The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Michael Grabner EC VSV Highlights [2012-2013]

Dazzle

Not my video.

There is music in the background that I have never heard of - I guess it's a nice touch?

URL:

I like Ballard but this trade was brutal, especially having to give up the 25th pick which turned out to be Gudbranson Howden (Jagermeister correctly pointed this out), which Gillis is/was rumoured to be trying to snag from Florida.

Late edit: My hockey memory is clearly on the decline.

The only thing he was notorious for at that point was not having good training camps. We certainly found out after about his talent level, and that only after he decided to change his ways when he was waived by the Panthers after another bad camp with them.

Hindsight's 20/20 and even then it might have been bad for us.

I haven't heard that song since NHL2003?

Anyways, I'm still mad at management to this day that we let Grabner go. I was furious when the trade happened, and that we let go a potential superstar (he then went on to score 34 goals). I loved his speed, and he had amazing chemistry with Raymond and Kesler in their short stint together. He's still one of my favourite players in this league and it looks like he was doing well in the Swiss league.

Go Grabs!

You realize that league is about on par with the ECHL right?

Anyways, the Canucks went to the finals that season, and Grabner was put on waivers. I think we did alright.

Say what you want about Ballard, but he did give us the depth that allowed us to win the president's trophy. And Grabner in our top 6 means we wouldn't be going very far in the playoffs. There was no place for him on this team. Management made a decision to trade an asset for depth on D, and it paid off.

I don't miss either of the players we traded. The only way I see it as a bad trade is if Howden turns into anything more than a 3rd liner, which I don't think he will.

You realize that league is about on par with the ECHL right?

Anyways, the Canucks went to the finals that season, and Grabner was put on waivers. I think we did alright.

Say what you want about Ballard, but he did give us the depth that allowed us to win the president's trophy. And Grabner in our top 6 means we wouldn't be going very far in the playoffs. There was no place for him on this team. Management made a decision to trade an asset for depth on D, and it paid off.

I don't miss either of the players we traded. The only way I see it as a bad trade is if Howden turns into anything more than a 3rd liner, which I don't think he will.

Yea, I'm sure with Kesler, Samuelsson, and Raymond injured, Grabner would have just stepped up and been our saviour :lol:

Sorry, but Grabner wouldn't be getting breakaway passes against Boston's extremely stingy defense. Even if Grabner brought one more goal per game, it would still not have been enough in the games we lost.

Archived