The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Tide Has Turned in Vancouver: A Prediction

King of the ES

This argument about players being complacent because they did not go overseas is silly. Most of the people who went overseas had family there in the first place. Most players on the Canucks have family in Vancouver, what's wrong with taking advantage of the lockout to be closer to home. Heck if anything else, I think the fact that the players working out of UBC together will end up building better Chemistry together.

There is a difference to having some concerns and wanting the team to fail to justify your negativity. I have stated my concerns about certain players but would always be ready to eat crow should they prove me wrong and I hope to be proven wrong as well.

If you were always a fan of the Canucks then you need to not let your hatred for Gillis make you want failure for the entire team and city. If you just cannot do that no matter what, the Sabres have a web site too and you should just completely convert.

Oh, and if the Canucks do fail this year, do not pretend to be insightful or clairvoyant. Your posting is more akin to the guy that posts "fake!" on every youtube video. Being accidentally right? Well even a blind dog gets a bone once in a while.

As for some others here? Being negative doesn't make you realistic any more then being positive makes you a fanboy.

The fanboys will disagree with you because you aren't predicting a Cup win, and their blind faith masks any attempt to actually look at the "real" picture.

Sadly, I agree with you. I'm a die-hard, have been for 35 years, but I have a bad feeling this year, essentially for all the reasons you stated. Players not going to Europe is a real concern of mine. I could easily see a 3 win and 7 loss start to the season, which will make it very tough on them.

Hope I'm wrong.

Playing in Europe isn't always a good thing.

Ask a Kings fan how thrilled they are that Anze Kopitar went to Europe. And I'm sure the Sharks are pleased to be without Jason Demers for 4-6 weeks after breaking his wrist at the Spengler Cup.

.....I bet we get the cup....and I will also bet that I get closer to the actual result then you do

...most of what you say is pathetic , not real , conjecture and fabricated.....Good thing no one

honestly gives a rats ass what you think.

What a lode of crap. Seriuosly give your head a shake. Im not saying that we will win the Presidents trophy or even our division but to say we won't make playoffs?

While some teams have improved, some have not. Nashville without Suter. Detroit without Lidstrom. Some teams have as many question marks as we do, they are dealing with injuries just like we are. Calgary is Iginla healthy? Edmonton aside from Shultz who is an offensive dman who will keep the puck out?

Vancouver

Edmonton

Calgary

Colorado

Minnesota

Dallas

Detroit

St Louis

Chicago

Nashville

Anaheim

San Jose

L.A.

Phoenix

Columbus

You're going to tell me that 8 of these teams are better than Vancouver?

Archived