The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

Who cares? The OP is correct. Sometimes, guys just don't fit. Keith Ballard doesn't fit here, nor does David Booth.

When the trade was first made, a lot of people thought it to be very lopsided in our favour, but it was very clear that the goal of the transaction from the Panthers' perspective was to dump cap. This was not a hockey trade.

Booth can skate, but that's about the extent of his value. Not a sniper. Certainly not a leader. Certainly not a student of the game. I've said for a long time that I'd much rather have Raymond on my team than Booth, and I stand by that statement.

Who cares? The OP is correct. Sometimes, guys just don't fit. Keith Ballard doesn't fit here, nor does David Booth.

When the trade was first made, a lot of people thought it to be very lopsided in our favour, but it was very clear that the goal of the transaction from the Panthers' perspective was to dump cap. This was not a hockey trade.

Booth can skate, but that's about the extent of his value. Not a sniper. Certainly not a leader. Certainly not a student of the game. I've said for a long time that I'd much rather have Raymond on my team than Booth, and I stand by that statement.

Losing Booth hurts, he's a fast skilled winger who can score. Saying he never really worked out here doesn't make a lot of sense, his personal life is his personal life. When Booth has been healthy he has been very useful. 4-6 weeks isn't too bad though, he will be back and fresh for the playoffs. Canucks have adequate forward depth, they will stay afloat.

Archived