all different. Some days I don’t stop moving for 12 hours. It gets monotonous going to the gym every day, and that’s what keeps me motivated.”

Read more: http://www.theprovin...l#ixzz2I5i4kZmG

In other words instead of hitting the gym he got his exercise from hunting.

I'm not ready to hit the panic button yet. Our prospects needed a chance to show what they can do sooner or later, and now they'll get it. And it's not as if we can't just play a more defensive style until we get Booth and Kesler back. It's not as if AV doesn't know how to coach defense, as that's how we made the playoffs the first year Luongo was here.

Have faith in the guys and let things play out.

How is he a bust when he hasn't even had an opportunity? Everyone just needs to calm down. Did you guys know that Iginla is missing camp right now because of a groin injury? I don't think you'll see Flames fans sh!tting all over him.

And to those saying he wasn't training...he was training. He acknowledged that he was in the gym, just not every day. You take one look at that guy and you can tell he has been a gym rat most of his life. To call him out on his fitness seems just ridiculous. Booth's biceps are to Chris Higgins' abs.

How about this: you guys go work on becoming worthwhile human beings, gain some confidence and identity, and then perhaps you'll have less of a desire to rail against the American straw man that you've made Booth out to be. It's always the worst among us that are eager to single out and hate on people much more upstanding than themselves.

Fickle fans, fickle fans. First people think Booth is a great player, then people think he's a terrible player, and then now, since he's injured, 'we're doomed'. The only thing that remains consistent is that people always seem to have a problem with his personal life.

Eventually players have to be given their chance. I'm assuming this season is Schneider's chance. And by the looks of things now, it seems as if it will be Kassian's chance as well as Schroeder's chance. This is a good thing - be excited!

This could actually be the opening for Kassian to take a top 6 spot, so blessing in disguise.

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian

Higgins - Lappiere - Hansen

Weise - Malhotra - Volpatti

As long as the top line is healthy and productive, I think we'll be fine with that lineup for a couple of weeks.

I said it in the last Booth thread, look at the silver linings people! Kassian will have a real shot at a top 6 wing spot, Schroeder could possibly fill in for Kesler while he's out, and between the 5m from Kesler and the 4.5m from Booth, we free up a prorated 9.5m to make a deadline splash. I'm a fan of our prospects and I really like the idea of giving them a shot.

Archived