304 replies to this topic

#271 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,471 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

One thing patently obvious - King can't tell the difference between the tide being in and the tide being out, let alone knowing when it is turning.

Maybe he meant a red tide where it just kills everything around it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#272 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

jackass we are leading our division grab some hockey sense king

#273 danjr

danjr

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:21 AM

Well l really don't like replying to idjits, but in King's wondrous insight, l must reply thusly.
Stupid is as stupid is.

Too bad we didn't have forum filters so you could choose not to see particular posts by specific individuals.
Calling dibs on a Presidents trophy. Boy did I call that right X2.

#274 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,984 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

Too bad we didn't have forum filters so you could choose not to see particular posts by specific individuals.

we do - Ignore List is available to you

#275 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Are we talking real life of WTNFHL :D

:lol:

:sadno:

Now shut yer yapper and answer my PM on FA signings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

:P
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#276 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I

we do - Ignore List is available to you

I would put King on my ignore list but then where would I go for laughs when I'm bored?
I don't actually take the time to respond to his comments, I just read for amusement.

#277 cocosdad

cocosdad

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

King of ES;

I actually can respect someone who makes comments before the season starts and stands by them, moreso than those who get sore ankles jumping on and off bandwagons. You make some controversial statements, and risk getting flamed by this forum - almost assured when you are being contrarian like you are. However, you must admit that some of your remarks do seem rather troll-like. If they are not ment to be, you may want to shine that crystal ball up a bit.

As for the start of this season, I must say I am happily surprised. However, several things concern me. Watching the last two games, the number of defensive zone turnovers at side boards near the blue line are ridiculous. We were lucky to get to overtime both of those games. Good thing that Lou has been outstanding. How hard is it to clear the zone, or am I missing something? The points we are getting are masking this problem, but if they do not fix this, it may be a really long short season.

#278 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

There's one or two of these guys every year....

#279 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

King of ES;

I actually can respect someone who makes comments before the season starts and stands by them, moreso than those who get sore ankles jumping on and off bandwagons. You make some controversial statements, and risk getting flamed by this forum - almost assured when you are being contrarian like you are. However, you must admit that some of your remarks do seem rather troll-like. If they are not ment to be, you may want to shine that crystal ball up a bit.

As for the start of this season, I must say I am happily surprised. However, several things concern me. Watching the last two games, the number of defensive zone turnovers at side boards near the blue line are ridiculous. We were lucky to get to overtime both of those games. Good thing that Lou has been outstanding. How hard is it to clear the zone, or am I missing something? The points we are getting are masking this problem, but if they do not fix this, it may be a really long short season.

Wow. Good post, especially as you have only made 10 so far.
And helping out King, who has over 2,000 in half the time on this board.

It used to be the safe out, or at least safe play, to put the puck up to the half-boards but the way we are handling it when it gets there is ridiculous.
Here's hoping it is only because we did not have a long pre-season to train to win these puck battles and that we get it going very soon.

Minny will be more of a challenge than Edmonton, I think but we finally have a couple days to practise.

#280 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

King of ES;

I think that the problem will be fixed with more practice and team workout etc. Something we haven't had too much of yet. And getting the two dudes back in the line-up in the near future will obviously help us in resolving the problems at hand. The short season might actually be the one thing working in our advantage in the long run, as the problem would be much bigger if we had to limp through a full 82 -game schedule without the scoring touch we've had in recent years. We, as well as pretty much all other teams too, are struggling on different fronts, and now we've been able to get an upper hand a few of them too. Now we just need to get our game together (Sedin brothers too, please) and enjoy the ride.

Edited by Spoosh, 05 February 2013 - 11:29 AM.

© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#281 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

To this "prediction"
Posted Image
- Incorrect pre-election prediction reports Dewey won (as widely expected). Didn't happen.

Edited by VanNuck, 05 February 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#282 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I too felt like this game was a turning point: it's at that time in the season when guys are gonna start feeling in the game, the way we played so terribly, especially the defence, for the first half of that game, it made me say out loud, "wow Bieksa is playing so badly he practically HAS to score the tying goal late" (totally didn't happen...waitwhat?). Getting those breaks and then Tanev scoring felt like a turning point to me! So...probably we will just get killed in Minnesota.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#283 cocosdad

cocosdad

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Well, I do not think that when I have nothing productive to add to a discussion, that I should even bother posting. Also, most of the people on these forums are hardcore fans. Who am I to judge who has more experience or has more useful points than I do?

I live in Calgary, and I have been ridiculed for being a diehard Canucks fan for almost forty years. Being in Alberta, I only see the Canucks highlights most nights. You cannot judge how a team plays by watching highlights.

I hope that the team plays well in Minny, it will be a good test. If they can play like the last half of the Edmonton game, we will win going away, if they play like the first half of the game, at least they won half of the roadtrip.

#284 MashedBananas

MashedBananas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,671 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

So...... How are those better looking Flames doing now?

(Bump)
Posted Image

Sig Credit goes to Henrik Sedin

#285 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I see your jinx and counter it:

postseason prosperitas
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#286 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

How the hell have I never seen THIS beauty of a thread? WOW... HAhahahahaha

I don't even know what to say. How far can one person stick their own foot down their mouth without calling it a calf or shin or a leg?

This is too priceless.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#287 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

The OP actually had some interesting insights.

His conclusions, however...

:unsure:

#288 needtogetswole

needtogetswole

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

LMAO!! I just opened the thread and read.. - CALGARY HAS GOTTEN A LOT BETTER THIS YEAR. loooooll ahhhhahahahahaha

#289 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

CDC - Where the most illogical threads get the most attention

Don't feed the troll.
Posted Image

#290 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,376 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

In a sentence, I am officially predicting that the Vancouver Canucks will MISS the playoffs in 2013.

Here's why:

-Goaltending fiasco. Don't care about PC responses from the players or the GM, this will be a major distraction that will have an adverse effect on team morale. Awkward locker room. Poor allocation of cap dollars. I've said for a long time that the Canucks really missed the boat by not trading Schneider for something that could've seriously helped up in a Cup run last year, and it will for a long time be a regret of ours, IMO. Whatever we get for Luongo will be unexciting and we'll still have a relatively unproven goalie backstopping an alleged "team built to win now". Not a good combination.

-Complacency. Why didn't anybody go to Europe? Practicing with the UBC team is hardly an adequate preparation for the season. Makes me think that this bunch has largely lost their hunger. A 5-game post-season exit last year adds credence to this thought. By not going to Europe/Russia, the message in essence is that they'd rather stay in their posh Vancouver homes than be bothered to go try and compete to help stay sharp. Not a good sign. Of course, this doesn't include everybody, but the vast majority of the team chose to not play hockey in the downtime. I expect it to cost them.

-Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

-Edmonton has gotten better. Justin Schultz is going to be a star. I like the Fistric acquisition a lot. Dubnyk was very good at the Spengler Cup. Heavy momentum going into the year. Key guys are already in mid-season form.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Granlund, Parise, & Suter should all have an immediate and material impact.

David Booth's injury announcement yesterday just makes me more confident that this is one of those years where essentially everything's going to go wrong for the Canucks. The Jason Garrison signing is also one that I was/am vehemently against. Don't expect it to turn out good. Sami Salo's presence on the back end will be sorely missed.

And no, I am not "hating", so please don't suggest that I am. This is an opinion of mine that I am fully entitled to. Feel free to debate and/or include your own prediction.

PC responses WTF, seriously just because the core played here with the thunderbirds doesn't mean they are underwhelmed. Look at the entire NHL, it is a game of catch up. I think they are doing just fine, mostly talking about the Sedins here.

As for your other posts, I kind of hope you are a newb or new to hockey because it seem you are quite naive, the NW is not competetive, and if we play our game, then we can maintain our pace on top of the NW standings. Calgary lost Kipper, Minnesotas prize free agents aren't doing di-k, and Edmonton, well same pace as last year. (as a superstition I knock on wood thoiugh)

#291 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:55 AM

OK King, but here's what we're doing....we're holding you to this and, when it falls apart (your theory that is) then it's ban time? (your inner troll is shining through)

soo did you ban him? lol cause every single part of his prediction has already fallen apart

#292 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:45 AM

How the hell have I never seen THIS beauty of a thread? WOW... HAhahahahaha

I don't even know what to say. How far can one person stick their own foot down their mouth without calling it a calf or shin or a leg?

This is too priceless.

"Wanting failure and expecting failure are two different things.

Though I hope I'm wrong, I'm often not.

"

I guess that's 2 for 2 in the "wrong" department so far?

In all fairness, I'm pretty shocked by a 6-2-2 start without Kesler and Booth in the lineup.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#293 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

While I will agree there were a lot of question marks heading into the season.......................................

LOOK AT OUR DIVISION MAN!! LOL

You honestly thought the Oilers would just gel and turn into a playoff team that quickly??? Parise and Suter are just 2 players.... takes a whole lot more than 2 players to get a team going... not to mention I dont think that Yeo guy knows what hes doing, and we think AV is bad (I'm quite the AV critic myself)..

Calgary is Calgary.... and Colorado is Colorado.... they both feed off the bottom..

division leaders are top 3 King of the Dumb S

#294 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

One of the teams tonight looked division-winner-worthy, and the other definitely looked like a team that was poised to miss the playoffs.
Posted Image

#295 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

All things considered to this point, it would be great if you made a new post, predicting an early exit from the playoffs. B) Also, please predict a terrible showing from our rookies, terrible goaltending, major injuries, poor powerplay, and uneven officiating. Whatever you are doing, it seems to be working great.

#296 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,530 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

this kid is clearly a genius.

#297 Mackcanuck

Mackcanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:36 AM

Like my son said during the game last night
"That was probably, KING of the ES, THAT THREW HIS FLAMES SWEATER ON THE ICE!" :bigblush:

Edited by Mackcanuck, 10 February 2013 - 09:41 AM.

kevinbieksa_4622-218x150.jpg

#298 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

Anyone else notice that King still thinks he's right about everything? It's like Rita McNeil looking in the mirror and seeing Cindy Crawford, then yelling at the dress store attendant for not measuring her at a size 0.

I am surprised he hasn't ended this rein of trolldom and gone back to TOboards. I swear, he praises all the Leafs players so much that he is just a Leafs troll.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#299 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,904 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

In a sentence, I am officially predicting that the Vancouver Canucks will MISS the playoffs in 2013.

Here's why:

-Goaltending fiasco. Don't care about PC responses from the players or the GM, this will be a major distraction that will have an adverse effect on team morale. Awkward locker room. Poor allocation of cap dollars. I've said for a long time that the Canucks really missed the boat by not trading Schneider for something that could've seriously helped up in a Cup run last year, and it will for a long time be a regret of ours, IMO. Whatever we get for Luongo will be unexciting and we'll still have a relatively unproven goalie backstopping an alleged "team built to win now". Not a good combination.

-Complacency. Why didn't anybody go to Europe? Practicing with the UBC team is hardly an adequate preparation for the season. Makes me think that this bunch has largely lost their hunger. A 5-game post-season exit last year adds credence to this thought. By not going to Europe/Russia, the message in essence is that they'd rather stay in their posh Vancouver homes than be bothered to go try and compete to help stay sharp. Not a good sign. Of course, this doesn't include everybody, but the vast majority of the team chose to not play hockey in the downtime. I expect it to cost them.

-Calgary has gotten better. Added good scoring depth in Hudler, and late-season acquisition Cammalleri. Got rid of Jokinen, which is addition by subtraction. Got a proven PP QB in Wideman. Most importantly, a new coach. Would not surprise me at all to see the Flames win the division, somewhat like the Canucks did in '06-'07, out of nowhere and under AV's rookie year behind the bench.

-Edmonton has gotten better. Justin Schultz is going to be a star. I like the Fistric acquisition a lot. Dubnyk was very good at the Spengler Cup. Heavy momentum going into the year. Key guys are already in mid-season form.

-Minnesota has gotten better. Granlund, Parise, & Suter should all have an immediate and material impact.

David Booth's injury announcement yesterday just makes me more confident that this is one of those years where essentially everything's going to go wrong for the Canucks. The Jason Garrison signing is also one that I was/am vehemently against. Don't expect it to turn out good. Sami Salo's presence on the back end will be sorely missed.

And no, I am not "hating", so please don't suggest that I am. This is an opinion of mine that I am fully entitled to. Feel free to debate and/or include your own prediction.

Bumped for lulz. Especially this part.
Posted Image

#300 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:07 AM

Ooooooh King, your so cute when your mad...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.