The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A reasonable soution to the Canucks

Recently we have learnt that Kesler and Booth will not be able to play for quite some time. We also have some serious offensive questions to answer, like for example is Kassian ready to play with the sedin? who should play on the second line during Kesler and Booths absence? and who should be the 3rd line center and 4h line center? Based upon what ive seen is that unless kassian has made serious strides of improvement over the year I do not think he should play alongside the sedins, we need to get off to a fast start so i think burrows is the intelligent option. I also beleive that to answer the 2nd line questions I would move Higgins to center which is where he played for some time in MTL, and i would play raymond at boothes spot and possibly a trade aquisition in the other wing spot. On the third line I think Lapierre has done more then enough to earn the green light to be a ble to center it. so i would play lappy at center and move kassian up and have hansen on the otherside. and for the fourth i would have Manny "heart,respect" Malhotra with Weise, Volpatti and a trade aquisition. Jumping to who we should aquire in the LU to T.O deal i would say Kulemin,biggs,Schrivens,,6th. The d looks fine and i would look to sign a goaltender.

My lines would look ike this

Sedins-Burrows

Kulemin-Higgins-Raymond

Hansen-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Future prospects=Biggs,Jensen,Schroder,Gaunce

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Barker-Vandermeer

*If Ballard,Booth do not play up to par trade them or buy them out

Schneider-Lack

Recently we have learnt that Kesler and Booth will not be able to play for quite some time. We also have some serious offensive questions to answer, like for example is Kassian ready to play with the sedin? who should play on the second line during Kesler and Booths absence? and who should be the 3rd line center and 4h line center? Based upon what ive seen is that unless kassian has made serious strides of improvement over the year I do not think he should play alongside the sedins, we need to get off to a fast start so i think burrows is the intelligent option. I also beleive that to answer the 2nd line questions I would move Higgins to center which is where he played for some time in MTL, and i would play raymond at boothes spot and possibly a trade aquisition in the other wing spot. On the third line I think Lapierre has done more then enough to earn the green light to be a ble to center it. so i would play lappy at center and move kassian up and have hansen on the otherside. and for the fourth i would have Manny "heart,respect" Malhotra with Weise, Volpatti and a trade aquisition. Jumping to who we should aquire in the LU to T.O deal i would say Kulemin,biggs,Schrivens,,6th. The d looks fine and i would look to sign a goaltender.

Sedins-Burrows

Kulemin-Higgins-Raymond

Hansen-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Barker-Vandermeer

Schneider-Lack

shouldnt this be in the proposals section. its more of a proposal to trade Lu and solve our injury troubles than anything. and BTW thats a bad trade. Kulemin was garbage last year, scrivens is not even as good as lack, biggs is promising and the 6th is useless.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Ebbett

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Tanev

Vandermeer

Schnieder

Luongo

I don't think there's any way Luongo can stay with how weak that forward lineup looks. Can't believe I actually pencilled Raymond in. :sick:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Raymond - Ebbett - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Wiese - Malhotra - Volpatti

I think this may be what we see to start. If, and its a big if, Kassian plays well in the first couple games swap him and Burrows. This would only be about balance. I could also see Raymond and Higgins swap places if Raymond doesn't produce quickly.

I think the D are set. The only question is who is sent down to the Wolves.

Loungo will be a Canuck on Saturday. MG will wait a couple weeks to see who is weak in goal and who offers the best value.

I personally think that we should keep both goalies and give them equal playing time this season. Make the decision at or before the deadline. I just dont think that Luongo is to blame for the problems plaguing this team. You need to score goals to win. Start addressing the lack of scoring and go from there.

I personally think that we should keep both goalies and give them equal playing time this season. Make the decision at or before the deadline. I just dont think that Luongo is to blame for the problems plaguing this team. You need to score goals to win. Start addressing the lack of scoring and go from there.

Sedins-Burrows

Kulemin-Higgins-Raymond

Hansen-Lapierre-Kassian

Volpatti-Manny-Weise

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Barker-Vandermeer

Schneider-Lack

The reasonable thing to do would be to KEEP Luongo, who is an all-star calibur goalie, and not throw all our eggs in 1 basket in hopes that Schneider can even play a half season or more and keep his level of play up. The only thing he's proven so far is that he's a good backup. My confidence is still with Lu, 9 out of 10 games, and if you're one of the many throwing him under the bus, then you are an ignorant fool easily swayed by the media.

Archived