Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What if Luongo outplays Schneider?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
68 replies to this topic

Poll: What if Luongo outplays Schneider?

Luongo or Schneider if Luongo is playing better

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I hope they both win a cup with us this year splitting games 2 or 3 at a time and then schneids wins the final game in the finals so we know he's go it. Lu gets a cup in Van like he deserves and then moves on to be a star somewhere else and we pick up good players and meet Lu'd team in the finals the next season! Drama!!!
Cassels

#32 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

You have a short, selective memory ! Lou gave up 7 goals in 2 games, Cory 4 goals in 3 games. Lou dug us a pretty deep hole in losing the first 2 games.

Dude you have a short memory as well - remember we couldn't score goals. It was a whole team loss not to mention that LA basically beat everyone very cleanly and efficiently.

This is life and anything can happen. I would not be surprised come playoffs if Lu ended up being between the pipes for some reason.

#33 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

Yah so what if Luongo just plays lights out and the team goes lights out and they go on like 15 game winning streak or something ridiculous like that.

Well then Luongo's value rises and we trade him for a premium price. Then when the playoffs roll around and Luongo melts down on his new team, Gillis looks like a genius who committed highway robbery.

#34 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

Lu took us to the Finals what has cory done in the playoffs other then a 1st round departure...if its what have you done for me lately which it seems with alot of Nuck fans then the samething applies to Cory what has he done lately..

What has Cory done lately? Well, he gave us an excellent opportunity to get past the Kings last playoffs. Fans can actually say with a straight face that scoring was a problem when Cory was in goal because the games were actually within reach, unlike with Luongo every playoffs.
"Lu took us to the Finals"? He "took" a Presidents Trophy winning team to the Finals? As far as I recall Luongo was solid against Nashville and San Jose and for the rest of it he was on and off, he didn't put the team on his back and "take" them there.

Edited by Riviera82, 16 January 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#35 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,316 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

He may want a trade now, but if he does outplay Schneider (which I believe to be a distinct possibility, especially once Schneider feels the pressure of carrying an entire city and once Luongo starts playing with absolutely no pressure on him and nothing to lose) he will become the starter once again which is all Luongo wants.

All Lu wants is to play, and if he wins the starting position he'll be happy to play here. In that case I don't think MG moves anyone yet, Luongo would really have to play lights-out hockey for Schneider to be dealt but either way we free up 4 or 5 million cap space for a decent top-6 forward for the playoff run.
Posted Image

#36 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,153 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

What has Cory done lately? Well, he gave us an excellent opportunity to get past the Kings last playoffs. Fans can actually say with a straight face that scoring was a problem when Cory was in goal because the games were actually within reach, unlike with Luongo every playoffs.
"Lu took us to the Finals"? He "took" a Presidents Trophy winning team to the Finals? As far as I recall Luongo was solid against Nashville and San Jose and for the rest of it he was on and off, he didn't put the team on his back and "take" them there.

You are forgetting that Lui was MAJOR part of the President's Trophy winning team and without Luongo chances are the nucks don't win the president's trophy.
Posted Image

#37 MattJVD

MattJVD

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

Dude you have a short memory as well - remember we couldn't score goals. It was a whole team loss not to mention that LA basically beat everyone very cleanly and efficiently.

This is life and anything can happen. I would not be surprised come playoffs if Lu ended up being between the pipes for some reason.

You're right, most analysts and the coaching staff agreed, that when we made the goal tending change Lou was our best player on the ice. The rest of the team was out to lunch and they needed a wake up call. Did Schnieds play better than Lou after that? Stats would say so, but it might have been the wake up call they needed to tighten up the D, not to mention the only game we won was after Daniel came back.

#38 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:43 AM

Sweet another version of the same argument
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#39 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

He may want a trade now, but if he does outplay Schneider (which I believe to be a distinct possibility, especially once Schneider feels the pressure of carrying an entire city and once Luongo starts playing with absolutely no pressure on him and nothing to lose) he will become the starter once again which is all Luongo wants.

All Lu wants is to play, and if he wins the starting position he'll be happy to play here. In that case I don't think MG moves anyone yet, Luongo would really have to play lights-out hockey for Schneider to be dealt but either way we free up 4 or 5 million cap space for a decent top-6 forward for the playoff run.

Everyone on CDC has seen this exact same post for 8 months
its extremely predictable to find one of these in every thread with Luongo in it.

I have a question for you and I'm not trying to be a dink either.

1) what traits or indications have you seen that makes you believe Cory cannot handle pressure?

Please don't right a blog either
I'm just curious, Cause maybe I am missing something.

You always claim he can't handle the pressure I just want an explanation

Actually never mind I don't care

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#40 dwil2731

dwil2731

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

We keep them both and win a cup this year finally we have the best goalie tandem in the league with two of the best elite goaltendersout there. We rotate them on and off equally and give schneider more of a shot than he has had in previous years to shine and see what he can really do. We will have a great chance of winning every game with either of them between the pipes and by the time the playoffs come around the rest of our team should b healthy barring any more setbacks or injuries and we can have a legitimate shot at taking the cup this year as long as we can score when it counts which has been this teams real problem along with sloppy drag ass defense at times. This whole thing wasnt solely luongos fault he is just the easiest one to point a finger at and blame for the teams fall out in other areas a lot of you "fans" out there and i say that loosely are so quick to hang luongo out to dry after everything he has done for this team u bring up how horrible he was in the finals against boston but never say a word about the two amazing shutouts in the very same series its seriously rediculous. When was the last time the canucks won a presidents trophy without luongo busting his ass all year playing huge numbers of games throughout the season? O yea none let alone two back to back he has been a work horse for the team and just how he has handled all this horrible treatment from "fans" and constant badgering from media without flipping out and saying fu** vancouver and all the jackasses here shows just how much of a stand up guy he really is after all of this he still still wants the best for the team and whatever that may b he is willing to do. Now saying all ofbthat i am also a huge schneider fan hes a great young goaltender that will b elite for years to come there is absolutely no doubt about that. Now i know that we can not keep both of them after this season unless somehow they would both agree to a time share which im almost positive would not work out I say we win the cup this year and let schneider play like we know he can and then trade him for a much higher return than we could get for luongo its obvious how many teams would b thowing offers at us for him and we should take advantage of that and really pick up some key pieces that we really need to move forward with this team in the future. Luongo had got a lot left in his tank and we should show him the respect that he has shown all of us as fans and stick behind him like we did when we signed his contract a few years ago and pick up a few great prospects along the way in a trade involving schneids.

#41 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,428 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

All am hoping is that Cory doesn't become another Steve Mason...I was looking at both goalies stats after 68 games of their careers in the NHL and they are very close to eachother.Mason played infront a very bad team compared to the Canucks and now we know what has happened to him since his become more less a back up and now has a .500 record....I would keep Lu and trade Cory.Stat wise Cory has started only 56 games out of the 68 regular season games. And atleast I know Lu can take us to the finals with Cory we lost in the 1st round....LU all the way.

Steve Mason's record after 68 NHL games: 68 (w)38 (L)23 - (SOL)7
(Mins)4124 (GA)167 (SO)10 (GAA)2.29
(SV%).925
Cory's Stats after 68 NHL games: 68 (w)38 (L)17 — (SOL)4 (Mins)3639 (GA)136 (SO)4 (GAA)2.24 (SV%).928

Biggest difference between the 2 is simply Mason was a rookie and young, Schneider has played years in college, AHL and now NHL. I think the maturity is the biggest difference between the 2 players.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#42 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 AM

This is just one of the very real possible outcomes that make holding onto both goaltenders insane.

On the flip side, Schneider could badly outplay Luongo, which will not do any good for Luongo's value. The only possible "good" of having both goalies is if a Stanley Cup is won while they're essentially splitting games. Odds of that happening I'd call very, very, very, low.

#43 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:01 AM

There is no way, under ANY circumstances that Gillis keeps Luongo and trades Schneider. I'm not sure why you'd even make a poll about it.

I would say the opposite. There is no way MG could survive a Schneider meltdown in Vancouver if Luongo was traded.

That said, I am one who is advocating starting Cory and sticking with him (while holding onto Lu of course) because if Schneider can't cut it night after night then MG will not want to be caught with his pants down and his dick in his hands.

Vancouver would not take the trading of Luongo well if Schneider blows all four tyres. Luongo is still an elite goalie in the eyes of masses of Canucks fans.
Kevin.jpg

#44 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,316 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:58 AM

Everyone on CDC has seen this exact same post for 8 months
its extremely predictable to find one of these in every thread with Luongo in it.

I have a question for you and I'm not trying to be a dink either.

1) what traits or indications have you seen that makes you believe Cory cannot handle pressure?

Please don't right a blog either
I'm just curious, Cause maybe I am missing something.

You always claim he can't handle the pressure I just want an explanation

Actually never mind I don't care

One question - what makes you think he can handle the pressure?

Luongo has handled the media and pressure of playing in Vancouver better than any goalie in the past, I can't wait to see how Schneider fares. The probability of him handling the pressure as well as Luongo did for so long is slim to none according to history - most goalies in this city and market have cracked, what makes you think Schneider is any different?

The single chance we did get to see of Schneider's ability to cope with a starting position was when Luongo was injured, Schneider played well and started 7 games in a row. At the end of that tenure he bombed out BIG time against two very weak offences, Nashville and Columbus who absolutely lit him up. I know this is a small sample size but it's all we have to show that he's not a superhero and that he too will become mentally and physically fatigued. The pressure of playing a full-time roll is too big for most goalies, but Luongo handled it better than anyone else before. I doubt Schneider will do any better.
Posted Image

#45 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,316 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:03 AM

Biggest difference between the 2 is simply Mason was a rookie and young, Schneider has played years in college, AHL and now NHL. I think the maturity is the biggest difference between the 2 players.

Honestly not that much maturity in Schneider compared to real veterans in the league like Lundqvist, Thomas, Miller etc. who are guaranteed to put up a solid season in net. With any young goalie who's played that few games the next season is a wild-card.

Basically there's more chance of Luongo, Lundqvist, Miller or Brodeur having a good season than Schneider purely because they've all been around this league a long time and you know what you're getting from them. That's just from a historical standpoint - some inexperienced young goalies have flourished in a full time role (Quick, Rinne) and others have really bombed out (Mason and countless high-end draft picks now playing in the AHL), but not many of those veteran goalies have bad seasons (Miller did last year but that's all).

It's all about probability, and simply put Luongo has a higher probability of having a good full time season than Schneider does of playing as starter.
Posted Image

#46 naslund fan

naslund fan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

if luongo plays better than schneider in the season,playoffs and they win stanley cup gillis should trade cory

#47 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

If Luongo outplays Schneider, then the Leafs are going to have a really good season.

Edited by BigRedMachine, 16 January 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#48 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

Personally, I love Luongo and think he is the better goaltender than Schneider.

That being said, I think if Luongo outplays Schneider, we will still trade Luongo - only after the season is over. Luongo has said the only reason he's willing to stay in Vancouver this season is because it is a short season. It's clear he has made his mind to move on, but he's willing to stick around for a short season for one last kick at the Stanley Cup with a contender.

There is a very real possibility that Luongo will outplay Schneider - he's an elite, proven goaltender who is burning to prove that he is still better and he is still #1. Once Schneider feels the pressure, Luongo will step in and run with the job. This is his last season with the Canucks, and he will never get a better chance at winning a Stanley Cup. I think Luongo will be extremely motivated to take his team all the way.

This is going to be very similar to the Tim Thomas - Tuukka Rask situation in Boston when they won the Cup then two years after looked to trade Thomas and go with Rask. Tim Thomas battled to win his job back, and since he knew that may be his last chance to win a Cup with a contending team like Boston (due to uncertainty with his age), I'm sure he had extra motivation to go all the way. I think Luongo has that same mentality - he wants to prove that he's still #1 and believe that this is his last chance at the Cup. After our run for the Stanley Cup this summer, I think Luongo will leave - even if we win the Stanley Cup.

Also from a organizational perspective, Luongo will be 34, and simply by age, he does not have too many years left in him in comparison to Schneider. I think Schneider can still benefit from being behind Luongo for another shortened season.

So I'd give Luongo another season in Vancouver only because it is a short one, because he doesn't want to stay for long, and because after that, we have to go with Schneider because he is younger. Give Luongo his last hurrah on a championship team. If he wins the job back, let him take us as far as he can. I believe he has it in him to get that 16th win - he was so close only two years ago.

Edited by Dasein, 16 January 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#49 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

if luongo plays better than schneider in the season,playoffs and they win stanley cup gillis should trade cory

If history shows us anything it's that Lou should not get another chance. The Canucks door to the cup is not going to be open much longer and it's a risk the club can't take no matter who plays better in the regular season. What goalie has ever melted down as badly as Lou ever in the playoffs? Name 3? Lou is famous all over the league for meltdowns not just Vancouver. Cory's untested in a full NHL season, sure but what are the odds that he could be as mentally unstable as Lou in the playoffs? There is a lot of people who are unwilling to admit how good a team we actually have saying that Lou is the only reason we win and the only reason we don't win is because Lou didn't get the support he needed... It's completely ridiculous and frankly getting old.

#50 Guest_Dasein_*

Guest_Dasein_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

EDIT: dblpst

Edited by Dasein, 16 January 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#51 Mclean1

Mclean1

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

Bottom line is that Lu took us to the finals end of story..whether it was a President trophy winning team or not is not relevant...I was listen to the team last night on my way home, its funny how any team Lu goes too will most likely become a playoff team even the Leafs that to me says alot about the player Lu is.All the teams want is a shot at the playoffs because we all know what can happen example the Kings last year..

#52 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

If Schneider's game goes to hell and Luongo is outstanding I can see MG contemplating moving Cory instead.

25gxmpw.png

#53 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

To many Goalie threads....

Keep Lu.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#54 MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:17 PM

Personally, I love Luongo and think he is the better goaltender than Schneider.

That being said, I think if Luongo outplays Schneider, we will still trade Luongo - only after the season is over. Luongo has said the only reason he's willing to stay in Vancouver this season is because it is a short season. It's clear he has made his mind to move on, but he's willing to stick around for a short season for one last kick at the Stanley Cup with a contender.

There is a very real possibility that Luongo will outplay Schneider - he's an elite, proven goaltender who is burning to prove that he is still better and he is still #1. Once Schneider feels the pressure, Luongo will step in and run with the job. This is his last season with the Canucks, and he will never get a better chance at winning a Stanley Cup. I think Luongo will be extremely motivated to take his team all the way.

This is going to be very similar to the Tim Thomas - Tuukka Rask situation in Boston when they won the Cup then two years after looked to trade Thomas and go with Rask. Tim Thomas battled to win his job back, and since he knew that may be his last chance to win a Cup with a contending team like Boston (due to uncertainty with his age), I'm sure he had extra motivation to go all the way. I think Luongo has that same mentality - he wants to prove that he's still #1 and believe that this is his last chance at the Cup. After our run for the Stanley Cup this summer, I think Luongo will leave - even if we win the Stanley Cup.

Also from a organizational perspective, Luongo will be 34, and simply by age, he does not have too many years left in him in comparison to Schneider. I think Schneider can still benefit from being behind Luongo for another shortened season.

So I'd give Luongo another season in Vancouver only because it is a short one, because he doesn't want to stay for long, and because after that, we have to go with Schneider because he is younger. Give Luongo his last hurrah on a championship team. If he wins the job back, let him take us as far as he can. I believe he has it in him to get that 16th win - he was so close only two years ago.

I hope if Lu does take the Job back people finally stop overreacting over everything. I hope Lu would want to stay if he gets the starting position back, but I think that chance has been damaged a great deal.
Posted Image
Sig pic by -Vintage Canuck- Thank You!!!!

Love the Canucks!

Keep Loungo in Vancouver :towel:
http://www.ipetition...o-in-vancouver/

#55 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

If history shows us anything it's that Lou should not get another chance. The Canucks door to the cup is not going to be open much longer and it's a risk the club can't take no matter who plays better in the regular season. What goalie has ever melted down as badly as Lou ever in the playoffs? Name 3? Lou is famous all over the league for meltdowns not just Vancouver. Cory's untested in a full NHL season, sure but what are the odds that he could be as mentally unstable as Lou in the playoffs? There is a lot of people who are unwilling to admit how good a team we actually have saying that Lou is the only reason we win and the only reason we don't win is because Lou didn't get the support he needed... It's completely ridiculous and frankly getting old.

Full agreement.

#56 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

Bottom line is that Lu took us to the finals end of story..whether it was a President trophy winning team or not is not relevant...I was listen to the team last night on my way home, its funny how any team Lu goes too will most likely become a playoff team even the Leafs that to me says alot about the player Lu is.All the teams want is a shot at the playoffs because we all know what can happen example the Kings last year..

You speak as though the 2011 Canucks were the 2004 Flames. Luongo did not take this team to the Final, he was one goal away from blowing a 3-0 lead in the first round, end of story.

#57 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

You speak as though the 2011 Canucks were the 2004 Flames. Luongo did not take this team to the Final, he was one goal away from blowing a 3-0 lead in the first round, end of story.

I agree....

The team took us to the finals and the team will be fine with Cory.

Edited by Nino, 16 January 2013 - 07:11 PM.

#58 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

1. What goalie has made it to the SCF with the Canucks in the last decade?

2. What team averages 2.32 GPG in the playoffs and 1.14 GPG in the SCF, especially a team that is supposedly known for its scoring?

You may say it's getting old but Lu haters never acknowledge the fact that he actually never did get support. The whopping 2.32 is also inflated because Vancouver had 2-3 blowouts while winning most games by 1 or 2 goals. Luongo posted 4 shutouts in the playoffs. 3 of them were 1-0 wins.

4 Shutouts? That literally a quarter of the wins we need in the finals pretty much won by Luongo. That's an entire series' worth of wins, won by Luongo. How can you even suggest that Luongo did not play a massive role in our success? Did any other player single-handedly win us the game that many times? Burrows or Kesler, maybe once or twice, but that's about it.

The fact of the matter is, while Luongo had his terrible games, at least he more than made up for them with 4 manufactured wins along with another 6-8 solid games, whereas the rest of the team played well in the first 3 games of the QF and most of the CF. They absolutely sh!t the bed in the rest. If it wasn't for Kesler, we weren't getting past Nashville with the offense we were getting, and Luongo's 2 shutouts in the SCF only even wasn't enough to get us the cup.

2 shutouts in the SCF. Both 1-0 wins. And we STILL lose the cup. AND, we blame the goaltender? To escape punishment, Luongo had to literally have at least 1 shutout every series (which he pretty much did), and never ever ever let in more than 1 or 2 goals every single game, since we averaged around 2.32 GPG, and he had to let in a maximum of 1 goal every SCF game, since we average 1.41 GPG.

In conclusion, the Lu haters don't actually do their homework and check whether Lu should be to blame or not. It took me maybe 10 minutes to find all that information, and it seems I have more than enough evidence to safely conclude that Luongo was one of the only reasons we got this far. His meltdowns were not even close to as costly as the forward's mediocrity was, especially since he made up for it with a couple dazzling games.

Edited by LordofBrussels, 16 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#59 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

One question - what makes you think he can handle the pressure?

Luongo has handled the media and pressure of playing in Vancouver better than any goalie in the past, I can't wait to see how Schneider fares. The probability of him handling the pressure as well as Luongo did for so long is slim to none according to history - most goalies in this city and market have cracked, what makes you think Schneider is any different?

The single chance we did get to see of Schneider's ability to cope with a starting position was when Luongo was injured, Schneider played well and started 7 games in a row. At the end of that tenure he bombed out BIG time against two very weak offences, Nashville and Columbus who absolutely lit him up. I know this is a small sample size but it's all we have to show that he's not a superhero and that he too will become mentally and physically fatigued. The pressure of playing a full-time roll is too big for most goalies, but Luongo handled it better than anyone else before. I doubt Schneider will do any better.

Are you, were you ever a goaltender?

#60 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,379 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

What goalie has ever melted down as badly as Lou ever in the playoffs?

Well, that scrub Brodeur was in net during game 3 when the Devils lost 4 - 0, and also in for that 6 - 1 loss to the Kings in game 6 which cost them the Cup...

regards,
G.

Edited by Gollumpus, 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.