The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is everyone forgetting about Hansen?

DownUndaCanuck

+1 to this.

If memory serves, I once posted a big ol' essay on here about the merits of young Jannik which I'm quite sure nobody read in its entirity. Bottom line, I think he's good. But I also agree with those who pointed out that he changes his game in the top 6. Maybe maturity and experience will help temper his mindset a bit and help him realize what brings him the most success.

You win with guys like Hansen on your third...don't get me wrong, he is one of the top canucks who brings 100% each and every shift..But with what is going on, it really opens up our minor issue with a solid second. I hate to beat a dead horse but CoHo would've been a nice fit but he was stapled to the third while Kes was playing injured on the Second..didn't see the logic in that but hey...who am I. Maybe i'm old school and would play my starters only if they were 85% and more unlike some..

Kinda reminds me about when everyone forgot about Dre.. Then look what happened. BAM he drops chronic 2001, shows us he's still the D.R.E. and we all felt real stupid for letting him slip to the back of our minds.

I don't wanna make same mistake twice I agree Hansen should be on the second line in this situation. That being said, I got a feeling lappy Hansen and Higgins line is going to end up being our second line by default. Kind of how burr and kes did that year they forced the third line to become the second because they were playing way better and earned the ice time.

So Kesler and Booth look like they won't be ready to play the first odd month of the season and names like Kassian, Schroeder, Lapierre and Raymond are being tossed around for the vacant 2nd line position. TSN in particular have been riding these guys hard to step up and fill in this empty line. However, people are forgetting about one Jannik Hansen.

Hansen has improved every single season he's been in the NHL with no signs of slowing down, unlike guys like Higgins, Raymond, Kassian and Ebbett who have all had dips and poor production seasons in the past. He is my #1 candidate for the 2nd line position, if not playing with the Sedins where he's had plenty of proven success as well.

This kid was essentially a 40 point player last season, a sparkling +18 on our 3rd line and scored 16 goals with limited minutes, all of which were at even strength. People forget about this guy quite a bit but he will undoubtedly hit the 20 goal plateau next season, and deserves a chance to play some premium minutes, including powerplay time.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Hansen - Lapierre - Higgins

Raymond - Schroeder - Kassian

Weise - Malhotra - Volpatti/Pinizotto/Ebbett

I think Hansen will have a break out season this year.

Jannik Hansen has won the early lottery to replace Ryan Kesler on the Canucks’ top power-play unit.

In the Canucks’ first power-play work of training camp on Wednesday morning — before an evening intra-squad game — Hansen lined up with the Sedins in power-play drills.

Alex Edler and Jason Garrison were on the first-unit points.

Hansen, usually a third-liner, skates well and has played occasionally with the Sedins in an even-strength role.

Kesler, the team’s second-line centre, is out indefinitely after summer surgeries to his shoulder and wrist.

The other power-play units: Andrew Ebbett between Zack Kassian and Mason Raymond, with Cam Barker and Keith Ballard on the points; and Jordan Schroeder between Chris Higgins and Alex Burrows, with Kevin Bieksa and Dan Hamhuis on the points.

Tonight’s scrimmage, at Rogers Arena, begins at 7 p.m. Fans interested in attending must register at canucks.com/scrimmages.

Read more: http://www.theprovince.com/Canucks+Hansen+joins+Sedins+power+play+unit/7828253/story.html#ixzz2IAgBMwwp

Our second line will be Raymond Higgins Hansen

They've already stated that Higgins was practising at center. In a short season we need a reliable second line capable of decent production. Not an untested group of Rookies.

Malhotra will man the third with ebbet and another defensive forward

Lappy will center with Weiss and probably volpatti and they will hardly see onetime.

Our pk is going to be manny and hansen and lappy and raymond.

No way shroeder and kassian play. Neither one has played well at camp.

Archived