The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Booth out 4 to 6 weeks

hockeyville88

Why's everyone panicking? Look at our team. We're still solid from the net on out. Yes, we lost some serious secondary scoring in Kesler and Booth. But to me, that just means we're going to be in a lot of close 1-goal games instead of blowing teams out.

From the net on out, we are rock solid. With either Schneider or Luongo in net and our defense healthy as it is now, we should not give up that many goals. Most nights, our goaltending and defense will keep us in games, and we can rely on the Sedins for 1 goal per game and on the occasion, more. Then it is up to 3 lines to get us 1 goal per game and when we need it, 2.

D Sedin - H Sedin - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Ebbett/Volpatti - Malhotra - Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Tanev

Barker/Alberts/Vandermeer

Luongo/Schneider

We're going to rely heavily on defense, goaltending and the Sedins to win the game. It's our system and the team working as a whole to follow that system that will win us games. We can easily be in contention without Kesler and Booth.

I am dissapointed that Booth got injured, I was expecting more from him this year. Especially with a center that maybe is puck distributor rather than a net crasher, maybe!

His religious conviction has no bearing into this discussion.

his hunting practice, to me , means he is probably eating healthier meat than non-hunters.( I personally prefer game meat , which means it has not been tainted by steroids/antibiotics and is typically way leaner in fat content)

Some of the crap on this board is unreal. Raising questions of his faith or off season rec activities. More than a few guys on the team are men of faith and lots hunt and fish.

As far as conditioning, AV himself said today it was likely a result of over training.

Booth goes hard to the net. Has a good shot. Fast skater. Fights. Takes the body.

He is a nice fit and similar to Kesler. I would take him over a lot of other pla y ers on our team.

Next Kes injuries will be revisited...

There will be more... Hammer and Kassian.

Don't understand why people are ripping on Booth for supposedly being out of shape. The man has a reputation for having an extremely high level of fitness. This wouldn't be his fault if it wasn't for the hunting and religion, which isn't any of our business to begin with. One of the main issues people have with organized religion is the intolerance pervasive throughout the fundamentalist movement; the people in this thread attacking the man for his beliefs are just as bad.

The guy uprooted himself away from his family in midseason last year, had some injury issues, and still worked his ass off for us. He had some bad luck last year with a centre who was having a brutal season hiding an injury.

Don't understand why people are ripping on Booth for supposedly being out of shape. The man has a reputation for having an extremely high level of fitness. This wouldn't be his fault if it wasn't for the hunting and religion, which isn't any of our business to begin with. One of the main issues people have with organized religion is the intolerance pervasive throughout the fundamentalist movement; the people in this thread attacking the man for his beliefs are just as bad.

The guy uprooted himself away from his family in midseason last year, had some injury issues, and still worked his ass off for us. He had some bad luck last year with a centre who was having a brutal season hiding an injury.

I said it in the last Booth thread, look at the silver linings people! Kassian will have a real shot at a top 6 wing spot, Schroeder could possibly fill in for Kesler while he's out, and between the 5m from Kesler and the 4.5m from Booth, we free up a prorated 9.5m to make a deadline splash. I'm a fan of our prospects and I really like the idea of giving them a shot..

Archived