The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo outplays Schneider?

yogolol

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So what if we don't trade Luongo and he ends up outplaying Schneider, kind of like a reverse of what happened last year. In this situation would you rather keep Luongo and trade Schneider (who would probably get us a better return) or keep Schneider because he's younger, can only get better, he's also cheaper. I personally don't think this is going to happen, but it would be very confusing for canucks management if it did.

Is this:

a.) Luongo in one of his "typical slow starts" (as per another thread in this forum) outplaying Schneider, or is it

b.) Luongo playing amazingly well and Schneider also playing amazingly well, but Luongo is playing that little bit better (kind of like last season)?

These are two completely different scenarios.

regards,

G.

All am hoping is that Cory doesn't become another Steve Mason...I was looking at both goalies stats after 68 games of their careers in the NHL and they are very close to eachother.Mason played infront a very bad team compared to the Canucks and now we know what has happened to him since his become more less a back up and now has a .500 record....I would keep Lu and trade Cory.Stat wise Cory has started only 56 games out of the 68 regular season games. And atleast I know Lu can take us to the finals with Cory we lost in the 1st round....LU all the way.

Steve Mason's record after 68 NHL games: 68 (w)38 (L)23 - (SOL)7

(Mins)4124 (GA)167 (SO)10 (GAA)2.29

(SV%).925

Cory's Stats after 68 NHL games: 68 (w)38 (L)17 — (SOL)4 (Mins)3639 (GA)136 (SO)4 (GAA)2.24 (SV%).928

All am hoping is that Cory doesn't become another Steve Mason...I was looking at both goalies stats after 68 games of their careers in the NHL and they are very close to eachother.Mason played infront a very bad team compared to the Canucks and now we know what has happened to him since his become more less a back up and now has a .500 record....I would keep Lu and trade Cory.

Steve Mason's record after 68 NHL games: 68 (w)38 (L)23 - (SOL)7

(Mins)4124 (GA)167 (SO)10 (GAA)2.29

(SV%).925

Cory's Stats after 68 NHL games: 68 (w)38 (L)17 — (SOL)4 (Mins)3639 (GA)136 (SO)4 (GAA)2.24 (SV%).928

Archived