The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van- Anah- EPIC FIRST POST

I think the Canucks should go a different way for filling in the holes and going for the cup. I would say they go after Perry and Getzlaf.

To Van:

Perry

Getzlaf

To Anaheim:

Schroeder

Raymond

Booth

another(prospect or player from a leafs trade plus pick)

4 Conditional 1st round picks

Then our Lines would be

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler-

Burrows-Getzlaf-Perry

Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

Wiese-Manny-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Ballard

Barker

Schneider

Backup

What do you guys think? Just something new.

I think the Canucks should go a different way for filling in the holes and going for the cup. I would say they go after Perry and Getzlaf.

To Van:

Perry

Getzlaf

To Anaheim:

Schroeder

Raymond

Booth

uhhh, you can't just give them 4 low first rounders, some subpar prospects/players we don't need in exchange for two stars, we would have to give up Edler and Jensen +

EDIT: I would be afraid that they would both decide not to sign with us, I like the idea of a trade that isn't with Toronto for once, but we would be taking a huge risk.

LOL, that's a rip off for Anaheim, they're not getting close to value for Perry and Getzlaf, two elite superstars, not just your everyday Joe.

but I guess it depends on what the conditions are.

this is a steal for us though, unless the conditional 4 1sts are basically guaranteed 4 1st round picks.

Lol the leafs trade would be for Luongo. And the Condition would be on them resigning. There both UFA's at the end of the year, so the Ducks might lose them anyways. Or the ducks trade them and get both back you never know, thats why there was a 4 conditional lol. maybe 2 conditional with 2 guaranteed

Don't want Getzlaf if we have Hank and Kesler still here. Counter proposal just for Perry:

Booth+Tanev+Jensen(a lot to give up but that's what it would take IMO)

for

Perry

Canucks get a bonafide star, a top-line two-way forward who can score. Would easily hit 45+ goals with the Sedins.

Anaheim gets a good defensive dman prospect who can play in their top-6 right now. I'm thinking a Tanev-Fowler pairing would be good in the future. They also get a 2nd liner in Booth who in theory fills in for Perry right now. Jensen is another great forward prospect to help them in the near future with Selanne and Koivu aging.

If I were the Canucks, I'd try to offer Schroeder (or even Gaunce though I like him a lot) instead of Jensen, but if he is a deal breaker, we're trying to win the cup now, so I'd still probably do it.

You know what, I think I would do this. Although I don't think Anaheim would do this (albiet the 4 conditional 1sts), how about this revision/counter proposal?

To Vancouver: Erik Gudbranson

To Florida: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond, 2013 2nd, Yann Sauve

Probably not enough but I think it might go through

then

To Vancouver: Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf

To Anaheim: Alex Edler (new contract), David Booth, Chris Tanev or Keith Ballard (Anaheim's choice), Jannik Hansen, 2013 & 2014 1st

I think Anaheim would strongly consider that deal since they would almost solidify their defense by adding Edler.

To Van:

Perry

Getzlaf

To Anaheim:

Schroeder

Raymond

Booth

Then our Lines would be

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler-

Burrows-Getzlaf-Perry

Higgins-Lappy-Hansen

Wiese-Manny-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Tanev

Garrison-Ballard

Barker

Schneider

Backup

What do you guys think? Just something new.

Archived