#91 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,067 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

To those who are saying I have a problem with him being Christian:

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Malhotra, Hamhuis, and Luongo are also Christian and very religious and I think that's awesome. We don't know which other players are religious but, given the amount of pressure these guys are under on a daily basis, I think they'd be crazy not to turn to religion to keep them grounded.

Check out this video of Manny getting ready to go on the ice. When I saw it I thought it was great that he encorporates time for a quick prayer before practice:

I am a goaltender. There is no way I would have survived the pressure of that position without some form of meditation or prayer or whatever else you want to call it. What do you think I'm doing in the net when our championship game goes to a shootout? I'm freaking praying my arse off!

I have issues with David Booth - his religious practices is not one of them
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#92 stuffradio

stuffradio

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just proves how stupid Vancouver fans are.

Bad karma, never going to win a cup.

In which respect?

Edited by stuffradio, 15 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#93 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Just proves how stupid Vancouver fans are.

Bad karma, never going to win a cup.

How does that comment make him stupid? Treading on thin ice, pal.

#94 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

To those who are saying I have a problem with him being Christian:

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Malhotra, Hamhuis, and Luongo are also Christian and very religious and I think that's awesome. We don't know which other players are religious but, given the amount of pressure these guys are under on a daily basis, I think they'd be crazy not to turn to religion to keep them grounded.

Check out this video of Manny getting ready to go on the ice. When I saw it I thought it was great that he encorporates time for a quick prayer before practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPxtnb0vkF8

I am a goaltender. There is no way I would have survived the pressure of that position without some form of meditation or prayer or whatever else you want to call it. What do you think I'm doing in the net when our championship game goes to a shootout? I'm freaking praying my arse off!

I have issues with David Booth - his religious practices is not one of them

Great post. Several posters should take note. This is what you call a fair, thoughtful post.

#95 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,499 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Raymond is going to be our second line veteran LOL

If one believes the GM's on CDC we are going to have Raymond the invincible along with the Schroe and Kassian.
Two rookies and a skater for a second line on the reigning Presidents' Champions team.
Super.
I want to hear Gillis say that they are quite willing and can afford to keep Luongo here all season long again today.
That Luongo that showed up at the Vancouver airport with a duffel bag for the entire year as a Canuck.

#96 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

How does that comment make him stupid? Treading on thin ice, pal.

Talking about in general, all the hate our players get, especially Lu.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#97 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Anyways, this thread has taken a sour turn and I don't want to be a part of it. I'm out.

#98 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

I don't hear the agnostics or atheists of the NHL answering questions with "god' in them when being interviewed, Booth should do the same and keep his beliefs to himself.
Better yet, maybe a player who is an atheist one day should just say in an interview he got this far in the game because he wasn't hauled off to church by his parents every Sunday morning and had more time to practice.

#99 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,451 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I wasn't sure if I wanted Kass on the 2nd line, but now it's pretty much guaranteed the best move. Less debate about it now anyways.

I'm thinking a 2a/2b situation.

Higgins/Schroeder/Kassian
Raymond/Ebbett or Lappy/Hansen

HiromiOshimaB.gif

#100 JustNazzy

JustNazzy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

POPULAR

Gomez might be a good gamble now the 2nd line is all but gone. adds depth down the middle that we need aswell.

if montreal buys him out before saturday.

Posted Image

Edited by JustNazzy, 15 January 2013 - 03:42 PM.

3-1_zps2a110f68.png

#101 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Lol imagine Gomez came back to form here

once everyones back

Sedin-Sedin-Burr
Booth-Kesler-Gomez
Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian
Raymond-Malholtra-Hansen

killer lineup

Gomez is all but done though imo

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#102 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

POPULAR

Brian Dawkins, Tebow, Lewis and Kurt Warner are huge bible thumpers. I dare anyone to question their work ethic or motives.

#103 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

That's keeping yourself in good shape, let's not even wait for game play, let's just get injured in fitness training. I hate to say it and i don't even have any reasoning behind it but for some reason the guy just rubs me the wrong way? Sorry to the Booth lovers out there.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#104 AllHailSmyl

AllHailSmyl

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Gomez anyone?

Posted Image

By the way learn how to spell SHIRIKOV who is this shirakov

Amazingly on his first shift Kassian would have had a breakaway if Kesler knew how to pass. And he still got switched with Weiss. And note it is "Weiss" not "Wise".

#105 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I am not sold on Booth and this injury delays the ability for him remove this doubt. But I wish the best for Canucks and all its current players, so heal fast Booth and prove the haters wrong.

#106 stuffradio

stuffradio

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

POPULAR

I don't hear the agnostics or atheists of the NHL answering questions with "god' in them when being interviewed, Booth should do the same and keep his beliefs to himself.
Better yet, maybe a player who is an atheist one day should just say in an interview he got this far in the game because he wasn't hauled off to church by his parents every Sunday morning and had more time to practice.

Atheists don't believe in God, so no, they wouldn't mention him. Agnostics aren't sure, so it wouldn't really make sense to them. It was all the God haters that brought this topic up in this thread.

#107 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Without Booth we would have almost no one that drives to the net, so be thankful he doesn't play like Raymond.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#108 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,108 posts

He's allowed to speak how he wants to speak. It's not like he's completely ignoring the point. He's just saying things from his viewpoint. It's like these NON-Christian types who feel the need to cuss every time they say something. I wish people like that would leave that out of it and just say the point.

Well for F sakes .. just joking. :)

True enough. I am very interested in quantum physics and could probably begin every statement by discussing some variation of string or expansion theory. However, I don't because it makes communication difficult for those that aren't versed in it and has no real relevance to the topic. I also find it is bad taste in that the topic is such a heated debate. Swearing can be considered rude but it's just rude and doesn't carry life and death implications with it. Why try to cause problems or try to come off better than others when discussing everyday topics? That would be like me announcing my political views when discussing hockey. it doesn't make sense.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#109 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,297 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Stop discussing Booth's religion. That has nothing to do with hockey.

And I'm pretty sure there's a rule about talking about players personal lives anyways. Keep it on subject.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#110 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Nope. Not just you. I have never cared for the guy.

This.

Perhaps package him with Luongo and ship him back to Florida. I hear he was quite fond of it there.
Posted Image

#111 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Stop discussing Booth's religion. That has nothing to do with hockey.

And I'm pretty sure there's a rule about talking about players personal lives anyways. Keep it on subject.

If a player puts something in his personal life front and center like Booth does with his religion, I think it should be fair game.

However, his belief in God has absolutely zero to do with his sore groin.

#112 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,697 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Stephen Weiss would really help right now....

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#113 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Atheists don't believe in God, so no, they wouldn't mention him. Agnostics aren't sure, so it wouldn't really make sense to them. It was all the God haters that brought this topic up in this thread.

I understand, but then again, hockey fans watch and listen to hockey games because they love the game, not to learn about peoples beliefs.
Sounds like during that interview that's all Booth wanted to talk about.

#114 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

That's keeping yourself in good shape, let's not even wait for game play, let's just get injured in fitness training. I hate to say it and i don't even have any reasoning behind it but for some reason the guy just rubs me the wrong way? Sorry to the Booth lovers out there.

No need for an apology (to all 3 of them). What kind of pro athelete (lock out or otherwise) allows himself to atrophy to a point where he pulls a groin in physicals? This is beyond frustrating for all the fans who are waiting for the big guy to SHOW UP finally.
Posted Image

#115 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Maybe he got attacked by a goat, but doesn't want the fans and media to know. :bigblush:

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#116 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Buy him out after this year. I could care less about his personal life or beliefs except if it impacts his hockey.

All the time he spent hunting may indicate that he isn't that serious about keeping in shape and improving as a hockey player and is more interested in collecting paycheques and enjoying life. Being a hockey player these days involves a full committment to staying in shape 12 months a year and this groin injury may indicate Booth didn't do and that he doesn't have the drive to succeed in this league longterm.

Edited by gradin123, 15 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#117 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Can't we just sign Arrnott 1 year, 1 million or something like that?

#118 vancanfan

vancanfan

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,516 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Stephen Weiss would really help right now....

I agree, last year of his contract and he is heading to UFA status.

#119 cloutier123

cloutier123

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

wow, im nervous for this season. To be succesful I believe Kassian is to be the one to make the difference.

#120 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

damn this season got more interesting and not in the good way does luongo get moved sooner or do we hold on and wait for our line up to get healthy i think were ok without booth for a bit but kesler is the hole that needs to be filled and if thats ebbet then hopefully he can play well til kesler comes back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.