255 replies to this topic

#151 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Fickle fans, fickle fans. First people think Booth is a great player, then people think he's a terrible player, and then now, since he's injured, 'we're doomed'. The only thing that remains consistent is that people always seem to have a problem with his personal life.

Eventually players have to be given their chance. I'm assuming this season is Schneider's chance. And by the looks of things now, it seems as if it will be Kassian's chance as well as Schroeder's chance. This is a good thing - be excited!

#152 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Not a popular sentiment but would splitting up the twins work so we have two 1st-ish lines?

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#153 zzonsen

zzonsen

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Michael Nylander, now healthy and currently playing in Sweden wants back to the NHL, could be worth a try as 2nd line center.
Posted Image

Credit: 6salopyatt9

#154 ilduce39

ilduce39

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,066 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Not a popular sentiment but would splitting up the twins work so we have two 1st-ish lines?

AND THEY USED TO BOTH PLAY CENTER!!!! ... like 15 years ago. Still, they've been split up before in less dire circumstances.

Edited by ilduce39, 15 January 2013 - 05:35 PM.

T-Bone said:
remind them all of Tbone, remeber me for how I lived, not how I was banned
*sig too big

#155 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

This could actually be the opening for Kassian to take a top 6 spot, so blessing in disguise.

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian
Higgins - Lappiere - Hansen
Weise - Malhotra - Volpatti

As long as the top line is healthy and productive, I think we'll be fine with that lineup for a couple of weeks.

#156 Ronning4center

Ronning4center

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

Everytime she talks about Booth she has to make a remark about how he's christian and how she doesn't like it, pretty sad really.

Maybe we should get some more players like Kane who punch taxi drivers.

Hunting is just the worst!!!!!

Haha slaughter house killing of cows in the worst.....at least deer get a fighting chance to run.

No reason to panic...MG has back up plans...all will work out.

Edited by Ronning4center, 15 January 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#157 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,873 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

I said it in the last Booth thread, look at the silver linings people! Kassian will have a real shot at a top 6 wing spot, Schroeder could possibly fill in for Kesler while he's out, and between the 5m from Kesler and the 4.5m from Booth, we free up a prorated 9.5m to make a deadline splash. I'm a fan of our prospects and I really like the idea of giving them a shot.

LTI doesn't free up cap space. It only allows you to exceed the cap limit while the players are injured. They still count towards the cap while injured.
Posted Image

#158 austy

austy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

....what's mathias weinhandle doing these days? Lol

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#159 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:38 PM

It is still too early to pass verdict on Booth. Injuries and the adjustment have prevented us from seeing him play of a long extended period. He is overpaid.

#160 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Could MG still call up Jensen?? would love to see him play with JS and Kassian on the 2nd line.

#161 NP-4815162342

NP-4815162342

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'd go
Sedin-sedin-kassian
Higgins/Raymond-Schroeder-burrows
Raymond/Higgins-lappiere-Hansen
Ebbett/volpatti-Malhotra-weise
Burrows will help out Schroeder more than kassian will and sedins will help kassian more than Schroeder will

#162 Kesler the Beast

Kesler the Beast

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

Just proves how stupid Vancouver fans are.

Bad karma, never going to win a cup.

So on one hand you say Vancouver fans are dumb, and then you equate not winning a cup to bad karma.

I think the proof is in your post, not the one you quoted.

Edited by Kesler the Beast, 15 January 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#163 bossram

bossram

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,943 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

If he's was actually training and staying in shape during the lockout rather than hunting he may not have hurt himself during physicals.

The injury had nothing to do with his training or fitness. That came directly from AV. In fact, he implied that Booth may have overtrained. Many other Canucks have also vouched for Booth's work ethic when it comes to training.

Now I'm not the biggest Booth fan and I don't think he's the best fit here, but he's caught way too much flak for being himself. Yes he hunts, and some people don't like it, but it's not illegal. He has certain religious views, but it's not like he's a neo-Nazi. His off-ice activity didn't having to do with this injury. Groin injuries happen.

No one freaked out when Hamhuis sat out the beginning of camp with a "groin strain". No one accused him of improper training.

What he should be judged for is his play on the ice. And I agree that he hasn't met expectations so far.
What is the deal with Mike Gillis, it always seems like he's sweating...

#164 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,517 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

'Waaah, i never liked him, waaah! Pout!'

Liars. You were all hugging his and Gillis' nuts when he pulled off that trade just like the rest of us.
Posted Image

#165 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I like Booth.
Seems like a really nice guy and has all the tools to be a good contributor once he heals up.
I may also get a kick out of how much people seem to dislike some of his personal life choices...

Edited by Jägermeister, 15 January 2013 - 05:52 PM.

Posted Image

#166 Squeak

Squeak

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Could MG still call up Jensen?? would love to see him play with JS and Kassian on the 2nd line.

He could.

But Jensen has said he will be staying in the SEL for the remainder of the season.
Posted Image

#167 Watsuko

Watsuko

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

Looks like Schroeder is gonna get a real good chance here

for some weird reason i think its AV saying this when i read your comment

#168 Watsuko

Watsuko

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

This almost smells like Gillman cap tactics. Are we getting Corey Perry ??

#169 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

If he's was actually training and staying in shape during the lockout rather than hunting he may not have hurt himself during physicals.

I was hoping Booth would have a good year

Wondering if He actually came to camp injured, and now claims injury to collect his full pay?
I am not sure Kesler is the Centre to fit his style, He needs to spend some time with a centre who gets likes to pass or a least shoot when he drives to the net. time for chemistry to develop. He is one of the few who will drive to the net and that is not a bad thing IMO

#170 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,639 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

We'll be glad we left Jensen in the SEL. He's developing well over there.

No point in rushing him out of desperation. That's about the worst thing a team can do.

This is where this team will just have to rely on its depth. I think people have been a little spoiled at how deep our teams have been. I mean, Higgins, Hansen, and Raymond would be second liners on alot of teams. Yet most people on here didn't even have Raymond penciled in on any line at the beggining of the season.

People also forget about how much this team gets offense out of it's D. Almost all of our D are capable of scoring. The offense is there.

Edited by DeNiro, 15 January 2013 - 06:02 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#171 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Gee willickers, sure am glad we have Schneids and LU to hold down the fort. 1-0 / 2-1 games anyone?

#172 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

Who cares? The OP is correct. Sometimes, guys just don't fit. Keith Ballard doesn't fit here, nor does David Booth.

When the trade was first made, a lot of people thought it to be very lopsided in our favour, but it was very clear that the goal of the transaction from the Panthers' perspective was to dump cap. This was not a hockey trade.

Booth can skate, but that's about the extent of his value. Not a sniper. Certainly not a leader. Certainly not a student of the game. I've said for a long time that I'd much rather have Raymond on my team than Booth, and I stand by that statement.

:lol: :lol:

The entire post was pretty comical but this was just the icing on the cake.

zackass.png

#173 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,639 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

Gee willickers, sure am glad we have Schneids and LU to hold down the fort. 1-0 / 2-1 games anyone?

You mean playoff style games?

If we're on the right side of those scores, I could care less.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#174 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Who cares? The OP is correct. Sometimes, guys just don't fit. Keith Ballard doesn't fit here, nor does David Booth.

When the trade was first made, a lot of people thought it to be very lopsided in our favour, but it was very clear that the goal of the transaction from the Panthers' perspective was to dump cap. This was not a hockey trade.

Booth can skate, but that's about the extent of his value. Not a sniper. Certainly not a leader. Certainly not a student of the game. I've said for a long time that I'd much rather have Raymond on my team than Booth, and I stand by that statement.

Raymond is the guy who broke his back being back into the boards with his head between some guys legs right?

Talk about under achievers... you keep Raymond, I keep Booth... I win everytime.
I Love Lamp...

#175 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

ohhh, so sammy salo didn't leave the nucks, he just became a forward.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#176 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

Losing Booth hurts, he's a fast skilled winger who can score. Saying he never really worked out here doesn't make a lot of sense, his personal life is his personal life. When Booth has been healthy he has been very useful. 4-6 weeks isn't too bad though, he will be back and fresh for the playoffs. Canucks have adequate forward depth, they will stay afloat.
Posted Image

#177 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Raymond's perimeter play doesn't fit the Canucks team either.

Just saying.

Hoping he changes that and doesn't always fall down after every other shift.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#178 Sick Hands

Sick Hands

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Our prospects wont get a shot with AV at the helm, it'll be Weise and Volpatti moved up the depth chart...sigh....

A Toast to Aquillini for getting Torterella.

An owner who knows what the people want.

That's entertainment.

#179 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,052 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

Our prospects wont get a shot with AV at the helm, it'll be Weise and Volpatti moved up the depth chart...sigh....

You obviously haven't seen Weise's numbers in the Dutch Leagues. Future Hart winner.

Posted Image

#180 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,506 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

For the positives, more cap room may = better team for the playoffs. Get a free agent and trade Lou.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.