The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo outplays Schneider?

yogolol

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I hope they both win a cup with us this year splitting games 2 or 3 at a time and then schneids wins the final game in the finals so we know he's go it. Lu gets a cup in Van like he deserves and then moves on to be a star somewhere else and we pick up good players and meet Lu'd team in the finals the next season! Drama!!!

He may want a trade now, but if he does outplay Schneider (which I believe to be a distinct possibility, especially once Schneider feels the pressure of carrying an entire city and once Luongo starts playing with absolutely no pressure on him and nothing to lose) he will become the starter once again which is all Luongo wants.

All Lu wants is to play, and if he wins the starting position he'll be happy to play here. In that case I don't think MG moves anyone yet, Luongo would really have to play lights-out hockey for Schneider to be dealt but either way we free up 4 or 5 million cap space for a decent top-6 forward for the playoff run.

What has Cory done lately? Well, he gave us an excellent opportunity to get past the Kings last playoffs. Fans can actually say with a straight face that scoring was a problem when Cory was in goal because the games were actually within reach, unlike with Luongo every playoffs.

"Lu took us to the Finals"? He "took" a Presidents Trophy winning team to the Finals? As far as I recall Luongo was solid against Nashville and San Jose and for the rest of it he was on and off, he didn't put the team on his back and "take" them there.

Dude you have a short memory as well - remember we couldn't score goals. It was a whole team loss not to mention that LA basically beat everyone very cleanly and efficiently.

This is life and anything can happen. I would not be surprised come playoffs if Lu ended up being between the pipes for some reason.

He may want a trade now, but if he does outplay Schneider (which I believe to be a distinct possibility, especially once Schneider feels the pressure of carrying an entire city and once Luongo starts playing with absolutely no pressure on him and nothing to lose) he will become the starter once again which is all Luongo wants.

All Lu wants is to play, and if he wins the starting position he'll be happy to play here. In that case I don't think MG moves anyone yet, Luongo would really have to play lights-out hockey for Schneider to be dealt but either way we free up 4 or 5 million cap space for a decent top-6 forward for the playoff run.

We keep them both and win a cup this year finally we have the best goalie tandem in the league with two of the best elite goaltendersout there. We rotate them on and off equally and give schneider more of a shot than he has had in previous years to shine and see what he can really do. We will have a great chance of winning every game with either of them between the pipes and by the time the playoffs come around the rest of our team should b healthy barring any more setbacks or injuries and we can have a legitimate shot at taking the cup this year as long as we can score when it counts which has been this teams real problem along with sloppy drag ass defense at times. This whole thing wasnt solely luongos fault he is just the easiest one to point a finger at and blame for the teams fall out in other areas a lot of you "fans" out there and i say that loosely are so quick to hang luongo out to dry after everything he has done for this team u bring up how horrible he was in the finals against boston but never say a word about the two amazing shutouts in the very same series its seriously rediculous. When was the last time the canucks won a presidents trophy without luongo busting his ass all year playing huge numbers of games throughout the season? O yea none let alone two back to back he has been a work horse for the team and just how he has handled all this horrible treatment from "fans" and constant badgering from media without flipping out and saying fu** vancouver and all the jackasses here shows just how much of a stand up guy he really is after all of this he still still wants the best for the team and whatever that may b he is willing to do. Now saying all ofbthat i am also a huge schneider fan hes a great young goaltender that will b elite for years to come there is absolutely no doubt about that. Now i know that we can not keep both of them after this season unless somehow they would both agree to a time share which im almost positive would not work out I say we win the cup this year and let schneider play like we know he can and then trade him for a much higher return than we could get for luongo its obvious how many teams would b thowing offers at us for him and we should take advantage of that and really pick up some key pieces that we really need to move forward with this team in the future. Luongo had got a lot left in his tank and we should show him the respect that he has shown all of us as fans and stick behind him like we did when we signed his contract a few years ago and pick up a few great prospects along the way in a trade involving schneids.

Archived