#1 King of the ES

King of the ES

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

POPULAR

In a sentence, I am officially predicting that the Vancouver Canucks will MISS the playoffs in 2013.

Here's why:

-Goaltending fiasco. Don't care about PC responses from the players or the GM, this will be a major distraction that will have an adverse effect on team morale. Awkward locker room. Poor allocation of cap dollars. I've said for a long time that the Canucks really missed the boat by not trading Schneider for something that could've seriously helped up in a Cup run last year, and it will for a long time be a regret of ours, IMO. Whatever we get for Luongo will be unexciting and we'll still have a relatively unproven goalie backstopping an alleged "team built to win now". Not a good combination.

-Complacency. Why didn't anybody go to Europe? Practicing with the UBC team is hardly an adequate preparation for the season. Makes me think that this bunch has largely lost their hunger. A 5-game post-season exit last year adds credence to this thought. By not going to Europe/Russia, the message in essence is that they'd rather stay in their posh Vancouver homes than be bothered to go try and compete to help stay sharp. Not a good sign. Of course, this doesn't include everybody, but the vast majority of the team chose to not play hockey in the downtime. I expect it to cost them.

-Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

-Edmonton has gotten better. Justin Schultz is going to be a star. I like the Fistric acquisition a lot. Dubnyk was very good at the Spengler Cup. Heavy momentum going into the year. Key guys are already in mid-season form.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Granlund, Parise, & Suter should all have an immediate and material impact.

David Booth's injury announcement yesterday just makes me more confident that this is one of those years where essentially everything's going to go wrong for the Canucks. The Jason Garrison signing is also one that I was/am vehemently against. Don't expect it to turn out good. Sami Salo's presence on the back end will be sorely missed.

And no, I am not "hating", so please don't suggest that I am. This is an opinion of mine that I am fully entitled to. Feel free to debate and/or include your own prediction.

#2 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

POPULAR

King of the ES saying negative things about the Canucks? I've never seen that before ...

What shocking revelation will be brought to our attention tomorrow, oh wise one?

Edited by n00bxQb, 16 January 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#3 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:14 AM

POPULAR

And no, I am not "hating", so please don't suggest that I am. This is an opinion of mine that I am fully entitled to. Feel free to debate and/or include your own prediction.

You're entitled to your opinion, in the same way that I'm entitled to the opinion that your opinion is stupider than a bag of bricks.

Edited by Niloc009, 16 January 2013 - 07:14 AM.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#4 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,950 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:18 AM

POPULAR

I don't see how King of the ES hasn't repeatedly violated forum rule #7:

7. If you are a fan of a rival NHL team, you will not attempt to antagonize Canucks fans.

This is a Canucks site and Canucks fans have a right to a place where they can discuss the team amongst themselves in peace.

ALL he does is attempt to antagonize Canucks fans.

Edited by n00bxQb, 16 January 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#5 canuckleface77

canuckleface77

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

POPULAR

In a sentence, I am officially predicting that the Vancouver Canucks will MISS the playoffs in 2013.

Here's why:

-Goaltending fiasco. Don't care about PC responses from the players or the GM, this will be a major distraction that will have an adverse effect on team morale. Awkward locker room. Poor allocation of cap dollars. I've said for a long time that the Canucks really missed the boat by not trading Schneider for something that could've seriously helped up in a Cup run last year, and it will for a long time be a regret of ours, IMO. Whatever we get for Luongo will be unexciting and we'll still have a relatively unproven goalie backstopping an alleged "team built to win now". Not a good combination.

-Complacency. Why didn't anybody go to Europe? Practicing with the UBC team is hardly an adequate preparation for the season. Makes me think that this bunch has largely lost their hunger. A 5-game post-season exit last year adds credence to this thought. By not going to Europe/Russia, the message in essence is that they'd rather stay in their posh Vancouver homes than be bothered to go try and compete to help stay sharp. Not a good sign. Of course, this doesn't include everybody, but the vast majority of the team chose to not play hockey in the downtime. I expect it to cost them.

-Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

-Edmonton has gotten better. Justin Schultz is going to be a star. I like the Fistric acquisition a lot. Dubnyk was very good at the Spengler Cup. Heavy momentum going into the year. Key guys are already in mid-season form.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Granlund, Parise, & Suter should all have an immediate and material impact.

David Booth's injury announcement yesterday just makes me more confident that this is one of those years where essentially everything's going to go wrong for the Canucks. The Jason Garrison signing is also one that I was/am vehemently against. Don't expect it to turn out good. Sami Salo's presence on the back end will be sorely missed.

The fanboys will disagree with you because you aren't predicting a Cup win, and their blind faith masks any attempt to actually look at the "real" picture.

Sadly, I agree with you. I'm a die-hard, have been for 35 years, but I have a bad feeling this year, essentially for all the reasons you stated. Players not going to Europe is a real concern of mine. I could easily see a 3 win and 7 loss start to the season, which will make it very tough on them.

Hope I'm wrong.

#6 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

POPULAR

Your threads are almost as bad as those by Mr. Reputable...

#7 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:38 AM

No second line to start the year is not exactly what is needed to have a winning year,especially out of the gate.
Kes and Burr are the heart of this team.Kes and now Booth are gone so what do we have for a second?
Ebbett and Manny and Lappy can all have turnaround years so the center position does not bother me for a few months of waiting on Kes.The wingers-solid second line ,tough,veteran wingers that could seriously challenge any other team in a cup run are not here.
Gillis is now forced to trade Luongo,no matter what kind of happy face he would like to paste on the situation in and through the media.
The Lou deal makes this team and is a very significant juncture in this version of Gillis at the helm of the Canucks.

#8 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

POPULAR

Only 6:38 AM and King of the ES is already trolling Canucks Talk? Lame... <_<

*goes back to sleep*

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#9 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,915 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

POPULAR

OK King, but here's what we're doing....we're holding you to this and, when it falls apart (your theory that is) then it's ban time? (your inner troll is shining through)

Posted Image

#10 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

I think the Canucks will struggle a bit this season.

But i think we will make the playoff between 3-6 (still a weak division) and like the kings, will step it up towards the end. However, i'm not saying(realistically) that we will go all the way, but i think we win our first round matchup, maybe 2.

#11 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

POPULAR

Troy from white rock is that you???

#12 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,066 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Ye you're right King.

Go Flames.

Feel validated now?
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#13 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

POPULAR

The team has issues but this team has had issues going into every season.

Goaltending is what it is and really it's nothing.

Not every player has to go to Europe to prove they have drive and desire. It seems silly to even have to say this but really most of these guys who weren't healing up were either training on their own, with co-workers or they were in Europe. There seem to be moles coming out of your mountain.

Calgary has gotten slightly better but in all honesty much more needs to be done for that team than adding big contracts with less than big players. Their best players are getting older and...well that's all really for now. Pissing and moaning about Garrison all off season and then talking about Wideman is laughable. Bottom of the division for them if they don't make more changes.

Edmonton hasn't gotten better they've gotten more experienced. I see them coming out of the gates strong(ish) but adding one young player to a team full of young players isn't going to do much. They'll see an improvement this year and they'll easily leap from Calgary in the standings; hell maybe even a push for the playoffs.

Minny got better. Parise will be a big improvement and Suter will actually give them somebody who can lead by example on D. Adding 2 players though won't be enough. They'll make the playoffs this season or at least they should. They have more work to do though.

Booth is unfortunate but we'll survive it. Garrison will bring everything Salo brought and more.He'll have good nights and he'll have bad nights.

If you're not simply hating on the team (you are btw, anyone who feels the need to say they aren't just hating is in fact hating) then you're being a drama queen. (You're that as well.) There will be stumbling blocks; hell there are stumbling blocks but this is nothing new...just like your posts.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#14 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

OK King, but here's what we're doing....we're holding you to this and, when it falls apart (your theory that is) then it's ban time? (your inner troll is shining through)

I've never been happier about a shortened season.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Glad you started this thread, because it saved me from doing it.

I am also predicting they will miss the playoffs, for most of the same reasons. This organization and the players have grown complacent. It really bothers me that so few players went to play in Europe, especially when you compare to a team like the Bruins.

The Canucks are typically slow starters to the season anyway. In a short season there is allot less time to make up for that. Add the facts that they had fewer players active than almost any other team, that they have some key injuries (most of their second line), that they don't really have a third line centre to begin with let alone one who can move up to the second line to replace Kessler, and that they haven't dealt with the Luongo situation and I think you have a recipe for disaster.

I hope we're both wrong, but I'm not expecting much this year.

#16 StevenStamkos

StevenStamkos

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Here's why:

You forgot to mention that Kassian is a bust. Career ahler.

/sarcasm

Follow me on twitter! @RealStamkos91

#17 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

If you're not simply hating on the team (you are btw, anyone who feels the need to say they aren't just hating is in fact hating) then you're being a drama queen. (You're that as well.) There will be stumbling blocks; hell there are stumbling blocks but this is nothing new...just like your posts.Employee

I think you are full of it,Employee.
Any fan can be objective all the time,especially when going on five decades without a cup.
Drama queen ,your posts are stumbling blocks,you are a hater,sucking up to Deb.etc..
Pretty ugly stuff first thing in the morning.

#18 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

I think the Canucks missing the Playoffs is a bit of stretch, KoES.

The way I see things, the season will probably start out high scoring. Teams will make tons of mistakes in costly areas while they work out rust and build chemistry. As time passes by and teams get a feel for where they stand, the games will probably take on a more defensive style. This will suit the Canucks because, in my eyes, goaltending and defense are the team's strengths right now. The boys are going to have a more difficult time scoring without Kes and Booth, so, a focus on team defence and special teams is imperative. A good PP, a good PK and solid goaltending will go a long way towards being successful until injuries have healed.

The Northwest has improved, KoES, I agree there. I also agree that you are nothing short of a fat, little, bearded troll who enjoys stirring up the sh!t here on a Canuck's message board.

Good day to you, Grumpy!

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#19 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,349 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Thanks for the early morning laugh King :lol: :picard:

And for the billionth time, the goalies will not be a distraction. Luongo an Schneider have stated many times that they're great friends, when will this get through your thick skull? You're almsot as annoying as Canucks Hockey 101 refusing to believe Luongo is being traded.

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 16 January 2013 - 08:21 AM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#20 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,915 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

POPULAR

People stating that "not going to Europe" will be a bad thing - it may (or may not) be. There's a flipside to not getting a jump on things and that is that the players who haven't been playing will be fresh, rested and chomping at the bit. They're eager to get out there.

We point to the grueling schedule and travel as grinding the team down by playoffs in regular seasons....maybe this year the difference will be that our guys will have enough in the tank and head in fully charged? Healthy (for once). Things just might line up that way.

So I don't see the negative projection thing coming into play until it's warranted with at least some signs that things are faltering. For crying out loud, the puck hasn't even dropped on game one and you're throwing in the towel? What's the point in you even bothering at all then? To say you're right if it pans out the way you've expected? "Fanboys" are simply people who are excited about the team and the game of hockey...is that a crime? Or are the negative nellie know it all naysayers maybe depriving themselves of the real joy in the game and missing out on that? Do you go into Christmas saying "I know there's not going to be anything I like under the tree"?. Kind of spoils it....there's a big picture and you miss out in a lot of happy times by doing that. It's the Eeyore factor and some of us take a different route. There is no wrong/right - it's all about what you get out of the game I guess. I will see some great hockey leading UP to the playoffs and that's a positive. I'll think about the playoffs at the playoffs.

While you're entitled to your opinion, "fanboys" suggests we're wrong but it's all about how you view the game (and life in general) and what you take out of it. I love hockey and am thrilled that it's back...I don't know that not having a negative feeling surrounding it is a bad thing.

Posted Image

#21 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

I see some challenges but I don't see them missing the playoffs.

Charity points notwithstanding and using last years standings as reference a team will have to go 27-21 to miss the playoffs. (23-16-9 is a record that could just barely miss the playoffs based on prorating last year's Western rankings)

I don't see the Canucks slipping that much.

I also LOL at the Oilers predictions. Last year everyone thought they would make the playoffs with their young talent. How did that work out? :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#22 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,474 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

If you're not simply hating on the team (you are btw, anyone who feels the need to say they aren't just hating is in fact hating) then you're being a drama queen. (You're that as well.) There will be stumbling blocks; hell there are stumbling blocks but this is nothing new...just like your posts.Employee

I think you are full of it,Employee.
Any fan can be objective all the time,especially when going on five decades without a cup.
Drama queen ,your posts are stumbling blocks,you are a hater,sucking up to Deb.etc..
Pretty ugly stuff first thing in the morning.

I have no problem with objectivity. Like I can be objective and say that it's easy to observe you coming to the rescue of King in nearly every thread he posts in...and vica versa.

Again...objectivity is fine and I do think you try to be objective when not getting in your own way. This kind of thing isn't objectivity though it's moderate pissing and moaning. I can be objective and say that King does provide a good argument for the things he says even if my opinion is that his opinion is a little skewed. That's much more than I can say for you and your drivel grandpa.

BTW did you really just "I know you are but what am I" me? You can do better nit...especially for a guy who keeps telling me I'm on ignore and then keeps responding to my posts that aren't directed to him. Funny duck you are nit.

Posted Image

Edited by EmployeeoftheMonth, 16 January 2013 - 09:02 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#23 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,600 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

Well I would be bumping this thread in late April to see who's prediction was correct.

307mg00.jpg

#24 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:45 AM

Ever since the lock out ended...I've had a funny feeling about this season...either the Canucks are going to win their first cup - or miss the playoffs...I don't see an in between this year...

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#25 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:48 AM

I'm going to have to avoid this site due to this negative ass crap

Posted Image

#26 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,680 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

I will take a shot at countering your prediction/interpretation with my own.

-Goaltending fiasco. I think we agree partially on this situation. AV created this fiasco, and it is one, but its not so dire. Best case is we swallow the 9.33m and have two of the best dozen goalies in the league this year for the full run to the playoffs. Platoon them, or split 12-36 for either one, doesn't matter: what matters is having Lu and Cory both on the team is a better team than either one and a backup goalie. If I am wrong I will eat my orca crest, and its nasty...from an early orca jersey..its been to the middle east and back, and stained with all manner of filth. Two Lu's is better than one, specifically when one is a great goalie but unproven starter, and the other is a guy we need to prove to the league is still worth 5.33m cap hit for a decade. (*I would buy for another 5-7 years)

-Complacency. Why didn't anybody go to Europe? Some did, and I think really with a veteran team of back to back presidents cup winners, who admittedly were still tired from the stanley cup final game 7 cup run the previous year, the break will be worth while. A perfectly rested group of core players with super skills can now warm up for 48 games and then do what they do best in the playoffs. I blame a lot of last years first round exit on not so much a hangover, but simply exhaustion from playing the most hockey any one player could play over two seasons up to that point, with the short break at summer, et cetera...this time they are rested and hungry.

-Calgary has gotten better. True, no argument here, but how much better? From what I see they didn't get 21 points better, which is what they were short of last year to beat us for the division title. (*Side note: Backlund will have his breakout year this year, my opinion but I think its valid: he has matured and realizes failure is not an option, as it means out of a millionaires job and back to reality. Hungry to prove he is an NHL player and that will keep his fire burning in Calgary, along with better linemates)

-Edmonton has gotten better. Great young team to worry about in 2015..they may dabble in the playoffs the next year or two as well, but all that talent and they have Eric whatsisname Belanger as a mentor..it will take them time to gel.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Absolutely, Minny will be a tough crew to battle for the Division title, I see it as Them and Us all season long.

David Booth's injury announcement yesterday - A snapshot in time. Booth wasn't in my mind an integral cog of the team yet anyways..this will set him back in that regard, and maybe next year will be his great moment in the sun in Vancouver, I hope he can get in good form as fast as possible after he returns to the team. Certainly doesn't help us here right now, but its a moment in time, and not too crushing of my hopes. Salo will be missed so much, he was and is my favorite Canuck of all time, but I see good things in Mr. Garrison. He seems to be of the mould that Kesler and Bieksa were cast. I think in Garrison we get the goods of Sami Salo, without the injuries. Not an upgrade so much as a sidegrade, and I am excited to watch him.

I know your not hating, and I am not here to change your mind, but to provide an alternative perspective. It is always a tough road to the playoffs in the 'parity' years...but you know what, after watching for over 30 years, the teams best have been since 2001, and the very cream of the best years have been the last couple. I expect to see these guys in the post season, and from there on its a crapshoot really: we lost in the first round last year, but to the stanley cup champions...that speaks volumes more than losing to a team that goes on to lose its next four games.

Sincerely
~Optimist Prime

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

#27 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,915 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

And, in re-reading your thoughts (that were very well presented - I give you that), it just isn't that easy. On paper isn't guaranteed - too many variables factor in. Any of those guys you've named can go down with an injury (just like some of our top players have). Any of them can experience a slump. Teams click at times for the strangest reasons and they're not always the ones you'd expect. Which is why I like a wait and see attitude.

Posted Image

#28 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,936 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:57 AM

POPULAR

I'm not as against King as most on here. Even though he usually foretells doom and gloom, he usually makes good points that are at the very least plausible.

And I found his OP, although critical, well thought out...until I read this:

...Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division...

Now I KNOW he's just screwin with us.

Edited by D-Money, 16 January 2013 - 09:00 AM.

Posted Image

#29 mancaesar

mancaesar

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

The Canucks will do what they do...rocky stretches interrupted by huge winning streaks that put them solidly into the playoffs. If one of those streaks coincide with playoff time, and they don't run into another team-of-destiny in the first round, they could go far. If not, it's another disappointing end.

Just like what every other good team will go through.

John Paul II made a saint. John Garrett next?

#30 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'm not as against King as most on here. Even though he usually foretells doom and gloom, he usually makes good points that are at the very least plausible. And his OP, although critical, was well thought out...until here:

Now I KNOW he's just screwin with us.

Maybe King is Jay Feaster :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.