The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Renaud: Lappy gained 20 lbs. of muscle

Strombone1

It's been 268 days since the last Canucks game vs the Kings.

thats roughly 38 weeks.

If you push yourself and stay on top of your diet and routine you can easily gain +1.5 lbs/week. so hypothetically he could've gained 57 lbs of muscle during the lockout. WITHOUT ROIDS

Nice broscience.

Even with good genetics, ain't nobody gaining 57 pounds of lean muscle even in a whole year. Impossible. Especially not a 27 year old who's probably been hitting weights since he was 14. Not naturally at least.

And I doubt he was training the whole time since the Kings game, we know he went on a trip to Alaska with Bieksa, he probably spent time enjoying the summer too. To gain 20 pounds of lean muscle in under a year when you've already been training for decades...you'd have to have really good genetics/steroids and a strict regime and diet specifically for the purpose of bulking and nothing else.

I'm not doubting he's made some gains. I'm quite happy to hear of his dedication. But I'm certain he hasn't put on 20 pounds of muscle naturally in such a short span of time.

Nice broscience.

Even with good genetics, ain't nobody gaining 57 pounds of lean muscle even in a whole year. Impossible. Especially not a 27 year old who's probably been hitting weights since he was 14. Not naturally at least.

And I doubt he was training the whole time since the Kings game, we know he went on a trip to Alaska with Bieksa, he probably spent time enjoying the summer too. To gain 20 pounds of lean muscle in under a year when you've already been training for decades...you'd have to have really good genetics/steroids and a strict regime and diet specifically for the purpose of bulking and nothing else.

I'm not doubting he's made some gains. I'm quite happy to hear of his dedication. But I'm certain he hasn't put on 20 pounds of muscle naturally in such a short span of time.

Archived