#1 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Renaud Lavoie @RenLavoieRDS
From my blog: #canucks Maxim Lapierre gained 20 pounds of muscle during the lockout. He'll be way more stronger on the ice.

GOOGLE TRANSLATE:

The first thing you notice crossing Maxim Lapierre is that it is really tough. Not that he was not before, but it took lockout to make 20 pounds of muscle. Yes 20 pounds!
In fact, it took 28 pounds at one point, but decided to lose 8 because they had trouble handling the puck well. Now his weight is 220 pounds and it feels very strong on the ice.
Why did you decide to take as much weight? I met him in the locker Canucks and his answer is interesting. "I thought I could squeeze my opponents easily. But now it is no longer the case and the big difference will be when I'll cut to the net. "
Obviously, it has been able to gain as much weight, it is thanks to lockout. In a normal season, the players have only three months in the summer to build muscle mass. "I hired a nutritionist, because it is not really my training that I've changed, but my nutrition. I had to eat more protein. When I say more, it's really much more. At such a point to be honest, it is not the training that I found difficult, but eat. "
Maxim Lapierre become an unrestricted free agent in July and he had put the odds on his side.
MORE MATURE IN HER GAME
For Canucks, it is not the physical Maxim Lapierre concern Alain Vigneault, but what to do on the ice. And the request of the coach is very clear.
"We want Maxim is more focused after the whistle and he stops talking to the opponent. We will never complain of his desire and his intensity as a match to the training. "
Alex Burrows is also a fan of Maxim Lapierre. "I can tell you that even if he gained weight, he skates as well. When confident with the puck, it can be the most dangerous player on the ice. This is an underrated player in my opinion. Now he will play the role under stirring and the guys love it a lot here. He found his niche. "
BURROWS DOES NOT INTEND TO STOP
The career of Alex Burrows is not trivial. It is found on the first line of the Canucks, who was never drafted and spent three full seasons in the East Coast League.
So he has never taken anything for granted and always has been forced to prove. This season, his salary is $ 2 million, but it has a 4 year contract in his pocket that will bring him 4.5 million per season, in the month of October.
Now he has a real financial security, he will find it difficult to motivate yourself? "Not at all, he said. I'll keep the same attitude and no question of changing attitudes. I look at young people who arrive and they have more hands, they are stronger and faster. I want to stay with the Sedin twins, so this is my biggest motivation. "
Hard not to love a player like Alex Burrows is a good example for all young players in Quebec.

http://translate.goo...s/153156/public

Edited by Strombone1, 15 January 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Commissioner of 2014-2015 Shapheat Fantasy Hockey League

Player of the Game - Wall of Fame
2014-15 GDT Registrations

#2 Flying Man

Flying Man

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

POPULAR

MORE MATURE IN HER GAME

(s)he also got a gender change?

Edited by Flying Man, 15 January 2013 - 06:54 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

He also got a gender change?

yes apparently so.

#4 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Is Lappy an it, a her, or a Canuck?

#5 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,517 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Roidz

MessiSig.jpg

Credit to: MrNHLFanatic

#6 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Is Lappy an it, a her, or a Canuck?

Lappy can be whatever you like :bigblush:

Edited by Strombone1, 15 January 2013 - 06:58 PM.

#7 Watsuko

Watsuko

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

She is all Canuck lol

#8 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

I like Lappy. Love his determnation - if he's actually stronger to go with the bigger, he'll be hard to handle.

#9 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Didn't Lappy bulk up last year too?

#10 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:04 PM

Last year, no-one tried to pick a fight with Lappy in the last half of the season .. he learned to fight as well .. he could be our "missing power forward" .. I am optimistic .. if he comes to play, he will be getting a good contract .. much to play for ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#11 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Look at his shoulders and his biceps :o dayumm

He's gonna be a beast, his fighting is getting better aswell.

Posted Image

#12 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Last year, no-one tried to pick a fight with Lappy in the last half of the season .. he learned to fight as well .. he could be our "missing power forward" .. I am optimistic .. if he comes to play, he will be getting a good contract .. much to play for ..

it's a contract year. we need someone to step up and I think it very well could be Lappy.

Edited by Strombone1, 15 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

#13 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,639 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

There's a reason why Lapierre was a second rounder in the deep 2003 draft.

He's more than a third line grinder. Maybe this is his opportunity to show what he can do offensively.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#14 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

If he actually gained 20 pounds of pure muscle, there's some roiding going on there. But 10 pounds of muscle isn't out of the question.
Posted Image

#15 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

If he actually gained 20 pounds of pure muscle, there's some roiding going on there. But 10 pounds of muscle isn't out of the question.

The article actually says he gained 28 originally but had to cut down to 20 so he could control the puck better

#16 Stefan

Stefan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

"Way more stronger"

gallery_9059_470_12899.jpg

(1 Peter 2:18)

Slaves, be subject to your masters with all reverence, not only to those who are good and equitable but also to those who are perverse.

#17 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

POPULAR

It's been 268 days since the last Canucks game vs the Kings.

thats roughly 38 weeks.

If you push yourself and stay on top of your diet and routine you can easily gain +1.5 lbs/week. so hypothetically he could've gained 57 lbs of muscle during the lockout. WITHOUT ROIDS

Edited by Strombone1, 15 January 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#18 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

There's a reason why Lapierre was a second rounder in the deep 2003 draft.

He's more than a third line grinder. Maybe this is his opportunity to show what he can do offensively.

This "lost season" may be the very chance some of the "fringe" players need to find their place .. I think Hansen has another level .. if he and Lappy both found the next groove, we will be a hard team to play against .. especially with Jimmy V. policing his own end .. Ballard and Jim could be dangerous ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#19 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

(s)he also got a gender change?

Gotta love Google Translate.

#20 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,972 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

thats roughly 38 weeks.

If you push yourself and stay on top of your diet and routine you can easily gain +2 lbs/week. so hypothetically he could've gained 57 lbs of muscle during the lockout. WITHOUT ROIDS

Nice broscience.

Even with good genetics, ain't nobody gaining 57 pounds of lean muscle even in a whole year. Impossible. Especially not a 27 year old who's probably been hitting weights since he was 14. Not naturally at least.

And I doubt he was training the whole time since the Kings game, we know he went on a trip to Alaska with Bieksa, he probably spent time enjoying the summer too. To gain 20 pounds of lean muscle in under a year when you've already been training for at least a decade...you'd have to have really good genetics/steroids and a strict regime and diet specifically for the purpose of bulking and nothing else.

I'm not doubting he's made some gains. I'm quite happy to hear of his dedication. But I'm certain he hasn't put on 20 pounds of muscle naturally in such a short span of time.

EDIT: to clear things up, I'm not accusing Lappy of juicing, I'm just pointing out that 20 lbs lean muscle in 9 months given the circumstances isn't possible without a boost (or maybe Lappy is going through puberty, who knows :lol:). I don't doubt he trained his ass off and put on some muscle, but even putting 10 pounds of muscle on is pushing it. He's worked hard and gained some mass, and I look forward to seeing how he performs.

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 16 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

Posted Image

#21 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

who wrote that article? A downsie highschool kid? Please tell me it was just horribly translated from somewhere...

Posted Image

#22 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,672 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Glad to hear that. He got bounced from Montreal and Anaheim to Vancouver due to personality problems and a case of grandiosity. I like how he's refined his thinking so that it's team-first, and he's putting in the effort to make sure that he's ready come Jan 19.

#23 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

thats roughly 38 weeks.

If you push yourself and stay on top of your diet and routine you can easily gain +1.5 lbs/week. so hypothetically he could've gained 57 lbs of muscle during the lockout. WITHOUT ROIDS

......if it were that easy to gain 20lbs of muscle WITHOUT ROIDS why aren't every other player in the NHL doing the same? I think your numbers of 1.5lbs/week are a bit off too
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#24 Strombone1

Strombone1

GDT Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

......if it were that easy to gain 20lbs of muscle WITHOUT ROIDS why aren't every other player in the NHL doing the same? I think your numbers of 1.5lbs/week are a bit off too

if it was easy to give up everything and become a handsome billionaire, then everybody would.

#25 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

You can really see the difference from an older photo to the current Lappy!

Posted Image
Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-01-15 at 6.47.35 PM.png   256.05KB   59 downloads

#26 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,354 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

Lappy has become a man! .. I am stoked .. go figure .. he could become a real leader .. I sure am happy with our "core" .. as people .. now they need to take it to the ice and dominate ..

#27 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Nice broscience.

Even with good genetics, ain't nobody gaining 57 pounds of lean muscle even in a whole year. Impossible. Especially not a 27 year old who's probably been hitting weights since he was 14. Not naturally at least.

And I doubt he was training the whole time since the Kings game, we know he went on a trip to Alaska with Bieksa, he probably spent time enjoying the summer too. To gain 20 pounds of lean muscle in under a year when you've already been training for decades...you'd have to have really good genetics/steroids and a strict regime and diet specifically for the purpose of bulking and nothing else.

I'm not doubting he's made some gains. I'm quite happy to hear of his dedication. But I'm certain he hasn't put on 20 pounds of muscle naturally in such a short span of time.

I'm not trying to say it's really all muscle, but I bet he was putting so much protiens in his body that gaining mostly muscle in his 28 pounds he put on, wouldn't be crazy. I know when I was hitting the gym, after not training for 3 months lets say and going solidly in the gym for 4-5 months I'd lose 5 pounds then gain roughly ten about every year I trained.
Posted Image

#28 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

A natural body builder would tell you you might gain approximately 10-12 lbs of pure muscle A YEAR, and that's if you're on a strict diet and workout program.

I would say 20lbs is a bit off unless there's some stuff we don't know about.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#29 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Speaking of gaining muscle, look at the beefiness of Volpatti in this flick (far left). Those tear drops are absurd!

Posted Image

#30 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,544 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Hope he's not Armstronging. 20 lbs? Hmmmmm, don't know about this.

Anyhow, I don't trust information that comes from someone who states "he'll be way more stronger".

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.