Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

King of the ES

The Tide Has Turned in Vancouver: A Prediction

You lost me when you cited Baggins as a source or relevance.

Again,Smasshian,you have zero credibility repeating dishonest information.You do not have one tiniest piece of real evidence(as in a real quote from Hodgson) that Cody cited he wanted to be moved.

Go back and listen to Gillis' second year final presser.

Gillis said he makes it up as it goes along.Try to imagine that is how most folks operate on planet earth that improvise as they go.That is life.

I am hoping you are simply fairly young and therefore,just naiive.

So we're 1/6th of the way through the season with a .625 win percentage and sitting on top of the division. A lot can change between now and the playoffs but I'm predicting the tide isn't turning very much at all. BTW last season the Canucks finished with a .664 winning percentage...just in case anybody needs any reference.

Edmonton has shown signs of improvement but has also shown how easily they fall apart. Still though you have to give credit where it is due. If they make the playoffs I predict they squeak in.

Minny looks like they did last season. A lot of flash but a lot of falling apart. Key guys aren't preforming very well for them. Minny's fate for the playoffs will either be that they won't make it or they will be reliant on other teams falling apart.

Colorado...who the hell knows what's going to happen.

THE ALL POWERFUL POWERHOUSE THAT IS THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL MOST IMPROVED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND INEVITABLE LEADERS OF THE NORTH WEST DIVISION...didn't improve at all. In fact they've been worse. They've also had less games this season than any other team but that means less train wrecks. You want to talk about a team that needs a rebuild...it's the flames.

Imo we are STILL too good to miss the playoffs, if we still have Lu that is. If Lu is gone all bets are off for me.

I just don't think we are big, bad or bold enough to win best of 7 hockey. We don't know if Kes will be totally back, we don't know if Booth WILL be back and we don't know what shape Kass and Garrison will be come the playoffs.

Remember this will be a sprint to the line this year an instead of taking our foot off the gas we may be in a dogfight to get to the playoffs. What effect that will have on some of our players.........who knows?

So we're 1/6th of the way through the season with a .625 win percentage and sitting on top of the division. A lot can change between now and the playoffs but I'm predicting the tide isn't turning very much at all. BTW last season the Canucks finished with a .664 winning percentage...just in case anybody needs any reference.

Edmonton has shown signs of improvement but has also shown how easily they fall apart. Still though you have to give credit where it is due. If they make the playoffs I predict they squeak in.

Minny looks like they did last season. A lot of flash but a lot of falling apart. Key guys aren't preforming very well for them. Minny's fate for the playoffs will either be that they won't make it or they will be reliant on other teams falling apart.

Colorado...who the hell knows what's going to happen.

THE ALL POWERFUL POWERHOUSE THAT IS THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL MOST IMPROVED TEAM IN THE LEAGUE AND INEVITABLE LEADERS OF THE NORTH WEST DIVISION...didn't improve at all. In fact they've been worse. They've also had less games this season than any other team but that means less train wrecks. You want to talk about a team that needs a rebuild...it's the flames.

Imo we are STILL too good to miss the playoffs, if we still have Lu that is. If Lu is gone all bets are off for me.

I just don't think we are big, bad or bold enough to win best of 7 hockey. We don't know if Kes will be totally back, we don't know if Booth WILL be back and we don't know what shape Kass and Garrison will be come the playoffs.

Remember this will be a sprint to the line this year an instead of taking our foot off the gas we may be in a dogfight to get to the playoffs. What effect that will have on some of our players.........who knows?

The fanboys will disagree with you because you aren't predicting a Cup win, and their blind faith masks any attempt to actually look at the "real" picture.

Sadly, I agree with you. I'm a die-hard, have been for 35 years, but I have a bad feeling this year, essentially for all the reasons you stated. Players not going to Europe is a real concern of mine. I could easily see a 3 win and 7 loss start to the season, which will make it very tough on them.

Hope I'm wrong.

One thing patently obvious - King can't tell the difference between the tide being in and the tide being out, let alone knowing when it is turning.

Well l really don't like replying to idjits, but in King's wondrous insight, l must reply thusly.

Stupid is as stupid is.

Too bad we didn't have forum filters so you could choose not to see particular posts by specific individuals.

King of ES;

I actually can respect someone who makes comments before the season starts and stands by them, moreso than those who get sore ankles jumping on and off bandwagons. You make some controversial statements, and risk getting flamed by this forum - almost assured when you are being contrarian like you are. However, you must admit that some of your remarks do seem rather troll-like. If they are not ment to be, you may want to shine that crystal ball up a bit.

As for the start of this season, I must say I am happily surprised. However, several things concern me. Watching the last two games, the number of defensive zone turnovers at side boards near the blue line are ridiculous. We were lucky to get to overtime both of those games. Good thing that Lou has been outstanding. How hard is it to clear the zone, or am I missing something? The points we are getting are masking this problem, but if they do not fix this, it may be a really long short season.

King of ES;

I actually can respect someone who makes comments before the season starts and stands by them, moreso than those who get sore ankles jumping on and off bandwagons. You make some controversial statements, and risk getting flamed by this forum - almost assured when you are being contrarian like you are. However, you must admit that some of your remarks do seem rather troll-like. If they are not ment to be, you may want to shine that crystal ball up a bit.

As for the start of this season, I must say I am happily surprised. However, several things concern me. Watching the last two games, the number of defensive zone turnovers at side boards near the blue line are ridiculous. We were lucky to get to overtime both of those games. Good thing that Lou has been outstanding. How hard is it to clear the zone, or am I missing something? The points we are getting are masking this problem, but if they do not fix this, it may be a really long short season.

King of ES;