Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What are the Canucks doing to say sorry ?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Shotgun

Johnny Shotgun

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Here in Flamers land they've announced 50% off merchandise until the end of the first game, 50% off concessions for the first 2 games (alcohol not included), and the 50/50 draw is a minimum of 100K for the first 2 games as well. Practises this week have been open with free hotdogs, popcorn, and pop.
No one escapes my blast!

#2 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

They should pull at page out of the BP playbook.

Posted Image

#3 hockeyislife4

hockeyislife4

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,455 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

More like giving the fans a middle finger by keeping ticket prices the same.

The owners know in this market the fans will crawl back if the lockout goes on for 8 years, so why bother.
Posted Image

Hockey IS life. Well, you must take the game very seriously.. a dedicated work ethic and a never-ending commitment to the game:

I think that Steve Yzerman would be a good fit for you.

#4 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,054 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

Extra ketchup on the $7.00 hotdogs.

#5 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Not a Gaw dammed ting

#6 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

The owners know in this market the fans will crawl back if the lockout goes on for 8 years, so why bother.

There are three games including the first one that has cheaper prices.

No videos in sig please. 

#7 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,746 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:16 PM

They should be doing something like what the Panthers are apparently doing:

- $7.00 a ticket
- Free parking
- Something like a free jersey with the purchase of a ticket

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 15 January 2013 - 07:16 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#8 JordanEberle

JordanEberle

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

$1 dollar hot dogs.

Everything is fixed.
Posted Image
Credit: Garrett-6

#9 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

- $7.00 a ticket
- Free parking

It's a free jersey with the purchase of season tickets.

Edited by Stefan, 15 January 2013 - 07:47 PM.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#10 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

That's 7$ us avg per game if you are buying season's tix.

7 x 24games = 168$ us! Includes parking, and a jersey!!!!

We pay 168$ cdn for 1 jersey!!!!!! Free season's tix with purchase of a jersey?! SHWEEEEEET!

Said I think I'm losin my mind this time....

#11 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,502 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Um the News yesterday said their jerseys/merch for the first 3 games will be 50% off. Wake up and pay attention!!11
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#12 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

That's 7$ us avg per game if you are buying season's tix.

7 x 24games = 168$ us! Includes parking, and a jersey!!!!

We pay 168$ cdn for 1 jersey!!!!!! Free season's tix with purchase of a jersey?! SHWEEEEEET!

Said I think I'm losin my mind this time....

You're losing your mind over the concept of supply and demand?
People want to go see Canucks games, people don't care for panthers games.

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#13 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

The Canucks don't owe you anything, stop crying like you have done something to deserve it.

Posted Image

#14 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

- $7.00 a ticket
- Free parking

Even with those great deals, people will continue to not show up at Panther games.

#15 ronthecivil

ronthecivil

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,295 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

For seasons ticket holders they have graciously given us the opportunity to "move up" (aka give them way more money to sit in the expensive sections they are having trouble selling) for a great chance to sit in premium seats!

Woo hoo!

If I wanted to sit in the lower bowl it's not like there's a lack of them available. The hardest seats to get are the ones right at the price breaks in the upper bowl where the view of the game is often far superior to the tickets that cost triple the price they are offering to "upgrade" me too.

:sadno:

#16 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

The Canucks don't owe you anything, stop crying like you have done something to deserve it.

right they owe the fans nothing. Who needs those silly fans anyways. I'm sure the owners could keep paying the players millions without fans buying tickets and merch right?
Play Clash on Clans on your phone? Join the CDC Clan "angrycanuck".

"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

CDC's 2014 draft preferences vs. Canucks actual picks
http://forum.canucks...g-2014-edition/

#17 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

An apology would be nice, some discounts would be too, but none of that is going to stop me from enjoying the product. They don't "owe" me anything, I didn't lose anything over the last 4 months. I just hope the staff who really lost out are being treated the right way.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#18 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

right they owe the fans nothing. Who needs those silly fans anyways. I'm sure the owners could keep paying the players millions without fans buying tickets and merch right?

They owe us a quality product that is worth our money. If they don't give us that, then revenues will decrease. That is the relationship the fans have with the team.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#19 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Um the News yesterday said their jerseys/merch for the first 3 games will be 50% off. Wake up and pay attention!!11

Only for people at the game - at least that is what the staff at the team store told me. Not the general public which is what upsets me. Your average canuck fan will not make it to any game, let alone the first 3...which sold out in under 1 hour. ALL fans suffered the same, yet only the fortunate extreme minority get any kind of tolken appologetic gesture. Pens have 50% off merch all day long for the first 4 games...not just for ticket holders. Canucks have some open practices...neat but really a nothing gesture. Discounted food at said games...BFD. Would have loved to have picked up some new logo gear at a discount. It would have made me feel a little better after losing so much of something I love so much. I am fortunate enough to watch or listen to every game and follow the team closely but rarely get to go to a game. I feel I got a big middle finger from the organization. Love the players, go canucks go and all that...but to canucks org...EFF EWE!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#20 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Only for people at the game - at least that is what the staff at the team store told me. Not the general public which is what upsets me. Your average canuck fan will not make it to any game, let alone the first 3...which sold out in under 1 hour. ALL fans suffered the same, yet only the fortunate extreme minority get any kind of tolken appologetic gesture. Pens have 50% off merch all day long for the first 4 games...not just for ticket holders. Canucks have some open practices...neat but really a nothing gesture. Discounted food at said games...BFD. Would have loved to have picked up some new logo gear at a discount. It would have made me feel a little better after losing so much of something I love so much. I am fortunate enough to watch or listen to every game and follow the team closely but rarely get to go to a game. I feel I got a big middle finger from the organization. Love the players, go canucks go and all that...but to canucks org...EFF EWE!

Soooo...either I was misinformed or they changed the deal. I was just told by a gent at the store at the arena that it will be 50% off everything in the team store all day long on game day, not just during the game for ticket holders. This is not what I was originally told by team store staff. That said...THANK YOU VERY MUCH CANUCKS ORG! Looking forward to Saturday!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#21 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:00 AM

Soooo...either I was misinformed or they changed the deal. I was just told by a gent at the store at the arena that it will be 50% off everything in the team store all day long on game day, not just during the game for ticket holders. This is not what I was originally told by team store staff. That said...THANK YOU VERY MUCH CANUCKS ORG! Looking forward to Saturday!

What about the fans that can't afford gas to drive downtown? What about the fans that live over seas?

Obviously they can't cater to everyone. They didn't even have to do this, so enjoy it if you can. I won't be able to take advantage of it, but I'm OK with that. Just give me a quality product worth spending my money on, and I won't spend a penny less than I would have otherwise.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#22 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:15 AM

Wow. I'm kind of taken aback by the sense of entitlement here.
The fans are important, it's true, but that relationship is on a transaction by transaction basis. At the end of the game you attended, the contract is over. If you see an exceptionally entertaining game, the league/teams don't come to you and say "well' you only paid $100, and that was one of the best games the Canucks have ever played, so you owe us another $63". Conversely, if you go to a really boring game, you don't go to the owners/team and say" I paid $100 for that game, and it was one of the worst games the team has ever played. You owe me $47. Or an apology. Or a $1.00 hotdog".
If a season is truncated, and you have not bought anything, you are not owed anything.
And yet the teams always have a fan appreciation day, usually several. They give money to local charities. The NHL has fan appreciation days. Etc, etc, etc. The league, the teams, the owners, and the players all do a lot to give back to the communities they play for, because they know they are fortunate to be where they are. Is it really necessary to act like a bunch of spoilt children and scream from the rooftops "You owe us! We made you!" ?
What a bunch of ninnies.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#23 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,034 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

canucks don't have to do anything as long as they sell out games.. there is like 6+ yrs wait for season tickets..

#24 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:35 PM

I don't agree with reduced ticket prices in the Canuck's situation. There is a big demand for them and people are willing to pay. In reducing them, this just encourages scalpers to monopolize the tickets and resell them and "they" pocket the profit not the Canucks organization and not charities. They could have kept the same ticket prices as the general public are willing to pay anyways and for the first 3 games donate a percentage of ticket sales to charities. Discounted merchandise for the general public could be appreciated by all fans. $1 for hot dog and drinks...great deal. $1 off hot dog and drinks...weak offer and pointless/meaningless.

Edited by Mauii, 17 January 2013 - 12:51 PM.

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#25 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

Bahahahahaha. Seriously, Bahahahahah.Nhl sucks and will continue to suck until the owners and players realize where their paychecques come from. $hit rolls down hill, and the fans are up to their chins in it yet are begging for more. :picard:
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#26 Goalscorer

Goalscorer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Toronto didn't have to do anything either...but they did.

http://mapleleafs.nh...vid=DL|TOR|home

#27 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Wow. I'm kind of taken aback by the sense of entitlement here.
The fans are important, it's true, but that relationship is on a transaction by transaction basis. At the end of the game you attended, the contract is over. If you see an exceptionally entertaining game, the league/teams don't come to you and say "well' you only paid $100, and that was one of the best games the Canucks have ever played, so you owe us another $63". Conversely, if you go to a really boring game, you don't go to the owners/team and say" I paid $100 for that game, and it was one of the worst games the team has ever played. You owe me $47. Or an apology. Or a $1.00 hotdog".
If a season is truncated, and you have not bought anything, you are not owed anything.
And yet the teams always have a fan appreciation day, usually several. They give money to local charities. The NHL has fan appreciation days. Etc, etc, etc. The league, the teams, the owners, and the players all do a lot to give back to the communities they play for, because they know they are fortunate to be where they are. Is it really necessary to act like a bunch of spoilt children and scream from the rooftops "You owe us! We made you!" ?
What a bunch of ninnies.

So true. Don't like it? Then don't watch. If I don't like Apple products because they are over priced I don't go to the Apple store and demand they give me something for free. Only if you bought tickets and the game is cancelled then they owe you something because you made a purchase but to the people who want something for free even though they didn't make any purchase, you need to get over your entitlement complex.

#28 - PikaBOO -

- PikaBOO -

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Win us a cup :P

#29 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:47 PM

$1 dollar hotdogs is nice. What would've been better is if they slashed the price of the beer in half, which would still be a ripoff but better nonetheless. Personally I dont care what they do, I cant make it to any games this year, I'm just ecstatic that I'll have something to watch on TV again. It's been a long and boring winter thus far.

#30 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,743 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

- $7.00 a ticket
- Free parking

Do they give out free players with season ticket purchases too?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.