Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckster19

[Speculation] Gomez

53 posts in this topic

Well he's going to be bought out, Booth and Kesler are gone, he's from Alaska and played junior here, I just don't see how he doesn't end up a Canuck, I'm on the fence about it, but I'm giving it a C-5.

Honeslty, i would give him a try for sure. Given he's making 7M from a buyout im sure he would accept a 700K contract to make a name for himself on a cup contending team with a need at center.

No brainer for all parties IMO..

$900,000.00 Two-way deal with a few bonuses thrown in there to actually motivate a guy who has had NO reason to be motivated since signed his last contract. Hard to lose on that type of contract.

I think both sides would agree to a 1 year, $1 million-$1.5 million contract.

Not a fan of Gomez but we might be in the position where he could be the best/only option if a trade does not happen.

NO WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I hope the Canucks STAY away from Gomez.

If he becomes a Canuck, I'll face palm myself so hard I'll give myself a concusion.

If there's a better option out there that doesn't involve negative value in a Luongo trade I'm all ears.

Didn't you see the amount of exclamation points in his post? He is correct.

As for Gomez, as already stated, 700k-1M on a 1 year deal is low risk.

Give him a contract similar to Torres for a chance to prove himself, he would be a good temporary centreman till Gaunce is ready to step in. Anything over 2m is no thanks.

I wonder if New Jersey offers him a deal just to see if he can recapture his old form. Gotta think he'd jump on that no matter what.

With that said, I wouldn't be against it if we could get him cheap. I just think he'll have more interest league-wide than expected without that bloated contract.

Only on a cheap 2 way contract.

I certainly agree with you that anything above that amount is too much, I think people underestimate him though, I think his downfall is the product of playing in the East, I wouldn't be surprised if his game is more suitable to the West, especially his speed.

I actually think Gomez would slot perfect in the 2nd line center, once Kesler and Booth are back. Gomez has been still really damn good entering the zone, protecting the puck, and still has pretty good vision and speed. With the pressure off, i think there is a probability that he will regain his scoring touch. Not to say, he'll be the 80 point guy again, but if he goes anywhere near 40-50, on the 2nd line. He'll be worth it, since he'll be around 1-2 Million.

Honestly think more teams should be interested. Though, it makes more sense for him to go back to New Jersey.

True, but I wouldn't gamble and spend $2M+ on a guy who potted 2 goals in half a season (2011/2012).

The guy was never known for scoring goals. He had 33 one year and never above 19 every other year. He's still an real effective passer, if he has guys that can shoot the puck next to him. If Kesler, Booth, Raymond all continue to be shooters, it would make a lot of sense to have Gomez pass it to them. We've been needing a actual play maker for a while now.

People are going to laugh at me :-(

I think the most important thing about Gomez is his playoff performances. The guy always performs in key situations, and knows how to win.

Honestly? I think Gomez is trash.

However, I'm not the GM of this team (thank god), and I know Gillis will do what he feels right for the situation - so if we do have Gillis sign Gomez, I'm not going to bitch about it.