255 replies to this topic

#241 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I don't have an issue with him as a player/ person. I think he has an attractive personality and I enjoy watching him as a Vancouver Canuck. He's an interesting person and if people are so offended by his off-the-ice life choices... that's kind of ridiculous. It's not like he's partying his a$$ off or whatever.

Unfortunate he'll be gone for so long. Hopefully the team can make it into the playoffs and then have a healthy Booth + Kesler to lead the charge.
Posted Image

#242 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

[quote name='gre10' timestamp='1358320867' post='11065267']
Wow.. people need to relax on this site. Booth got hurt. Players get hurt. Sh*t happens. The fact that people are wanting his head for getting injured is alarming to me. Some fans here need to give their ___ a tug and show some loyalty to this team. No wonder Luu wants to be traded.
[/quote]

I agree with your post,up until your last comment
I dont believe Roberto ever said he wants to be traded
I dont think it was his choice, the Team started to move towards Schneider, who is younger/cheaper and is a Canucks draft pick being groomed, and are hoping to get some good assets from dealing Luongo.
In the days of where there was no cap system, I believe the Canucks would be keeping both of them

Edited by ba;;isticsports, 16 January 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#243 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

I get so tired of having to hear Jason Botchford rip Booth all the time, he makes non-stop jokes about Booth's hunting on twitter, it is getting old.

Then he takes every opportunity to rip him and he did once again today on Studs and Duds.

Just getting tired of the guy's constant negativity towards certain players.

zackass.png

#244 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

Smashian, you don't 'have' to hear Botchford say or rip anything. It's your choice what media you consume.

#245 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

I get so tired of having to hear Jason Botchford rip Booth all the time, he makes non-stop jokes about Booth's hunting on twitter, it is getting old.

Then he takes every opportunity to rip him and he did once again today on Studs and Duds.

The guy is maybe old school and believes that rather than draw attention to himself and constantly be hammering out pish on social media sites Booth should start acting his age and remember who is paying his inflated salary.

Edited by Bodee, 17 January 2013 - 03:34 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#246 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

Life serves up some delicate ironies for those that wait.

#247 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,600 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

Pulled his groin during fitness testing?!?!?!?!

I'd say he failed that fitness test right there.

David Booth a jive turkey.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#248 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

The guy is maybe old school and believes that rather than draw attention to himself and constantly be hammering out pish on social media sites Booth should start acting his age and remember who is paying his inflated salary.

:lol:

How doesn't he??

Omg he hunts! no other grown men hunt! Why does he have to be such a child!

Not sure how he doesn't act his age, he treats our fans and organization with nothing but respect, I guess that same respect just can't be shown back though.

zackass.png

#249 ba;;isticsports

ba;;isticsports

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

I didnt realize that so many hockey fans were vegetarians !

I am not a big fan of people who pose in front of what they have killed with a gun
If they had done it, without weapons, or even out of self defence, I could understand the pose somewhat

Anyways, I for one dont care or get upset regarding his hunting exploits outside of Hockey
What I want to see him shoot, is more pucks in the Oppositions net !
Isn't that what every Canuck fan wants?

#250 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:11 PM

You do realize that the only player Botchford rips more than David Booth is Mason Raymond, don't you?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#251 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,846 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Aren't you living in Scotland? If he did some heroin and fried everything he killed he could probably still be one of your least wild neighbours.

#252 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,201 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:40 PM

Mason Raymond to the rescue!!!!!

LOL.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#253 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:59 PM

Nope.
I'm sorry but I respect people who own up to their shortcomings. When the defending Stanley Cup finalists and 2x Presidents Trophy winners are knocked out in the first round of the playoffs, I want to hear the team talk about what went wrong. I don't want players who tweet verses of the bible as explanations of how it is just a part of life.

Every other player admitted that they didn't play up to expectations. No one else was quoting scripture.

With a $4 million salary comes high expectations. When they are not met, I would hope that he could be a man and admit that he underperformed.

Here is a sampling of his tweets. Check out the comments everyone made in that thread:
http://forum.canucks...-twitter-today/

Hockeyville, Booth was quoting a former President according to your own post, not a Biblical authour like Moses or Paul. Pretty weak ploy to dump on Christians and the Bible, and not very factual for a mod.

Edited by WL Canuck Fan, 17 January 2013 - 11:15 PM.

Sig too big.

#254 WL Canuck Fan

WL Canuck Fan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

To those who are saying I have a problem with him being Christian:

That is the furthest thing from the truth. Malhotra, Hamhuis, and Luongo are also Christian and very religious and I think that's awesome. We don't know which other players are religious but, given the amount of pressure these guys are under on a daily basis, I think they'd be crazy not to turn to religion to keep them grounded.

Check out this video of Manny getting ready to go on the ice. When I saw it I thought it was great that he encorporates time for a quick prayer before practice:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPxtnb0vkF8

I am a goaltender. There is no way I would have survived the pressure of that position without some form of meditation or prayer or whatever else you want to call it. What do you think I'm doing in the net when our championship game goes to a shootout? I'm freaking praying my arse off!

I have issues with David Booth - his religious practices is not one of them

Then why call him to the mat and accuse him of qouting the Bible when he was quoting a President?
Sig too big.

#255 Miller32

Miller32

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

This sucks big time, Booth is one of my favorites to watch too! He's like a cheetah on the ice :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#256 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 70,471 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

@News1130Sports
Agent for #Canucks forward David Booth says his client is "frustrated" about his groin injury.

307mg00.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.